RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Center Arm Rest Tray

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-21, 11:03 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Center Arm Rest Tray

I bought this over a year ago and forgot to share! It's so simple but a huge space saver.

It's really convenient, highly recommend!

Amazon Amazon

Old 03-08-21, 07:59 AM
tfischer

Received 223 Likes on 164 Posts

I have had that product in my SC for several years, and it is indeed very convenient. But I note that it's not much of a "space saver," as it's very difficult to lift the tray out in order to get at things that are stored in the space beneath it. However, with those things you need right on top, it's much easier and quicker to retrieve them from the tray than it is to hunt around in the deep well underneath it, which pretty much becomes a secret and seldom accessed compartment.
Old 03-08-21, 08:16 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 776 Likes on 482 Posts

I got this tray as well. I like it, fits perfect. Only thing I wish is that the Lexus RC said RCF..lol But oh well.

I did file out the peg hook hanging cut out so it's a rectangle and doesn't look like it should be hanging on a shelf.

I find it's super easy to remove it though, just grab the ridge and pull up. My biggest complaint is how stupid our center console lids don't open 90 degrees... it's more of angle which is so stupid to me.

I'm actually somewhat surprised Lexus didn't make something like this already for the vehicle, rather than just giving us a huge empty hole. I bought mine on amazon for about $14.. and was expecting it to be junk. When I got it, I was pleasantly surprised at how functional/nice it was.

I'll upload pics when I get home from work later.

-Nigel

Last edited by nigel821; 03-08-21 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-08-21, 09:36 AM
tfischer

Received 223 Likes on 164 Posts

It is very nicely done, and I think I enlarged the keyhole opening for charging cables also. If I had stuff below that I wanted to access frequently, I would probably just drill a finger hole or two in a convenient place to make it easier to lift out.
Old 03-09-21, 08:02 AM
snardo0615
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
I got this tray as well. I like it, fits perfect. Only thing I wish is that the Lexus RC said RCF..lol But oh well.

I did file out the peg hook hanging cut out so it's a rectangle and doesn't look like it should be hanging on a shelf.

I find it's super easy to remove it though, just grab the ridge and pull up. My biggest complaint is how stupid our center console lids don't open 90 degrees... it's more of angle which is so stupid to me.

I'm actually somewhat surprised Lexus didn't make something like this already for the vehicle, rather than just giving us a huge empty hole. I bought mine on amazon for about $14.. and was expecting it to be junk. When I got it, I was pleasantly surprised at how functional/nice it was.

I'll upload pics when I get home from work later.

-Nigel

I envy you for having those metallic Lexus coasters. I;ve been trying to get my hands on those...cheap ofcoarse. Not at LexusBoutique pricing -____-

I bought the same attachment months ago and love it. Its the same as Nigel with the Lexus RC. I would agree that they should have made the door open to the side rather then up. It is pretty uncomfortable at times.
Old 03-09-21, 12:33 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 776 Likes on 482 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by snardo0615
I envy you for having those metallic Lexus coasters. I;ve been trying to get my hands on those...cheap ofcoarse. Not at LexusBoutique pricing -____-

I bought the same attachment months ago and love it. Its the same as Nigel with the Lexus RC. I would agree that they should have made the door open to the side rather then up. It is pretty uncomfortable at times.

Don't be.. honestly, They aren't worth it. I think I paid $125 for them and they don't even really fit in the cupholders right, They are a good 3-5mm too small in diameter. It's annoying AF to me. I thought they'd fit nice and tight, but they clearly are for something else and everyone is passing them off for every model under the sun.

I'm probably going to 3d print a small diameter disc so that these sit in it and are centered within the cup holders. Had I known what I know now about them I would have never purchased them. If they were cheaper I would have thrown them out to be honest.... I just can't see throwing out something that I paid over $100 for..lol

I attached a better picture of the coasters for ya.

-Nigel

Last edited by nigel821; 03-11-21 at 07:06 AM.