RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

A/C Servo Motor (Lexus Letter)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-21, 01:51 PM
MKenM
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts
Default A/C Servo Motor (Lexus Letter)

In todays mail I received a letter from Lexus describing a potential A/C servo motor issue that might cause inconsistent temperatures in the vehicle. It is not a recall but, it says that if I have any problems related to the issue Lexus will repair or replace the servo motor(s) at no charge.

I understand the intent of the letter. Did you receive the letter? How is one to know if the temperature in the vehicle is the correct temperature (air temp in the vehicle vs. what the temp that it says it is set for). Here is the question if the car feels cool enough to the individual how does that person know that it is for example 72 degrees or any other set temp. Not going to carry a digital thermometer with me.

Curious to see what others have to say.
Old 02-23-21, 02:02 PM
grandspt
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I received the letter yesterday, I have never noticed any HVAC issues with my RC300.
I am not too worried about it since Lexus seems to be standing behind the problem.
What I would worry about is the mechanic working under my dash or even worst pulling the dash apart and then trying to reassemble it correctly.
Old 02-23-21, 05:23 PM
Arfboy
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I had a bad AC servo in my 2015 RC350 replaced under warranty years ago. It was very obvious that there was a problem - some vents were blowing hot air even when I had the temperature at the lowest setting. It was particularly noticeable because I lived in the desert at the time and experienced daily outside temperatures over 110 degrees. I'm curious to see what the letter states...
Old 02-23-21, 09:59 PM
baoweezzy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My rc had this problem 2 weeks ago, i thought this was going to burn a hole in my wallet but turned out to be free. Apparently has been an issue in various lexus models recently
Old 02-23-21, 10:42 PM
Jay hall
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey all , Jay here.
Here in Dubai, U.A.E. The A/C servo motor and blower motor is a constant issue in all Lexus models and i believe it is due to the hot weather here (well this is the justification i'm giving to myself before i spend all the money). But till date of the 3 Lexus vehicles I've owned they never replaced it free of charge. I first faced this issue with my '07 Lexus IS300. Then to my current LX570 and in my RC350.

I changed the blower motor for the RC in 2018 and it cost me $540 (approx) for parts and labor. Now my servo motor for the RC is gone so i can't change the different air modes and also i get hot air blown into the cabin from outside on the passenger side. I'm due for my 110K (kms) service and will be changing the servos and i believe it will cost me about $870. (parts + labor)

**Mind you the prices are lower in my view compared to the Dealers here in UAE since i go to a authorized garage for Lexus vehicles.
** if i were to go to the dealers here I'm sure the price for servo part + labor will cost me $1800-$2000.
The following users liked this post:
basim787 (12-28-23)
Old 02-25-21, 08:48 AM
MKenM
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay hall
Hey all , Jay here.
Here in Dubai, U.A.E. The A/C servo motor and blower motor is a constant issue in all Lexus models and i believe it is due to the hot weather here (well this is the justification i'm giving to myself before i spend all the money). But till date of the 3 Lexus vehicles I've owned they never replaced it free of charge. I first faced this issue with my '07 Lexus IS300. Then to my current LX570 and in my RC350.

I changed the blower motor for the RC in 2018 and it cost me $540 (approx) for parts and labor. Now my servo motor for the RC is gone so i can't change the different air modes and also i get hot air blown into the cabin from outside on the passenger side. I'm due for my 110K (kms) service and will be changing the servos and i believe it will cost me about $870. (parts + labor)

**Mind you the prices are lower in my view compared to the Dealers here in UAE since i go to a authorized garage for Lexus vehicles.
** if i were to go to the dealers here I'm sure the price for servo part + labor will cost me $1800-$2000.
Did you buy your RC new from a Lexus dealer. If so, wonder if they kept track of your mailing address. Can't see why they would not warranty it if you were the original owner.
Old 02-26-21, 11:45 PM
Jay hall
Pit Crew

Yep i bought my RC new on May,2015 directly from the dealer. i stopped going to the dealers on mid of 2018 as they would always hike up the prices whenever the vehicle was due for service (every 10K km) saying something or the other was wrong and have to be replaced. I've always noted that i would be charged a min of $700 - $1000 for every service visits. Ergo i called them Stealers. I have confronted them many times when they would say the brakes or rotors needs to be replaced ,i'd go check in my friend's place and he would say i can easily run another 6000 -8000kms but not according to Lexus service center (this is how the dealers mint money).
i don't wanna keep ranting... anywho at least Lexus finally did admit that their A/C blower and servo motors do have an issue.

**2018 i stopped going to the dealers since they said they won't cover my A/C servo motors on warranty.
Old 02-27-21, 12:02 PM
baggedRC
Driver

Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

I got the same letter, I haven’t noticed a change in temperature. I wish they would fix the known issues with the air cooled seats, because when you use them your back gets hot. That should be a recall too.
Old 02-28-21, 04:17 AM
Jay hall
Pit Crew

Can someone please share the letter ... maybe i can show to the Dealers here and ask them to replace mine.. Thanks in advance..
Old 02-28-21, 05:25 PM
ldoan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MKenM
In todays mail I received a letter from Lexus describing a potential A/C servo motor issue that might cause inconsistent temperatures in the vehicle. It is not a recall but, it says that if I have any problems related to the issue Lexus will repair or replace the servo motor(s) at no charge.

I understand the intent of the letter. Did you receive the letter? How is one to know if the temperature in the vehicle is the correct temperature (air temp in the vehicle vs. what the temp that it says it is set for). Here is the question if the car feels cool enough to the individual how does that person know that it is for example 72 degrees or any other set temp. Not going to carry a digital thermometer with me.

Curious to see what others have to say.
​​​​​would you post the Lexus letter about servo motor no charge? I have Rc 350 2015 had a/c issued (blow hot air on passenger side) last year. The dealer just initialize servo mortor only and fixed problem. I'm not sure initialize can completely fix the issued or not. On the letter has your car Vin # or just general letter. I don't know why I don't receive that letter when my car has a/c issued.
Old 07-27-21, 12:23 PM
Wagonpitt
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had this issue basically since i got my 2013 gs350 in 2018. I payed approx 1700 to have it repaired and had to bring it back for same repair 3 times under warranty. Each time they just replaced the servo motor. I found it hard to believe they have a warehouse of bad servo motors so i stopped bringing it in.
I just heard about the recall through a friend and called the dealer about it. They said to bring my car in and they will do the repair and reimburse me about 550 of what i payed.

Im hoping they found the real issue. Im happy that they are still fixing it and reimbursing me. I would like 100% of my $ back but im going to try to get atleast 50% back.

Old 07-11-22, 05:05 AM
Aymansalem
4th Gear

Default IS250 AC servo motor

Originally Posted by Jay hall
Hey all , Jay here.

Hi Jay,

please help this is the 3rd servo motor I change at Alfuttaim Lexus and still coming back as faulty. Which garage would you recommend in Dubai as they are really charging a lot .

thanks,

Ayman
The following users liked this post:
Jose00007 (04-08-23)
Old 07-13-22, 04:58 AM
Jay hall
Pit Crew

Hey Bro..

DM me .. ill try to help you out.

Cheers
Old 07-13-22, 06:16 AM
Aymansalem
4th Gear

Default Do you have any social media accounts

hello Jay,

I can’t DM on the forum any social media account I can DM you at ?
thanks
Old 11-26-22, 03:25 AM
donaldlexi
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Ayman, did you get the name of the shop in DXB?
I need to check mine and probably get fix driver side blowing hot air.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: A/C Servo Motor (Lexus Letter)