RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Storage

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-23, 08:32 AM
SailorTPD
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Storage

Yah, it is a coupe and sporty. But there are very few convenient places for my junk....sunglasses (carbon roof so no sunglass spot above), phone for me and wife. Hat sometimes.. I'm wondering if anyone has found a clever way to make some handy storage maybe in front of the seats on the deck. Currently, sunglesses is in armrest bin, hat behind the seat; phone "can" sit in the door armrest but it'll fly if I have to stop quick. The glovebox is pretty empty, but not convenient for the driver. Ideas welcome. Solutions even more so.
Old 06-01-23, 09:51 AM
LoSt180
Advanced

Received 593 Likes on 322 Posts

I just travel light. I had been tossing my phone into the armrest most of the time, and have a CD slot phone mount for the times I need navigation since OEM nav is never any good. Sunglasses go in the arm rest also inside of the case they came in.

The phone thing was getting pretty annoying, so I actually installed the 2020+ center console since the cup holders have a "dog-bone" shape that connects them so that the phone can lay down in there. Obviously phones have gotten larger since the original cup holder design so the phone never really fits in the cup holders. The 2020 console wasn't a perfect swap, the track pad is a different shape on the newer cars so there was a gap. I put some vinyl tape to fill the void and it doesn't look too bad.

I've also driven a coupe for the last 20 years and one thing is for sure, they are always light on cubbies for random crap. My wife's Armada and my Avalon daily have compartments everywhere.
Old 06-03-23, 12:50 PM
SailorTPD
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Well, I checked out Amazon and they have carbon fiber "look" visor sunglasses holders...Bought a couple at 4 bucks each

They also have a phone bag that hooks into the vent louver. I put it on the drivers door side vent.

Old 06-05-23, 05:48 PM
SideOfRice
Driver

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SailorTPD
Well, I checked out Amazon and they have carbon fiber "look" visor sunglasses holders...Bought a couple at 4 bucks each

They also have a phone bag that hooks into the vent louver. I put it on the drivers door side vent.

How secure is that sunglass holder clip? Can the sunglass slide off the clip easily if you decide to pedal to the metal the car? I may get one too if it holds it good.

Currently I store my sunglasses in its pouch it came with in the side panel when not using it..and this is how I store/mount my phone. My infotainment is almost always off and I use my phone for navigation since it’s easier to navigate being touch screen.

EDIT
Forgot to mention I got a center console tray for coins and got the wireless charging pad that I found when reading an older thread on here so that’s how I charge my phone when needed.