RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Installed LexionKorea unit

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-21 | 04:38 AM
s3v3n
Instructor

Originally Posted by rcJten
Received my unit today and got right to the install. Unfortunately I’m having an issue. The screen and android side boots up no problem, the touchpad works albeit a bit spazzy, but my Lexus head unit will not turn on. I hear the fan turn on inside the factory head unit, but no red led on the front, no video out and no sound. Removed the large lexion harness connector pigtail at the back of the head unit, and the head unit functions normal. Reinstalled the lexion harness and back to the original problem
Faulty harness and it will be very difficult-to-impossible fixing that. It could be a loose wire connection, cold solder, wrong config on the harness that was sent to you. Lexion should be testing these units first prior to shipping.
Old 02-11-21 | 02:17 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

The issue turned out to be my fault. Seeing that there was an extra unused male and female connector, for the IS ****, I connected them together so there were no exposed pins behind the dash. Once I disconnected the connectors the factory head unit came to life!

Current issues remaining:

1) Not sure which screw on connector is for the GPS, and which two are wifi. I don't get GPS in my garage, so I have no way to test for now.

2) My mouse is very glitchy if I move any speed but super slow across the touch pad. In advanced settings there's an "Input" option which was set to "**** and Mouse." If I change the setting to "Touchpad" then the touchpad doesn't work at all.

When installing do not loop these extra connectors together!

The following users liked this post:
mistermatt (02-11-21)
Old 02-11-21 | 03:04 PM
snardo0615
Rookie

The issue turned out to be my fault. Seeing that there was an extra unused male and female connector, for the IS ****, I connected them together so there were no exposed pins behind the dash. Once I disconnected the connectors the factory head unit came to life!

Current issues remaining:

1) Not sure which screw on connector is for the GPS, and which two are wifi. I don't get GPS in my garage, so I have no way to test for now.

2) My mouse is very glitchy if I move any speed but super slow across the touch pad. In advanced settings there's an "Input" option which was set to "**** and Mouse." If I change the setting to "Touchpad" then the touchpad doesn't work at all.

When installing do not loop these extra connectors together!

The connectors that you are showing actually go to where your touchpad/**** is at and replace the OEM connection. You then place the OEM connector into the female part of the harness. Do you have touchpad or ****?
As for connector, I had the same issue, but here is the correct diagram, hope this helps.

Old 02-11-21 | 04:04 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by snardo0615
The connectors that you are showing actually go to where your touchpad/**** is at and replace the OEM connection. You then place the OEM connector into the female part of the harness. Do you have touchpad or ****?
As for connector, I had the same issue, but here is the correct diagram, hope this helps.
Thank you for the diagram. I figured out that the wifi and GPS connectors are slightly different, with one having a middle pin. As for the connector, my harness came with two possible connectors for the control. I looped together the unused **** portion which caused the issue.

How is your touch pad working with the unit? Does it jump around if you move fast across the remote touch?
Old 02-12-21 | 06:52 AM
snardo0615
Rookie

Thank you for the diagram. I figured out that the wifi and GPS connectors are slightly different, with one having a middle pin. As for the connector, my harness came with two possible connectors for the control. I looped together the unused **** portion which caused the issue.

How is your touch pad working with the unit? Does it jump around if you move fast across the remote touch?
Touchpad is actually working flawlessly. I am in the process of making a review video. But I have not had any issues.
Old 02-12-21 | 09:31 AM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Touchpad is actually working flawlessly. I am in the process of making a review video. But I have not had any issues.
Next time you're in your car, will you please check which is selected under: Advanced Settings / Control
Old 02-16-21 | 08:33 AM
snardo0615
Rookie

Next time you're in your car, will you please check which is selected under: Advanced Settings / Control

I have mine set to Origin Touchpad. But I also had it on Touchpad and it worked with no issues. Have you tried to get in contact with Jool. He is very responsive when it comes to questions.

Sorry guys I have not done the review yet on the screen for those that are interested in buying. My wife gave birth 2 weeks ago and its been challenging handling everything. I did manage to take some pictures. Ill go more in depth in my review, but IMO this infotainment system is in a league of its own. Its very well implemented and was carefully though off when produced. I honestly have not had any issues. With other vendors products, right off the back there was something that I did not like. Wireless Carplay works great and no issues. I downloaded Sygic.apk for offline maps and it works well. Audio quality was not altered with this setup. And people can here my clearly when speaking on the phone over carplay and BT calls. One of the biggest concerns on these threads with these aftermarket infotainment systems was the overheating of the screen. This does not happen with this screen, it stays cool to the touch, even after driving for 2 + hours.

Any questions let me know. Ill try to post video sometime this weekend.

Bootup

Android Main Screen

Android Main Screen

Outer view of screen

Wireless Carplay

Wireless Carplay

Driving around with Waze

Wireless Carplay

Wireless Carplay

Using OEM screen

OEM screen without side panel

Downloading Sygic Offline Navigation

Offline Map Sygic

Driving with offline map Sygic.

Sensors

Sensors

Sensors

Sensors

Sensors

Sensors
blackbond (12-13-22)
Old 02-16-21 | 09:09 AM
vadimfrey
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, here is my review of Lexion unit on my 2015 RC350 (US version, made in Japan)
I really like the system, everything works as expected. Boot time is 20 sec, and backup camera works almost instantly (no need to wait 20 sec), probably 3-5 sec delay before the feed is shown
I use Android Auto on a wired connection (no wireless available yet).

Some highlights:

- Sounds quality is unchanged from OEM
- all OEM functionality is working: steering wheel controls, touchpad is responsive, park assist sensors work and shown on Lexion display, backup camera working (after harness swap), door open indicator is shown, volume indicator is shown
- No issues with calling using OEM microphone
- Can park and watch YouTube or Amazon Prime! (no Netflix available for some reason)
- installation is overall easy but takes time (about 4 hours) if you want to route all cables neatly. I followed youtube videos from BeatSonic on how to access behind radio and glovebox
- headunit's built-in microphone, GPS and WiFi all work
- screen quality is good, and it appears to be non-reflective
- no overheating issues (have been driving for 1 month), 2 longer trips over 1.5 hours
- factory menu is accessible and can be set to non-stretched view
- Apple Carplay works both wired and wirelessly
- Installed main unit behind glovebox, taped to SmartKey Unit on upper right
- Supports Airmouse (
Amazon Amazon
), in case I need to scroll through a lot screens or type (to keep screen clean and easier access). Sometimes I use it instead of touchpad to select things
- Fast shipping
- Solid support from Eric (LexionKorea)

Issues:
- AC Controls are not compatible yet for US models (fix is in the works), you can still control AC through factory buttons but you don't see inputs on Lexion screen. This unit does not support Fahrenheit units yet. This is very minor and doesn't bother me much
- Initial harness that I received didn't support backup camera, so I Eric sent me different harness compatible with my car version. Had to drive 2 weeks without backup camera (a bit annoying). After receiving new harness everything works
- Currently there is a bug with Android Auto and Google Assistant is not working (not Lexion issue)
The following 6 users liked this post by vadimfrey:
and3re (03-16-21), Arfboy (02-23-21), harrychan (09-16-21), Jay hall (03-07-21), ReynChan (09-26-21), ThaPhenom (02-18-21) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-16-21 | 10:19 AM
snardo0615
Rookie

Thank you for your input! Glad to see another person happy with their purchase.

For AC controls. I actually noticed that when changing the controls it would not display on the screen (really does not bother me) I also dont personally care about changing AC climate using the screen. Where do you see climate control settings (Fahrenheit)

I received 2 harnesses when i got my unit. I guess it was to prevent what happen to you.

Overall great unit and i believe it beats Navihua and 4x4 by miles.
ReynChan (09-26-21)
Old 02-16-21 | 10:40 AM
vadimfrey
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for your input! Glad to see another person happy with their purchase.

For AC controls. I actually noticed that when changing the controls it would not display on the screen (really does not bother me) I also dont personally care about changing AC climate using the screen. Where do you see climate control settings (Fahrenheit)

I received 2 harnesses when i got my unit. I guess it was to prevent what happen to you.

Overall great unit and i believe it beats Navihua and 4x4 by miles.
Yes, Eric mentioned he is now sending 2 harnesses to avoid what happened to me. So you are lucky since you installed it only once.

As for temp units, you cannot change those in Lexus OEM settings (factory locked to F) and in Lexion menus (not an option). As a proof the issue is due to units incompatibility with current firmware, you can set your temp to LO or HI using temp slider (or arrows) and while keeping on that setting, start changing AC controls and you will see response on screen. Once you move temp from LO or HI to a F value (e.g. 62F), you will see on screen menu lock up and then disappear. You can only invoke with with value temp values selected (in case of US models its only LO or HI, but non-numeric F values)
Old 02-17-21 | 08:01 AM
snardo0615
Rookie

I see, thank you for the feedback. The only thing I do notice is when using the Wireless Carplay and Siri speaks, it sounds very high pitched. It does not sound smooth like it should. Not a big issue, but not sure if anyone else has experienced the same problem.

Old 02-18-21 | 06:54 AM
snardo0615
Rookie

So this morning I noticed that there are 2 dust bits under the screen panel -__- Not really a big issue, just that I am really OCD. I am wondering If there is a way to remove the panel so that I can clean the dust off.

Old 02-18-21 | 07:00 AM
Freeway243
Driver School Candidate

So this morning I noticed that there are 2 dust bits under the screen panel -__- Not really a big issue, just that I am really OCD. I am wondering If there is a way to remove the panel so that I can clean the dust off.

Don't think the juice is worth the squeeze on that one.
blackbond (12-13-22)
Old 02-18-21 | 07:10 AM
s3v3n
Instructor

Fair warning: Opening it will or may cause more dust particles to enter.

Last edited by s3v3n; 02-18-21 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-18-21 | 07:14 AM
snardo0615
Rookie

Love that saying. Yeah - I definitely do not think ill be trying to squeeze any juice out of that one. Like I said, it really isnt a big deal. Just caught my attention when the sun was shinning on to the screen.

As for the audio quality, i actually downloaded Youtube Music and Apple Music and they sound a lot better. I have read reports that audio quality with Spotify and Carplay sucks?

Quick Reply: Installed LexionKorea unit