RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Loose or little play in my driver seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-18, 02:29 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts
Default Loose or little play in my driver seat

Does anyone here have this problem? I can feel my seat slightly moves when braking and accelerating hard, sometimes during hard cornering also. Never had this problem with my 17 RC.

This is happening on my 18 RC now and dealer said it's normal. Searched online and it seems to be happening to all manufacturers from Porsche to Tesla.

But on a side note, the heated part of the seat ventilation problem seems to be fixed on this model year. I haven't noticed any hot area on my seat and my passenger seat like it did on my 17 RC.
Old 04-06-18, 04:34 PM
scooky
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

I haven't noticed anything in my 18'. Just crossed 1k today.
I'll try to remember to activate my butt slip sensors next few times out to see if I notice anything.
I hope I don't. Once it's in your head it's probably hard to get out again.
Old 04-07-18, 11:19 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PatrixUSA
Yeah, that has me scratching my head too... dealer says a seat moving while driving is normal? That takes the cake, as there's no way that's acceptable! At first reading of your post it sounds to me like your seat screws are loose. If your seat is truly moving that is for sure not normal - and not acceptable. Just make sure it's not you sliding in the seat as you brake and accelerate.

OP, standing outside the car reaching in, can you grab the bolsters and wiggle the seat (side to side or forward and backward)?
Definitely not me sliding cause I also hear a click when it does that and yeah sometimes I can wiggle it from outside too, it's rockin'!

I'm going back to the dealer again cause I'm hearing ticking noise in the front wheels area at low speeds and will bring up the seat issue once more. I shouldn't be having these problems with a car this caliber.

Anyone having the ticking noise problem on their car too?
Old 07-18-18, 08:42 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Okay, I can finally update this thread and my problems because my seat is finally FIXED!!!

The fix is to replace the seat tracks, not the whole seat unless u got other problems. Upon inspecting, the tech also found that my lumbar support is falling apart and he replaced that too. I woulda never known about that! A+ for that cool tech at Lexus Woodland Hills for fixing my damn seat! It's now solid as it should be!

As for the ticking noise at the wheels, it's caused by the 2-piece front rotors, that got replaced too with a solid 1-piece and no more noise.

I tested the IS300 inside their showroom and both driver and passenger seats were rocking and seems worse than mine. What the F* Lexus?!?!
Old 07-18-18, 08:58 AM
signdetres
Racer

Received 886 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Okay, I can finally update this thread and my problems because my seat is finally FIXED!!!

The fix is to replace the seat tracks, not the whole seat unless u got other problems. Upon inspecting, the tech also found that my lumbar support is falling apart and he replaced that too. I woulda never known about that! A+ for that cool tech at Lexus Woodland Hills for fixing my damn seat! It's now solid as it should be!

As for the ticking noise at the wheels, it's caused by the 2-piece front rotors, that got replaced too with a solid 1-piece and no more noise.

I tested the IS300 inside their showroom and both driver and passenger seats were rocking and seems worse than mine. What the F* Lexus?!?!
I just did one of those Lexus marketing events this past weekend where you get to drive just about every car (LS, LC, GS F, RC F, etc.) and the LS500 F-Sport I drove also had a loose driver seat that would rock back and forth. Not entirely surprising given these cars are driven hard/abused by hundreds of people each event (and this was the last of the events) but it happens! Glad the dealer did you right and fixed it because you're right, this is definitely not something that should be occurring in a Lexus.
Old 07-18-18, 09:22 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by signdetres
I just did one of those Lexus marketing events this past weekend where you get to drive just about every car (LS, LC, GS F, RC F, etc.) and the LS500 F-Sport I drove also had a loose driver seat that would rock back and forth. Not entirely surprising given these cars are driven hard/abused by hundreds of people each event (and this was the last of the events) but it happens! Glad the dealer did you right and fixed it because you're right, this is definitely not something that should be occurring in a Lexus.
Wow! LS with the same problem? That shouldn't be happening. It looks like Lexus quality is really going downhill now.
Old 11-14-22, 12:12 AM
FlyTvr
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Does anyone here have this problem? I can feel my seat slightly moves when braking and accelerating hard, sometimes during hard cornering also. Never had this problem with my 17 RC.

This is happening on my 18 RC now and dealer said it's normal. Searched online and it seems to be happening to all manufacturers from Porsche to Tesla.

But on a side note, the heated part of the seat ventilation problem seems to be fixed on this model year. I haven't noticed any hot area on my seat and my passenger seat like it did on my 17 RC.
Have a look at -
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-...eris-seat.html