F-Sport Gauge Swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-18, 02:40 PM
yungicon
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default F-Sport Gauge Swap

Hello all,

Has anyone with a Luxury RC installed the F-Sport gauges in their cars? I have heard people with IS's were able to do it and it was plug and play, however, I am curious if this is the same on the RC's.
Old 03-01-18, 05:19 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

I can't speak to the gauge cluster, as I have an f-sport, but I have been wondering what would happen if a 2018 wide screen info display was plugged into my car?

Last edited by rcJten; 03-01-18 at 05:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SurfaceGuy (03-23-18)
Old 03-01-18, 05:20 PM
jaywuzhere
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by yungicon
Hello all,

Has anyone with a Luxury RC installed the F-Sport gauges in their cars? I have heard people with IS's were able to do it and it was plug and play, however, I am curious if this is the same on the RC's.
I too would like to know
Old 03-01-18, 08:08 PM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by rcJten
I can't speak to the gauge cluster, as I have an f-sport, but I have been wondering what would happen if a 2018 wide screen info display was plugged into my car?
Not to hijack this thread, but I was wondering the saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame thing.
Old 03-02-18, 06:38 PM
yungicon
Driver School Candidate

I know that this is doable on the IS, multiple people have reported doing this on their IS's and have said that it is Plug & Play: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ase-model.html, I'm just uncertain about the RC.

As for the navigation screen, I read on the IS forums that it's not really doable mainly because of software in the cars before the wide screen refresh will not exactly scale with the wide screen. That being said, I don't remember seeing any posts of someone performing the swap.
SpeedRcr (03-03-18)
Old 03-03-18, 09:30 AM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

I know that this is doable on the IS, multiple people have reported doing this on their IS's and have said that it is Plug & Play: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ase-model.html, I'm just uncertain about the RC.

As for the navigation screen, I read on the IS forums that it's not really doable mainly because of software in the cars before the wide screen refresh will not exactly scale with the wide screen. That being said, I don't remember seeing any posts of someone performing the swap.

Thanks! Would love to see if anyone ever attempted it...
Old 03-20-18, 10:13 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
Talking

Hello all,

You should share links of those threads where people claim this. I've not searched since I'm an Fsport owner, but other vehicle makes allow gauge cluster swaps with minor modifcations. I'm just curious if that holds true for a motorized cluster such as it is for the RC/IS F-Sport models. Would be a cool upgrade to many for sure if its true and/or possible!
Old 03-20-18, 01:08 PM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by suvi2k
You should share links of those threads where people claim this. I've not searched since I'm an Fsport owner, but other vehicle makes allow gauge cluster swaps with minor modifcations. I'm just curious if that holds true for a motorized cluster such as it is for the RC/IS F-Sport models. Would be a cool upgrade to many for sure if its true and/or possible!
The one thing that jumps out at me is the button on the steering wheel to activate and interact with the screen. Is that the same on the non F-Sport vehicles?
Old 03-20-18, 02:41 PM
yungicon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by suvi2k
Hopefully this will give you some insight:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=18
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ster-swap.html

I remember seeing more posts about this in the IS forum, but I can't remember where I found them and sadly I did not bookmark them. The top link gives a good amount of detail though.
lexual_rc (03-23-18)
Old 03-20-18, 02:43 PM
yungicon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SpeedRcr
The one thing that jumps out at me is the button on the steering wheel to activate and interact with the screen. Is that the same on the non F-Sport vehicles?
Yes, the buttons are the same. Actually the steering wheels are identical expect for the F-Sport badging on the bottom of the steering wheel and the perforations. Both use the button the steering wheel that has the 3 "pages".
Old 03-23-18, 07:36 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Hopefully this will give you some insight:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=18
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ster-swap.html

I remember seeing more posts about this in the IS forum, but I can't remember where I found them and sadly I did not bookmark them. The top link gives a good amount of detail though.
The links definitely make the feasibility of the mod more enticing/promising. Who will be the first one to try this experiment and develop a proof of concept. From a value perspective, it seems kind of foolish not to just buy the F-Sport to begin with but I know that won't stop any car enthusiasts here on this thread hah. I found some used clusters on ebay for around 1K USD.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2016-L...0AAOSwHIhZjIIY

Also to keep things legal, it looks like a dealer would have to program the correct mileage into the new cluster. Hope someone does it and shares their results here. Thanks for sharing the links!