RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Best brake pads for track days?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-21, 12:57 PM
Christenth
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best brake pads for track days?

Hi all!

Im new to the forum, but have been struggling to find parts for the RC 350 F sport RWD. I have taken my car to 3 other small, one hour track days on stock pads and rotors, but will be attending a 4 hour day next month. I have been trying to find good, track use brake pads for the RC but with little luck. I have a set of new Akebono cermanic pads, however, I now understand that those are not the best for track day use. I can't seem to find any EBC yellowstuff pads that would fit either.

Does anyone have any other knowledge on this or experience who can point me in the right direction? Thank you!
Old 02-22-21, 04:44 PM
Fithamoto
Pit Crew

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Hey Christenth,

Where in TX are you? and what kind of events are you doing? AutoX, Time Trials, Track Time, etc...?
Have you changed your Brake fluid to Dot 4 ? Drilled or slotted rotors help a lot for also as you may know.
I want to experiment with driving the RC on the track. But need an extra set of rims & tires.

I live in Dallas...North DFW.

If your close to me, maybe we can hook up.
Old 02-23-21, 01:01 PM
Christenth
Driver School Candidate

In Austin! I go to a lot of events hosted by EdgeAddicts. Been out on COTA for 2 novice and 1 intermediate runs and coming up to Cresson Ranch in March for another track day. Mostly HPDE events and track days, no time trials or anything yet, and then some Autocross on weekends in Austin.
Currently I just run stock wheels with good tires. No real body modifications yet like your beauty, but I want to save up to do some body work later.
Old 02-23-21, 03:21 PM
Fithamoto
Pit Crew

Default Cresson MSR

Sounds like fun...I would definitely look into a set of Track wheels that you can swap out before events....It will be night and day difference for speed and handling.
I have driven Cresson over the years and really like that course....they have like 3 different courses and 6 if you count clockways & counter clockways.
I used to run a 350Z there with the Porsche Club (pic attached below), and do AutoX with a bunch of clubs at TMS and all around the Dallas area. I would of loved to have driven COTA, but I sold my Z. Trying to get back into the racing scene.
PS. you never said where you have swapped you brake fluid out to DOT4?

Last edited by Fithamoto; 02-23-21 at 03:35 PM. Reason: to add image
Old 02-24-21, 09:42 AM
Christenth
Driver School Candidate

As I get more into it im definitely going to start upgrading components as I get more serious, such as a new set of lightweight wheels and possible a big brake kit from RR racing in the future. That Z looks gorgeous! Im glad to know Cresson has good experiences and you've been out there multiple times.
I plan on changing out the front brake pads to some EBC yellowstuff before the event and yes, changing out the brake fluid to a higher temp one. I havent done a lot of hands on with cars so Im not familiar with the different grades of brake fluid, learning it all now but I'll look into Dot4!
Old 02-26-21, 09:36 AM
Fithamoto
Pit Crew

I used the EBC Yellow brake pads on my Z. They worked great! You should be happy with them.
You gonna put them on all 4 wheels?