RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Rc350 screen upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-20, 12:20 AM
IIIusion
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tnilc
My display unit was delivered! I'll try to install this weekend.
Oh nice. Would you mind to advise where did you bought it? Thanks
Old 04-20-20, 01:12 PM
jaywuzhere
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

My display unit was delivered! I'll try to install this weekend.
@tnilc Oh so excited to see how it turned out! Any pics of the install? Any issues you might have ran into while installing?
Old 04-20-20, 02:21 PM
baggedRC
Driver

Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by jaywuzhere
@tnilc Oh so excited to see how it turned out! Any pics of the install? Any issues you might have ran into while installing?
Yes please provide feedback
Old 04-20-20, 04:17 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

I've been waiting for a product like this for years, I just wish it was coming from a US based company. I wonder if these units will ever receive OTA updates? Also, the Amazon listing list the unit as having Android 9 and 4gb RAM, but on the makers site (Carsoll) it is listed as 7.1 with 2 gb of RAM. I like my VLine2, but will ditch it in a heartbeat for this product if it turns out to be a well-functioning system.

The current fact that you can't change the main screen from Metric is a red flag.

Last edited by rcJten; 04-20-20 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-20-20, 07:43 PM
IIIusion
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rcJten
I've been waiting for a product like this for years, I just wish it was coming from a US based company. I wonder if these units will ever receive OTA updates? Also, the Amazon listing list the unit as having Android 9 and 4gb RAM, but on the makers site (Carsoll) it is listed as 7.1 with 2 gb of RAM. I like my VLine2, but will ditch it in a heartbeat for this product if it turns out to be a well-functioning system.

The current fact that you can't change the main screen from Metric is a red flag.
Not big deal at all. We just want to hear some success stories. Unfortunately no one confirms that they installed it successfully and advise where have they bought it. I asked that question multiple times but no answer.
Old 04-21-20, 08:30 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

I dismantled my interior. Had the wire harness routed only to realize the harness was wrong. Had to undo everything.

Currently waiting for a new wire harness. I will post review when completed. I don’t really pay much attention to this thread, I spend most my attention on the other thread in the IS sub forum where there’s more help.
Old 04-21-20, 10:38 PM
IIIusion
Driver School Candidate

I dismantled my interior. Had the wire harness routed only to realize the harness was wrong. Had to undo everything.

Currently waiting for a new wire harness. I will post review when completed. I don’t really pay much attention to this thread, I spend most my attention on the other thread in the IS sub forum where there’s more help.
We are really waiting for your outcome to get the same screen. Have you ordered it on aliexpress?
Old 04-25-20, 06:28 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

I pulled the trigger and ordered one from Amazon. It says delivery by June, but I am hoping that turns out to be conservative.
Old 04-26-20, 02:43 AM
IIIusion
Driver School Candidate

I pulled the trigger and ordered one from Amazon. It says delivery by June, but I am hoping that turns out to be conservative.
Let us know how will you go.
Old 04-26-20, 07:40 AM
baggedRC
Driver

Yes that’s awesome, hopefully you get it soon. This is one mod that I would love to do.
Old 04-26-20, 06:02 PM
IIIusion
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by baggedRC
Yes that’s awesome, hopefully you get it soon. This is one mod that I would love to do.
Funny part that we haven't received any successful story yet. I never performed such thing myself and therefore I need to hear about challenges.
Old 04-26-20, 06:28 PM
baggedRC
Driver

Originally Posted by IIIusion
Funny part that we haven't received any successful story yet. I never performed such thing myself and therefore I need to hear about challenges.
Yes that’s why I don’t want to pull the trigger.
Old 04-27-20, 08:15 PM
tnilc
Instructor

It's essentially all the same as the IS models. My only problem was the wiring harness was wrong, luckily the screen is the same.

When I purchased mine, it said Lexus RC F Sport with Touchpad in the title. I asked specifically if it would fit my RC300 F sport with touchpad but without navigation and without Mark Levinson sound system and they said yes. They've since changed the title to RC F. I'm not going to link the one I bought since I'm having the problem with the wrong harness and I don't want to lead anyone into a similar scenario. Also not going to specify which vendor I purchased from until everything is settled and I have my screen installed. I have mentioned it in the other thread but I prefer not to go into full details and reviews until I get everything situated.

As far as I could tell, everything matched up except the plug into the radio so I am fairly confident that when I get the right harness, I'll have a positive review. With that being said, the seller has been very nice and helpful during all this. I am waiting for the new harness to be delivered. Once I get everything and have it installed and confirmed to work, if one hasn't been started yet, I'll start a new thread with my review and some tips I've picked up.
The following 2 users liked this post by tnilc:
Jay hall (04-27-20), jaywuzhere (04-27-20)
Old 04-30-20, 07:49 PM
tnilc
Instructor

I just got my new wiring harness. They also sent me a new motherboard because the kit they sent me was for an RCF...they sent me an S8K originally and sent me an S8 to replace. Replacing was easy.

So now I have an extra wire harness, t adapter for back up camera and an S8K motherboard..

I'll be able to install this weekend on my RC. From the looks of it, I took pictures before I reinstalled everything, everything looks like a match! I'm excited.
The following users liked this post:
jaywuzhere (05-01-20)
Old 04-30-20, 07:54 PM
baggedRC
Driver

I just got my new wiring harness. They also sent me a new motherboard because the kit they sent me was for an RCF...they sent me an S8K originally and sent me an S8 to replace. Replacing was easy.

So now I have an extra wire harness, t adapter for back up camera and an S8K motherboard..

I'll be able to install this weekend on my RC. From the looks of it, I took pictures before I reinstalled everything, everything looks like a match! I'm excited.
pictures or it didn’t happen

Quick Reply: Rc350 screen upgrade