Just checking

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-19, 05:08 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,692 Likes on 1,785 Posts
Default Just checking

Hi everyone,

I am somewhat new to the Lexus forum (and especially the RC section) so my apologies for asking this question - Am I expected to create a new thread for every question or observation I have, or is best I create a general thread and keep asking question in it thus reviving it as I ask new questions?

The reason I ask is that I see numerous new threads that I question whether they warrant a new thread....but I am asking because I am not sure of the forum etiquette.

Thanks
Old 11-29-19, 08:39 PM
MKenM
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Best to look up your question in the search feature, read those threads and see if you have something you want to add or question. There are so many people who don't take the time to search and just start new threads for the heck of it. I'm a moderator on another forum and some people just like to post and think it is funny. These forums are supposed to be informative but you'll have to be the judge.
Old 11-30-19, 11:28 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,692 Likes on 1,785 Posts

^^ Thanks Mike. The information you have posted is EXACTLY how I think it should be and having been on Acurazine for many years, that is how that forum worked too, they have great moderators for sure. I feel that some people start way too many new threads and quite honestly, has turned me off to this site. it is unfortunate because I love coming on car forum and help new owners and provide input but I was getting extremely frustrated by coming online and having to see a bunch a frivolous threads that honestly, were not necessary. I appreciate your confirmation that I am not the only one feeling that there should be thread etiquette
The following users liked this post:
jonmonkey (12-02-19)
Old 12-10-19, 08:06 AM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
^^ Thanks Mike. The information you have posted is EXACTLY how I think it should be and having been on Acurazine for many years, that is how that forum worked too, they have great moderators for sure. I feel that some people start way too many new threads and quite honestly, has turned me off to this site. it is unfortunate because I love coming on car forum and help new owners and provide input but I was getting extremely frustrated by coming online and having to see a bunch a frivolous threads that honestly, were not necessary. I appreciate your confirmation that I am not the only one feeling that there should be thread etiquette
I think it depends on whether or not you’re actually searching for a specific topic, or just coming here to browse. If it’s the latter, then I can see why it could be frustrating. Plus people have a tendency to start new threads if they feel like their question hasn’t been answered in an established thread, especially old threads.

On another note, the RX forums are very heavily moderated. Threads are often merged into existing ones as the moderator sees fit. Here not so much. And anyway, I don’t really let it get to me. It is what it is. There’s no thread police yet.

Then again, nobody’s twisting anybody’s arm to visit the boards here.

Last edited by FUZCO; 12-10-19 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-10-19, 09:36 AM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 128 Posts

Old 12-10-19, 10:36 AM
ndk350
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also a general question so I will post it here as well, is there any way to just search a certain forum? Most of the time I just want to search the RC threads but I have to sift through all the other model threads. Thanks
Old 12-10-19, 12:05 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 811 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by ndk350
Also a general question so I will post it here as well, is there any way to just search a certain forum? Most of the time I just want to search the RC threads but I have to sift through all the other model threads. Thanks
Yep, if you just click the little magnifying glass in the search bar while it is blank itll bring you to advance search where you can select which forum you want to search.