RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

RC350 Fsport Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-19 | 09:26 AM
jdorame28
Driver School Candidate

Smile RC350 Fsport Purchase

Hello I am obviously new here but wanted some opinions from other Lexus enthusiasts. I am looking to purchase an rc350f sport but wanted to know thoughts on the difference between the AWD and RWD model? I notice that the AWD is a 6 speed and the RWD is an 8 spd? Any big differences between these models? I am looking to get a 2015-2016 model but prefer one that still has warranty. Can you buy an extended warranty from Toyota financial directly or does it have to be done from the dealer. Feel like cutting out the middle man may save me some money. Can you buy a warranty if the car is out of warranty, for example 2015 out of bumper to bumper warranty, can you renew it directly or would you have to go third party? Any input would be fantastic, cant wait to join the community, I have driven several so far and a few sold before I could get down there, at this point I'm gonna have to buy one out of state, most likely the blue color with white or dark interior 2016 with as little miles as possible. Well thanks for the views and replies in advance!!
Old 07-18-19 | 03:42 PM
AlpineGS
Driver School Candidate

As far as the warranty subject, I believe you can get a certified pre-owned(cpo). it will be a bumper to bumper for 2 years. I'm pretty sure you can only get a CPO from a dealer. The biggest differences between RWD and AWD are the transmission, the AWD sits up a bit higher, and the RWD is quicker. Someone else might be able to shine some more light on everything, but that should get you started.
Old 07-18-19 | 04:04 PM
sideswipe
Pole Position

You can buy cpo and extend the warranty additional years. Cpo is dealer only.
Old 07-19-19 | 05:00 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Buy the RWD!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THE AWD and the HIDEOUS HIDEOUS HIDEOUS HIDEOUS wheel gap!! Lexus should be ASHAMED of having put a car on the road that has a gap in the front not equal to the rear and then gap on the passenger side greater than the driver side. As you said, the 8 speed is on the RWD and quite honestly, the 6 speed is fine with me....and I wouldn't mind an AWD had they cared enough to make the car look decent. They likely felt few would buy an AWD so they slapped something together without a care for customer like myself who live in Canada and have Lexus Canada NOT ALLOW the RC available in RWD....Yet, they feel it is pertinent to offer the IS in a RWD with a 4 cylinder turbo! I am no expert but which car is likely to sell more as a RWD, an IS with a 4 cylinder or an RC with a V6 and something many would drive in the summer.

So take my friendly advice, if you have an option to buy a RWD, do yourself a favor and get one!
Old 07-19-19 | 05:28 PM
sideswipe
Pole Position

wthrman2, I think your opinion is a little overblown. Get the OEM lowering springs on the AWD and the gap is all but gone and the ride is almost the same.
Old 07-19-19 | 05:33 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ It wouldn't be overblown if Lexus Canada had OEM spring which they don't - So They won't allow us to install aftemarket without affecting the warranty....So they design a car poorly (AWD only), won't make the RWD available, won't make the OEM lowering springs available and won't authorize us to install aftermarket parts to fix their hideous gap.

I recognize in the US its different but in Canada, I feel my statement and frustration to be fair....
Old 07-20-19 | 04:33 PM
sideswipe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wthrman2
^^ It wouldn't be overblown if Lexus Canada had OEM spring which they don't - So They won't allow us to install aftemarket without affecting the warranty....So they design a car poorly (AWD only), won't make the RWD available, won't make the OEM lowering springs available and won't authorize us to install aftermarket parts to fix their hideous gap.

I recognize in the US its different but in Canada, I feel my statement and frustration to be fair....
Ahhh I see. That sucks bro.
The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (07-20-19)