RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

2015 RC350 Infrared Paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-18, 04:14 PM
kemosabe1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 RC350 Infrared Paint

I am looking at purchasing a 2015 Infrared RC350 from out of town. Pictures look good but I can't see a Infrared Lexus here in town. Can anyone tell me if this paint has a metallic look to it? Lexus help line says its technically a pearl. I had a pearl white lexus years ago which had a metallic appearance. Can anyone tell me if the infrared has a metallic appearance.
Thanks,
Kemosabe1
Old 04-18-18, 06:43 AM
tfischer

Received 223 Likes on 164 Posts

It's not metallic looking, although that term is pretty vague. Go buy it - it's the best paint color on the road. After 3 years, I'm still getting compliments all the time. It's a deep, rich red that changes hue depending on the angle of the light hitting it. You won't be sorry, unless you plan to go incognito.
Old 04-18-18, 07:27 AM
scooky
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

I see a Red one in the parking lot occasionally. It's not here currently so I can't comment on the metallic. I seriously love the color and wonder if I should have gone that way.
I have Atomic Silver which is great. My wife initially said no to red, but changed her mind after she actually saw one.
My only complaint with the Infrared exterior, is the interior, I usually see it with black. I like the red interior a lot and didn't want to do red exterior on red interior. Don't know if they even build them that way, they might.
Silver and Red was my favorite overall package preference.
Old 04-18-18, 07:40 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Infrared (along with USB, Molten Pearl, LP) is one of the nicest paint finishes I've seen IMO. When the sun hits it, it's pure magic.
Old 04-18-18, 02:04 PM
tfischer

I forget the stupid names that Lexus gave to the interior colors on my RC, but my interior is one of the two available tan colors, and it looks great. One of them has a more yellow cast than the other, and I don't think it looks as good, but I think either one gives the interior more definition than the all black.

Last edited by tfischer; 04-18-18 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Delete all the spoilers for "A Quite Place."
Old 04-19-18, 07:15 AM
tfischer

Yes. Now I remember: Flaxen and Playa. The flaxen is a real tan; that's what I have with my Infrared, and it looks great (in my unbiased opinion). I've seen the Playa in an Infrared car, and it has a lot of yellow in it. The darker flaxen goes better with the Infrared, and looks very European (it's a popular Ferrari color combination). My salesman bought an RC for himself in Atomic Silver, and he has the playa interior, and that combination looks pretty good.
Old 04-20-18, 08:32 AM
grandspt
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My sister bought a 2018 Infrared RC300 F Sport and the color is very nice (it has the black gut interior).
She loves it.
I like my Ultrasonic Blue Mica with the playa gut better but hers would have been my second choice for sure.
You won't go wrong with the Infrared color!
Old 04-24-18, 05:52 PM
angela9051
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kemosabe1
I am looking at purchasing a 2015 Infrared RC350 from out of town. Pictures look good but I can't see a Infrared Lexus here in town. Can anyone tell me if this paint has a metallic look to it? Lexus help line says its technically a pearl. I had a pearl white lexus years ago which had a metallic appearance. Can anyone tell me if the infrared has a metallic appearance.
Thanks,
Kemosabe1
This my car - just picked up in December. It's still in my dad's garage out of state so i can't look at the paint and tell you exact (I haven't driven it much b/c of the winter). But this picture does not do it justice. It's got a very rich tone that just outshines anything else in the sun. I have a tan interior which i love.
Old 04-27-18, 11:13 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by angela9051
This my car - just picked up in December. It's still in my dad's garage out of state so i can't look at the paint and tell you exact (I haven't driven it much b/c of the winter). But this picture does not do it justice. It's got a very rich tone that just outshines anything else in the sun. I have a tan interior which i love.
I've seen this as well on the road and have to agree, it looks great! I also feel like photography of the ultrasonic blue also doesn't do the color justice. I remember when I first saw both of these colors at the R&D facility at the company I work for. I'm glad Lexus chooses to use such high quality paint and how good they look on the road. ;-)
Old 05-02-18, 12:58 PM
rmason
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Picked one up for the dw past weekend, it's quite a visually exciting color ..... she loves it. Yes if you look close enough there is a bit of metallic feel to it. Hard to explain in words and pics just don't do justice.
Good luck.