RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Wheel & Sub Q's about 2019 RC 350 F-Sport AWD

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-22, 09:51 AM
KCNXF
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wheel & Sub Q's about 2019 RC 350 F-Sport AWD

Hey guys, so I just sold my 2016 NX200t and I am in the process of purchasing a 2019 RC 350 F-Sport AWD. Although I absolutely loved my NX, and was initially planning to buy one of the new 2022 NX's, I decided to go a different route to the RC. I'm super excited about it and I am sure I will have some more questions once I have the RC. For now though, there are a couple of things I would like to figure out if you guys could help I definitely appreciate it.

So first up, I have a set of aftermarket wheels off of my NX that I would LOVE to use somehow someway if possible!

The specs on the wheels are:
20x9, 5x114.3, +30 offset

I know the tires will have to be swapped out of course, and I am guessing I would need spacers or something in the rear for the RC? But will these fit and work? My understanding is the AWD RC's use a straight setup instead of staggered, so again I'm guessing spacers in the rear? if so what size? I've never used spacers before, if that's the case what else would I need to use the spacers?

Second, I have a powered 12" sub I had in the NX that I would like to install in the trunk of the RC. The RC I am buying has the Mark Levinson sound system in it. I would like to install a Line output converter somewhere to give me the RCA's I need to hook up the sub. Where can I tie in for the signal wire, and what colors should I be looking for?

Those are the two burning questions I got at the moment.

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

Old 05-29-22, 07:02 PM
acnup00tl
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry to say bro the RC forum is dead !!!! I equate the RC forum to that of a Fast Food employee, no enthusiasm or personality.. Pretty pathetic !!! Good luck with the RC!! I have a NX and RC, both fantastic cars.
Old 05-30-22, 07:38 PM
SethP
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The question about the sub has been answered in previous posts. I recommend using the search feature.

No idea about using your custom wheels on this vehicle. Some have used spacers throughout the vehicle for better appearance. I can't recall the thread but someone was discussing it on here about this car.
Old 06-02-22, 01:17 AM
Jay hall
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by KCNXF
Hey guys, so I just sold my 2016 NX200t and I am in the process of purchasing a 2019 RC 350 F-Sport AWD. Although I absolutely loved my NX, and was initially planning to buy one of the new 2022 NX's, I decided to go a different route to the RC. I'm super excited about it and I am sure I will have some more questions once I have the RC. For now though, there are a couple of things I would like to figure out if you guys could help I definitely appreciate it.

So first up, I have a set of aftermarket wheels off of my NX that I would LOVE to use somehow someway if possible!

The specs on the wheels are:
20x9, 5x114.3, +30 offset

I know the tires will have to be swapped out of course, and I am guessing I would need spacers or something in the rear for the RC? But will these fit and work? My understanding is the AWD RC's use a straight setup instead of staggered, so again I'm guessing spacers in the rear? if so what size? I've never used spacers before, if that's the case what else would I need to use the spacers?

Second, I have a powered 12" sub I had in the NX that I would like to install in the trunk of the RC. The RC I am buying has the Mark Levinson sound system in it. I would like to install a Line output converter somewhere to give me the RCA's I need to hook up the sub. Where can I tie in for the signal wire, and what colors should I be looking for?

Those are the two burning questions I got at the moment.

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

1) For the 20 inch rims; Since you have an AWD in Fsport package the stock size will be 235/40/R19 For the 20s the tire size should be 245/35/20 ( add 15mm spacer in the front and 20mm in the rear for a flush look) Do check for rubbing issue though.
2) For the Subwoofer; I aint an audiophile so i don't have much technical knowledge to help you. (the ML system is enough for my ears)

The following users liked this post:
KCNXF (06-02-22)
Old 06-02-22, 09:59 AM
KCNXF
10th Gear

Originally Posted by acnup00tl
Sorry to say bro the RC forum is dead !!!! I equate the RC forum to that of a Fast Food employee, no enthusiasm or personality.. Pretty pathetic !!! Good luck with the RC!! I have a NX and RC, both fantastic cars.
Yea, that's too bad! I realize I'm a bit late to the RC party though.

Originally Posted by SethP
The question about the sub has been answered in previous posts. I recommend using the search feature.

No idea about using your custom wheels on this vehicle. Some have used spacers throughout the vehicle for better appearance. I can't recall the thread but someone was discussing it on here about this car.
Thanks for the heads up on the wiring. I did find the post you referred to, it was on an older model though so hopefully everything has remained the same. I'm hoping to dig into it over the weekend so I'll know soon enough.

Originally Posted by Jay hall
1) For the 20 inch rims; Since you have an AWD in Fsport package the stock size will be 235/40/R19 For the 20s the tire size should be 245/35/20 ( add 15mm spacer in the front and 20mm in the rear for a flush look) Do check for rubbing issue though.
2) For the Subwoofer; I aint an audiophile so i don't have much technical knowledge to help you. (the ML system is enough for my ears)
Thanks for the info! I had narrowed down the tire sizes to two options: 245/35/20 and 255/35/20 but not sure which to go with. I was kind of leaning to the 255 as it's just a bit wider and only a smidge taller. In all the pics i could find online of the 245 on a 20x9 it seemed like the wheel lip poked out past the sidewall a bit (stretched looking), compared to the 255 which had the wheel lip more sunken in to the sidewall for better looks and protection. Plus being about an 3/4" wider I was thinking I could go that route and not have to use spacers. I realize it won't be completely flush that way but I don't really care to much about that aspect honestly, unless there is a need to? Sure it looks better but after reading up on spacers I don't know that I feel comfortable running them..?

Will the +30 offset work ok in this configuration? Again if I was replacing the wheels, I would order some that are more appropriate for this car, but from looking at tire comparison and offset calculators online I feel like I should be able to get pretty close to be able to use what I already have after new tires..

Thank you for the help!

Last edited by KCNXF; 06-02-22 at 10:02 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Jay hall (06-04-22)
Old 06-03-22, 07:44 PM
Jason712
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KCNXF
Yea, that's too bad! I realize I'm a bit late to the RC party though.

Thanks for the heads up on the wiring. I did find the post you referred to, it was on an older model though so hopefully everything has remained the same. I'm hoping to dig into it over the weekend so I'll know soon enough.

Thanks for the info! I had narrowed down the tire sizes to two options: 245/35/20 and 255/35/20 but not sure which to go with. I was kind of leaning to the 255 as it's just a bit wider and only a smidge taller. In all the pics i could find online of the 245 on a 20x9 it seemed like the wheel lip poked out past the sidewall a bit (stretched looking), compared to the 255 which had the wheel lip more sunken in to the sidewall for better looks and protection. Plus being about an 3/4" wider I was thinking I could go that route and not have to use spacers. I realize it won't be completely flush that way but I don't really care to much about that aspect honestly, unless there is a need to? Sure it looks better but after reading up on spacers I don't know that I feel comfortable running them..?

Will the +30 offset work ok in this configuration? Again if I was replacing the wheels, I would order some that are more appropriate for this car, but from looking at tire comparison and offset calculators online I feel like I should be able to get pretty close to be able to use what I already have after new tires..

Thank you for the help!
Just to pop in, I'm running 20x9 with a 32mm offset. You'll probably be fine with 30 mm of offset. I have a 245/35/20 square setup on my rwd, my front wheels rub the inner fender liner when I turn 3/4 to full lock. I've also bottomed out the car when driving on hilly roads (stock suspension). You won't need spacers, my wheels stick out far enough to have a nice look to it. Pictures on IG @atomic.rc if that helps!
Old 06-06-22, 10:01 AM
KCNXF
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Jason712
Just to pop in, I'm running 20x9 with a 32mm offset. You'll probably be fine with 30 mm of offset. I have a 245/35/20 square setup on my rwd, my front wheels rub the inner fender liner when I turn 3/4 to full lock. I've also bottomed out the car when driving on hilly roads (stock suspension). You won't need spacers, my wheels stick out far enough to have a nice look to it. Pictures on IG @atomic.rc if that helps!
Hey there fellow MO'n!
Thanks for the reply, I checked the pics and yours looks really good! Little bummed about the rubbing issue, but that's not a huge deal really. Looks like all I need to do is figure out what tires I want to run and I'll be in business on that front.

For anyone else who may find this in a search, I was able to get my sub installed over the weekend. I was able to use the info from this post: ML amp/sub install (**NOTE** wire color is different for the RC). I used the stock sub signal wires on Pins #6 and #21 on the T40 connector for the factory amp. I cut the wires and spliced in leads when I reconnected them, this let me keep the stock sub active also. Then I used the thin white wire (#8) off the T49 connector for my remote turn on signal. I had originally purchased an LC2i LOC to use as I was worried about the bass roll-off effect of the ML sound system, but ended up not going that route. My Pioneer powered sub allows for line level inputs so I used those instead. I did a test run before making my decision on the LC2i and I was not able to discern any bass roll-off, so I skipped the LC2i. It sounds great, I'm really happy with how it turned out! Hope this may help someone in the future.