RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Black screen after discharged battery

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-20 | 12:37 PM
MaximeF
Driver School Candidate

Default Black screen after discharged battery

Hello, I have a problem with my Lexus RC 300H.After several days without starting, the battery was discharged, so no more engine starting.
I recharge it a few hours before restarting the engine. And now that it restarts, I no longer have a multimedia screen (black screen). After 1 week to drive my RC, the screen suddenly turns on. (All this happened 3 months ago)

But during the confinement the same problem it's reproduced. Car no start during 1 months, restart after rechard the battery and now the black screen on the multimedia screen.

I would like to know if someone of you have already encountered this problem. Lexus asks me 3000$ to replace the multimedia assembly, but it seems abnormal to me that when I drive regularly it does not happen.

Thanks you

Old 05-08-20 | 10:26 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by MaximeF
Hello, I have a problem with my Lexus RC 300H.After several days without starting, the battery was discharged, so no more engine starting.
I recharge it a few hours before restarting the engine. And now that it restarts, I no longer have a multimedia screen (black screen). After 1 week to drive my RC, the screen suddenly turns on. (All this happened 3 months ago)

But during the confinement the same problem it's reproduced. Car no start during 1 months, restart after rechard the battery and now the black screen on the multimedia screen.

I would like to know if someone of you have already encountered this problem. Lexus asks me 3000$ to replace the multimedia assembly, but it seems abnormal to me that when I drive regularly it does not happen.

Thanks you
Replace your battery with a brand new one. You can’t keep charging a discharged battery for too long.

The battery on my Evo died, for a year I kept charging it and driving it once a month. Finally some of the electronics stopped working due to the voltage not being enough to support it. I changed the battery and everything worked as normal.

If you don’t drive a lot, look into a trickle charger. I have one for mine.
Old 05-09-20 | 12:33 AM
MaximeF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tnilc
Replace your battery with a brand new one. You can’t keep charging a discharged battery for too long.

The battery on my Evo died, for a year I kept charging it and driving it once a month. Finally some of the electronics stopped working due to the voltage not being enough to support it. I changed the battery and everything worked as normal.

If you don’t drive a lot, look into a trickle charger. I have one for mine.
Thank you for your answer, so i will replace it.