RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Lease questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-19 | 06:03 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Default Lease questions

I have a 2016 RC that the lease was up on in July, my saleswoman said to extend the lease and wait until December for a better deal..... well here we are, the Dec to remember event has started so I contact her. To start with my two preferred color choices (caviar/white or USB over white or black/yellow) are not available anywhere in a 200t F sport. She is offering up an infrared/black or a caviar/ black. The biggest problem I am having is that now they want to charge me $530 for a dealer trade because there is no inventory (and $200 for tint which I will have removed) and she is saying the 2020's will not have good incentives when they arrive.... They are also telling me my payment will jump $50 a month for 2,000 less miles per month (12k to 10k) on a car that, according to the paperwork is the exact same price (before the 2 fees I mentioned above) as the one I am currently in.

I know there are some people here that work for Lexus, do I need to go ahead and try to get into a 2019 to get the best incentives? Should I argue to have the fees removed? Also there are quite a few more 350's around so should I try to get into a 350. The dealer is not really giving me all the pertinent lease info like the residual and money factor. Which she called late in the day and I was busy so I haven't had a chance to push for this info.

I just really don't feel like paying lease payments on a car that is not exactly what I was looking for and being in it for 3 years. Anyone have any insight or advice?

Thanks!
Old 11-06-19 | 07:02 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by wednesday
I have a 2016 RC that the lease was up on in July, my saleswoman said to extend the lease and wait until December for a better deal..... well here we are, the Dec to remember event has started so I contact her. To start with my two preferred color choices (caviar/white or USB over white or black/yellow) are not available anywhere in a 200t F sport. She is offering up an infrared/black or a caviar/ black. The biggest problem I am having is that now they want to charge me $530 for a dealer trade because there is no inventory (and $200 for tint which I will have removed) and she is saying the 2020's will not have good incentives when they arrive.... They are also telling me my payment will jump $50 a month for 2,000 less miles per month (12k to 10k) on a car that, according to the paperwork is the exact same price (before the 2 fees I mentioned above) as the one I am currently in.

I know there are some people here that work for Lexus, do I need to go ahead and try to get into a 2019 to get the best incentives? Should I argue to have the fees removed? Also there are quite a few more 350's around so should I try to get into a 350. The dealer is not really giving me all the pertinent lease info like the residual and money factor. Which she called late in the day and I was busy so I haven't had a chance to push for this info.

I just really don't feel like paying lease payments on a car that is not exactly what I was looking for and being in it for 3 years. Anyone have any insight or advice?

Thanks!
Definitely go 350 route, you wont regret it. But as for the lease price, I'd argue some of the fees. Most of the time, not always, your sales rep can have them removed. Bring up that youre really not happy about paying 50$ more for 2k less miles.
Old 11-06-19 | 07:36 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Pittsy
Definitely go 350 route, you wont regret it. But as for the lease price, I'd argue some of the fees. Most of the time, not always, your sales rep can have them removed. Bring up that youre really not happy about paying 50$ more for 2k less miles.
Yeah, I decided to shop around and a dealer that is actually closer has a caviar 350 F sport and he is trying to get the price down to match the 300 F Sport that my dealer was offering. If that happens I'll probably go get it on Saturday. I hate the 4 cylinder in the 200t I have and would much prefer having the 350. If this doesn't work out and I have to go through my current dealer I will definitely argue the fees, I work from home and can turn in the lease and not buy anything if I choose to, so I feel like I have some control over the situation. I am pretty excited about the prospect of a 350
Old 11-06-19 | 11:28 AM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Originally Posted by wednesday
Yeah, I decided to shop around and a dealer that is actually closer has a caviar 350 F sport and he is trying to get the price down to match the 300 F Sport that my dealer was offering. If that happens I'll probably go get it on Saturday. I hate the 4 cylinder in the 200t I have and would much prefer having the 350. If this doesn't work out and I have to go through my current dealer I will definitely argue the fees, I work from home and can turn in the lease and not buy anything if I choose to, so I feel like I have some control over the situation. I am pretty excited about the prospect of a 350
I would also go look at a comparable car with a competitor like Audi, BMW or Infiniti. Tell Lexus you are torn between the RC and one of the other cars. I would beat they will come down to get your business. If they know you only want the RC they have no incentive to get your business.
Old 11-07-19 | 10:36 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jonmonkey
I would also go look at a comparable car with a competitor like Audi, BMW or Infiniti. Tell Lexus you are torn between the RC and one of the other cars. I would beat they will come down to get your business. If they know you only want the RC they have no incentive to get your business.
I work from home and told them I was thinking about turning mine in and waiting a while to get a new car. I managed to get where I want to be so, fingers crossed, I will pick it up tomorrow or Saturday. Caviar over Black RC 350 F sport with rear spoiler and fairly well loaded. I wanted Caviar over white but moving up to a 350 is a very big consolation prize.

SO excited, I've always wanted a 350, both when I was in an IS and with the RC. I feel like it will be a big step up.