RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Intermittent AC

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-19, 07:21 PM
ndk350
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Intermittent AC

Recently purchased a 2015 RC 350 F-Sport with approx 35,000 miles. Kept in very good shape. Drove it home 2 hours and everything was good. For the next few days I was slowly falling in love with the car. Today I jumped in to head to the store and turned on the AC to have it blowing blistering hot air. The AC was set to low, so I tried to raise them temp to HI and the blower sound changed but the heat was still coming out of the vents. Tried to mess with all the setting to no avail. After the store I headed to the gym with still hot air, so I turned it off and rolled down the windows. After an hour at the gym I started up the car, and cold air again. Any ideas of why this could be happening? (Sorry if there is some other thread, I looked for about 20 min and couldn't find a similar issue, but if there is please point me there) Thank You.
Old 11-06-19, 06:56 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 812 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by ndk350
Recently purchased a 2015 RC 350 F-Sport with approx 35,000 miles. Kept in very good shape. Drove it home 2 hours and everything was good. For the next few days I was slowly falling in love with the car. Today I jumped in to head to the store and turned on the AC to have it blowing blistering hot air. The AC was set to low, so I tried to raise them temp to HI and the blower sound changed but the heat was still coming out of the vents. Tried to mess with all the setting to no avail. After the store I headed to the gym with still hot air, so I turned it off and rolled down the windows. After an hour at the gym I started up the car, and cold air again. Any ideas of why this could be happening? (Sorry if there is some other thread, I looked for about 20 min and couldn't find a similar issue, but if there is please point me there) Thank You.
This issue has popped up in the IS side of forums, but what the general consensus there is that it is the blending door servo motor that goes wonky. Best bet is to bring it to the dealer to have them confirm/fix. How long ago did you purchase? If it was in like the last week I'd complain that this issue should've been addressed already.
Old 11-06-19, 09:29 AM
ndk350
Driver School Candidate

Purchased it last Friday, but it was from an Audi Dealership. I assume they would just act dumb if I said they should've fixed it. Might still give it a try anyways though.
Old 11-06-19, 10:06 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Purchased it last Friday, but it was from an Audi Dealership. I assume they would just act dumb if I said they should've fixed it. Might still give it a try anyways though.
Ah gotcha, not from lexus. I'd see if I could get audi to pay for it and get it fixed at lexus since they didnt tell you about the issue.
Old 11-07-19, 01:23 PM
ndk350
Driver School Candidate

Do you know where I could find the part number for the blending door servo motor? I saw some online and amazon but none that say they replace for RC350. Do they share the same motor as any of the other models?
Old 11-07-19, 02:13 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Do you know where I could find the part number for the blending door servo motor? I saw some online and amazon but none that say they replace for RC350. Do they share the same motor as any of the other models?
It may be shared with the IS but i really have no idea. the interiors are similar which i why I say that. My understanding is that this repair is pretty intensive, requiring the whole or parts of the dash to be removed. Best to let lexus deal with this whole issue if the car is still under warranty.
Old 11-08-19, 05:07 AM
captaincap
Driver

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

I recently had the same issue. Turned out to be the servo motors behind the dash. Thank god my extended warranty covered it as it would have been a 2300 dollar repair