F-Sport Gauge Cluster Swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-20, 11:24 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 811 Likes on 410 Posts
Default F-Sport Gauge Cluster Swap

Gauge swap writeup:

The first step in replacing the gauge cluster is to find one of the same year as your car, as well as same motor designation, and lastly similar in miles(you can pay someone to reprogram yours if you cant find one close, but its pretty pricey. If you don't have any intention of selling the car, don't worry about it.)

Next step is to remove the gauge cluster trim, this is easily done. Watch this video made by @specONE on youtube:

After you do this, you should be able to maneuver the trim out of the place its in, but remember to unplug the engine start/stop switch.

After this comes out, the gauge cluster assembly has four, #2 phillips head screws, two on top, two on bottom. Then, slowly pull the gauge cluster out, remembering to unplug the three cables on the backside of the assembly.

Be careful not to scratch the lens on either the old assembly or new one, as you can sell the old one if you'd like.

Do these steps in reverse to reinstall. Super super simple install. One thing I noted, I was only able to use the two screws on the top of the new gauge cluster, the bottom ones required the cluster to be pushed in way too far, and bend some stuff, so I just didnt worry about it. Left them out, and have no issues.

Clusters are plug and play, so nothing to worry about. The one I sourced came from a 2015 IS350, but thankfully there is no model designation on the clusters.

I know, I know, texting and driving is bad, but I wanted to capture how the gauge looked in the sun.

Old gauge.[/QUOTE]
The following 2 users liked this post by Pittsy:
pngo (08-26-20), RC350s (10-29-20)
Old 03-18-20, 09:15 AM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 128 Posts

Can you not just buy the lens? Mine has a scratch from the previous owner that I don't like looking at.
Old 03-18-20, 09:20 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by jonmonkey
Can you not just buy the lens? Mine has a scratch from the previous owner that I don't like looking at.
Im not sure if you can purchase just the lens. when i had both of my clusters out it looked like it was just a few clips holding it on.

I actually switched from the base model gauges to the fsport gauges
Old 03-18-20, 09:26 AM
Amrnova
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I remembered seeing the lens before and I did! Here’s a link to a replacement lens for the gauge cluster: https://www.acurapartsclub.com/oem-p...Y2LWdhcw%3D%3D

Originally Posted by jonmonkey
Old 03-18-20, 06:54 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by Amrnova
I thought I remembered seeing the lens before and I did! Here’s a link to a replacement lens for the gauge cluster: https://www.acurapartsclub.com/oem-p...Y2LWdhcw%3D%3D
The P/N on the site are incorrect, im not sure what model that lens fits on. The lenses on the fsport cluster and the base model cluster are different.
Old 03-18-20, 07:35 PM
Amrnova
Driver School Candidate

That’s weird there’s a bunch of other sites that list the same part number for F-Sport. Even this one does as well https://parts.lexus.com/p/Lexus__/GL...385253F70.html
Do you know what the correct part number is?

Originally Posted by Pittsy
The P/N on the site are incorrect, im not sure what model that lens fits on. The lenses on the fsport cluster and the base model cluster are different.
Old 03-18-20, 08:04 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by Amrnova
That’s weird there’s a bunch of other sites that list the same part number for F-Sport. Even this one does as well https://parts.lexus.com/p/Lexus__/GL...385253F70.html
Do you know what the correct part number is?
I apoligize, I misspoke. The part number it's displaying is correct, but only for one of the models. The lenses are different part numbers between models.
Old 03-18-20, 08:15 PM
Amrnova
Driver School Candidate

I apoligize, I misspoke. The part number it's displaying is correct, but only for one of the models. The lenses are different part numbers between models.
No worries, I’m looking to purchase a new lens for mine and want to make sure I get the correct one lol.
Old 10-28-20, 03:54 PM
Phantom3IS
Driver School Candidate

Clusters are plug and play, so nothing to worry about. The one I sourced came from a 2015 IS350, but thankfully there is no model designation on the clusters.
Old gauge.
Sorry for necro-ing this thread. Your install looks great! Glad to see that it's fully functioning and not throwing up any warning/error lights. I've been eyeing this swap for a while now and finally came across a cluster. Would you happen to know if the cluster being sourced from a car with navigation versus being sourced from a car without navigation would matter? (It'd be very helpful to know if your car has navigation and whether or not the sourced cluster came from a car with navigation.)I have a 2016 IS200t base with no navigation and the cluster I'm looking at was sourced from a 2016 IS200t F-sport with navigation. After seeing few other people with IS's attempt the swap, I really want to make sure that this swap doesn't cause any problems. Seems like a few of them were being riddled with issues while others, like yourself, successfully completed the swap.
Old 03-16-21, 06:44 AM
snardo0615
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Did anyone experience the low level fuel indicator not coming on? I have about 19 miles left in my tank and it still has not come on. I switched from non f sport cluster to f sport. Same year and model as my car.

2019 Lexus RC 350
Old 03-17-21, 06:32 PM
HijACKER
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Thats curious, I did this swap about two weeks ago and my low fuel light kicks on right at about 20 miles to empty. It was from the Same year, same model (RC) with navigation.

As an Aside, I highly recommend this swap. Such an Amazing difference! I was on the fence for a while thinking that " I like have two analogs, and I dont think I will like having just one central gauge". Boy Was i wrong, I love it! And the option to change the color of the needle is just ****. That and you can program when you want the Rev warning Red glow to kick on, I set mine at 4000rpms, It really just enhances the entire driving experience. If you can source a proper unit, Do it. You will not regret it.
Old 03-17-21, 06:45 PM
snardo0615
Rookie

Originally Posted by HijACKER
Thats curious, I did this swap about two weeks ago and my low fuel light kicks on right at about 20 miles to empty. It was from the Same year, same model (RC) with navigation.

As an Aside, I highly recommend this swap. Such an Amazing difference! I was on the fence for a while thinking that " I like have two analogs, and I dont think I will like having just one central gauge". Boy Was i wrong, I love it! And the option to change the color of the needle is just ****. That and you can program when you want the Rev warning Red glow to kick on, I set mine at 4000rpms, It really just enhances the entire driving experience. If you can source a proper unit, Do it. You will not regret it.
Hey! It ended up coming on around the 16 mile mark. I think the odometer is still adjusting to my driving style versus the previous owner since the MPG and such are still balancing to my driving after resetting. But yes it did come on.

I have to agree with you. Such an amazing and easy upgrade for us to do to the car. I love it myself and am very happy I was able to find one with just a tad bit over my miles and I switched when they marched. I do need to order a replacement screen lens because the one I currently have is a bit scratched and I am very OCD.

Thanks for the response!
Old 03-17-21, 06:52 PM
HijACKER
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice Snardo. I was able to find one locally about 20 minutes from my location, which is why i decided to pull the trigger. Seller said i could swap it in his driveway ( took all of 20 minutes ), and that if it did not work, that we would not do the deal. It was hard to say no to that opportunity. It was MINT, lens and all. Meant to be i guess.
Old 03-17-21, 06:57 PM
snardo0615
Rookie

Originally Posted by HijACKER
Nice Snardo. I was able to find one locally about 20 minutes from my location, which is why i decided to pull the trigger. Seller said i could swap it in his driveway ( took all of 20 minutes ), and that if it did not work, that we would not do the deal. It was hard to say no to that opportunity. It was MINT, lens and all. Meant to be i guess.
Nice @HijACKER

I too was able to find mine locally. And the fact that it was just a few miles over mine. I had to pull the trigger lol. Once I found out it was plug and play. That’s all the motive I needed. Plus finding one that has 7500 miles is not easy. So I had to take that into consideration.
Old 01-13-22, 02:59 AM
ZitoMD
10th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mileage

For those that did the swap, how did you update the mileage on the cluster?

Quick Reply: F-Sport Gauge Cluster Swap