RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Easy exit drivers seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-23, 11:20 AM
Rcssr
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Easy exit drivers seat

My 2019 RC300 is supposed to make the seat retract at ‘engine stop’ jus at the steering does (retracts) My steering wheel retracts just fine but the seat does not budge. The seat works just fine otherwise and does everything else including memory position when I press the memory button. I have cycled the settings to/from ‘full, partial and off’ with no change. My Lexus dealer said the seat had to be ‘reprogrammed’ and did that but no change. I have tried moving it all the way up and all the way back manually with no affect. Now the dealer says “nothing more I can do”. I am at my Wits end and wondering if I disconnect the battery will it reset? I am afraid of the downside to doing that. Additionally I set up the phone App to my car and now I can start it remotely with my phone, but now the key fob remote start doesn’t work. Why can’t I have both of them start the car and not just he phone app.
Old 01-16-23, 01:15 PM
TheNewb
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the seat supposed to do?
Did you find a loaner or another car to test that has this function?
Old 01-16-23, 01:46 PM
Rcssr
6th Gear

Originally Posted by TheNewb
What is the seat supposed to do?
Did you find a loaner or another car to test that has this function?
The seat is supposed to retract all the way back to make it easier to get out once you press the engine stop button. All my friends with late model Lexus cars and SUVs enjoy this feature. The video that Lexus put out for my car clearly shows that to happen. My car does not?????
Old 01-16-23, 01:47 PM
TheNewb
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rcssr
The seat is supposed to retract all the way back to make it easier to get out once you press the engine stop button. All my friends with late model Lexus cars and SUVs enjoy this feature. The video that Lexus put out for my car clearly shows that to happen. My car does not?????
oh, I don’t think mine does that. 2018 RC350 f-sport
Old 01-16-23, 01:48 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 849 Likes on 642 Posts

The seat memory position and the retracted Easy Entry position are related.
If your memorized driving position has the seat in the front 1/2 of the seat travel
then the seat retracts to about 1/2 back when you turn off the car. If you normally
sit further back when driving the seat will retract all the way back. This handy for
the petite driver that can not reach the brake pedal (or steering wheel!) if the seat
is clear back against the back seat.
OP, reset your memory seat position 2 - 3 inches further forward or backward and
shut off the car. If your former memorized position was right at the 1/2 point then it
would not have moved and now will either "advance to the rear" or just move the
couple inches to the middle Easy Entry spot.
Old 01-16-23, 01:54 PM
Rcssr
6th Gear

Originally Posted by TheNewb
oh, I don’t think mine does that. 2018 RC350 f-sport
Open you settings, then vehicle, then other (I think that is what it is called) and you will see “easy exit” with three options. “Full, Partial, Off”. No doubt yours is set to OFF.
Old 01-19-23, 01:02 PM
TheNewb
Rookie

Open you settings, then vehicle, then other (I think that is what it is called) and you will see “easy exit” with three options. “Full, Partial, Off”. No doubt yours is set to OFF.
it’s set to full.
Old 01-19-23, 01:54 PM
Rcssr
6th Gear

I just learned that the RC coupes have limited easy exit seats. Because the tiny legroom for a passenger sitting behind, the seat will not retract all the way back at engine shut off as it would crush the legs of a rear passenger. The seat will only retract to the ‘half’ back positions automatically and you can test that. If you put your seat closer to the dash than half way an then press the engine stop button, the seat will retract to that half way point but not all the way back. It is a safety issue for rear passengers and it is unique to coupes. At least you will know that function works
Old 04-21-24, 03:48 PM
NewJerseyGuy
1st Gear

Default Setting default (exit) seat and steering positions

My 2019 RC300 is supposed to make the seat retract at ‘engine stop’ jus at the steering does (retracts) My steering wheel retracts just fine but the seat does not budge. The seat works just fine otherwise and does everything else including memory position when I press the memory button. I have cycled the settings to/from ‘full, partial and off’ with no change. My Lexus dealer said the seat had to be ‘reprogrammed’ and did that but no change. I have tried moving it all the way up and all the way back manually with no affect. Now the dealer says “nothing more I can do”. I am at my Wits end and wondering if I disconnect the battery will it reset? I am afraid of the downside to doing that. Additionally I set up the phone App to my car and now I can start it remotely with my phone, but now the key fob remote start doesn’t work. Why can’t I have both of them start the car and not just he phone app.
I struggled with this too but the fix is easy. With ignition on, set steering and seat all the way retracted/high/back or wherever you want it to be. Hold down set and door lock (or unlock) till you hear two beeps.
​​​​​​
That's it. You can set and adjust the presets as you would normally do but now your exit position is set. Of course, you'll need to have boarding/exit in the menu set to full too. Keep in mind that if your seat position is more than halfway forward the exit position is midway instead of all the way back. To marry the desired settings to the other key, swap keys, making sure that only one of them is in/near the car at any time.
The following users liked this post:
ginab (05-22-24)
Old 05-22-24, 09:48 AM
ginab
4th Gear

Red face

Originally Posted by NewJerseyGuy
I struggled with this too but the fix is easy. With ignition on, set steering and seat all the way retracted/high/back or wherever you want it to be. Hold down set and door lock (or unlock) till you hear two beeps.
​​​​​​.
I just wanted to say this helped me today - saved me a trip back to the dealership. Seat wasn't moving even through I had the "slide" option on FULL after they reset my transmission memory to stop a hard downshift. After I reset the "exit" position, it worked again. Thank you very much for posting
Old 06-05-24, 10:00 AM
DAVEB1980
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 75 Posts

I have a 2023 RC Fsport and was told by dealer the car does not have that function but I do have the easy exit setting in menu?? I have mine set to full and nothing happens when I turn the car off.
Old 06-07-24, 08:05 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

I just program #3 as the full seat retract.