RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

OEM Lowering Springs for RC 350 F sports AWD

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-18, 11:42 AM
Nivle509
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default OEM Lowering Springs for RC 350 F sports AWD

Has anyone tried OEM Lowering Springs for the Awd 350 F Sport. Just leased a 2018 and not happy with wheel gap in front wheels. Been looking at forums and noticed some good results with Rsr and Tanabe springs by replacing both front and back springs and also only front springs. My issue is no one has posted anything regarding the OEM lowering springs that Lexus sells. Since my vehicle is a lease would like to stick to OEM parts. Can any one offer their opinion on this. And pictures if OEM Lowering springs have been used. Also how many inches did it drop the vehicle in front and back, thanks
Old 03-27-18, 06:59 PM
Crown7
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've spoken to my service writer about this and he says that there isn't any F Sport lowering springs out right now for the AWD. Unless that's changed in the past month, you're going to have to go aftermarket.
Old 03-27-18, 07:17 PM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Nivle509
Has anyone tried OEM Lowering Springs for the Awd 350 F Sport. Just leased a 2018 and not happy with wheel gap in front wheels. Been looking at forums and noticed some good results with Rsr and Tanabe springs by replacing both front and back springs and also only front springs. My issue is no one has posted anything regarding the OEM lowering springs that Lexus sells. Since my vehicle is a lease would like to stick to OEM parts. Can any one offer their opinion on this. And pictures if OEM Lowering springs have been used. Also how many inches did it drop the vehicle in front and back, thanks

I don't know of anyone on here who's posted an AWD with Lexus F-Sport Lowering Springs. I am running with RC350 F-Sport in AWD. I could almost fist my front wheel gap -- the car looked horrible! I went the Tanabe route and haven't looked back. For the AWD, it's a perfect drop -- stiffer for reasonable ride. It's a very good product and highly recommend. You can always remove and sell come lease return.
Old 03-28-18, 07:48 AM
Nivle509
Driver School Candidate

Guys thanks for reply. But I actually called my local Lexus dealership and they informed me they have available the OEM lowering springs, after asking a few questions the only thing they can give me a 100 percent answer is in how many inches it drops vehicle. Price it' a comparable to Tanabe and RSR. I'm just nervous OEM don't drop the front the way I would like and just do a small drop.
Old 03-28-18, 07:58 AM
UncleMoney
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

This is the response I got from my local dealer in MD on the F Sport Lowering Springs:

The springs are $316.94 and labor would be $852, for a total of $1168.94.
Old 03-28-18, 09:51 AM
Nivle509
Driver School Candidate

@Unclemoney, where they able to tell you how many inches car will drop in front and back? Thanks
Old 03-28-18, 10:38 AM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Guys thanks for reply. But I actually called my local Lexus dealership and they informed me they have available the OEM lowering springs, after asking a few questions the only thing they can give me a 100 percent answer is in how many inches it drops vehicle. Price it' a comparable to Tanabe and RSR. I'm just nervous OEM don't drop the front the way I would like and just do a small drop.
I skipped out on them for that very reason.
Old 03-28-18, 05:30 PM
UncleMoney
Rookie

@Unclemoney, where they able to tell you how many inches car will drop in front and back? Thanks
they kinda said “it will look cool etc” but never gave any specific info re drop.
Old 03-28-18, 07:11 PM
Nivle509
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by UncleMoney

they kinda said “it will look cool etc” but never gave any specific info re drop.
Thanks. Spoke to dealership will take it Friday and pick up Saturday. They charging me 380 to Install my 2 front ones however they giving me a Loaner from Friday to Saturday so I dont have to wait for car as they install so figured price wasn't terribly bad. Some other shops would install for 250. But getting the warranty plus getting a loaner makes up the difference. Will show before and after pics once install done.
​​​​​​
Old 03-29-18, 06:46 AM
nomz09
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. Spoke to dealership will take it Friday and pick up Saturday. They charging me 380 to Install my 2 front ones however they giving me a Loaner from Friday to Saturday so I dont have to wait for car as they install so figured price wasn't terribly bad. Some other shops would install for 250. But getting the warranty plus getting a loaner makes up the difference. Will show before and after pics once install done.
​​​​​​

i have couple of my guys went to OEM lowering springs..stealership charged them like over $1000 for springs and labor and drop is not even close to drop of superdown rsr. i think it will give you only an inc or closer ro an inc drop in front. my guy regretted it and lost money and just bought rsr superdown. when lease was up, he just switch it back to oem lowering spring.but hope you like the drop.
Old 03-29-18, 07:20 AM
UncleMoney
Rookie

​​​​​​
Curious to see how it turns out. And if you just do the front, do they still have to sell you all 4 springs? Or can you just buy 2? If it's all 4, at least the labor should be cut in half (ish).
Old 03-29-18, 08:38 AM
Nivle509
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nomz09
i have couple of my guys went to OEM lowering springs..stealership charged them like over $1000 for springs and labor and drop is not even close to drop of superdown rsr. i think it will give you only an inc or closer ro an inc drop in front. my guy regretted it and lost money and just bought rsr superdown. when lease was up, he just switch it back to oem lowering spring.but hope you like the drop.
Thanks for Reply. To be honest I agree that RSR will probably be a better choice. Issue with me I live In NY Pothole country. My main concern are two. 1. Can't lower vehicle 2 much because when it snows I need to have some clearance up front 2. Concern that if I hit a pothole hard enough (I have Wheel Warranty) I could damage suspension and then dealership won't want to cover it if they see RSR or Tanabe springs. I know that the dealership it's a bit of a ripoff compared to shops around town but at least will cover anything under warranty in case my wheels or suspension gets messed up during lease period. If I get anywhere from 1 inch to 1.4 inch drop in front I think I will be happy as it will even out the back and front on my Awd which is what I want, rather than dropping it to a nice sexy level, which unfortunately I can't never drop it to that level where I live due to weather and road conditions. Now if it drops less than an inch I will be upset for sure. So I'm kinda nervous. I guess Saturday we will see what happens lol. Will post pics and whether I regret it or not. Thanks guys
​​​
The following users liked this post:
UncleMoney (03-29-18)
Old 03-31-18, 01:20 PM
Nivle509
Driver School Candidate

As promised guys. Pics of OEM F Sport lowering springs drop. Lowering Springs are the blue ones in Lexus website. However got them for 313 at dealership. After careful measurement my vehicle dropped exactly 1 inch in front. As I told everyone before I would install only the front springs. The back ones I kept original height. Now car is evened out perfectly. Not the kind of drop most guys in Southern US would want as I'm sure some RSR springs would drop more and look better but for me living in the Northeast with a lot of snow and potholes the drop is the perfect balance between sporty and being able to handle the weather and roads up here. Will post some better pics in a bit with side angle of car. Hope this review help some people as I couldn't really find any info before I spent the money on dropping car.
​​​​
The following users liked this post:
mike619 (07-11-18)
Old 03-31-18, 01:34 PM
Nivle509
Driver School Candidate

This is an angled picture of car after front OEM Lowering springs installed. Space almost identical to back.
Old 04-01-18, 07:19 AM
UncleMoney
Rookie

Looks good.
- how is the ride quality?
- does installing only the front springs affect your warranty?
- is $313 the all-in cost?
-will it need an alignment?

thx.

Quick Reply: OEM Lowering Springs for RC 350 F sports AWD