RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Canadian buying experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-23, 12:14 AM
corolla6mt
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jjiang7
Thanks for sharing, I did see this one and has had to think hard a few times. It's a great price. If it was silver, grey, or blue, I think I would've pulled the trigger. Just not big on red, I'm not a loud color type of guy.
its 10% off sticker plus you may get another one or two points if you show up there. In today's market, this is a steal. I think this is your only chance at this price for brand new.
Old 12-21-23, 09:51 AM
jjiang7
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi everyone, just wanted to post a final update since I received a lot of helpful info from the members here. In the end I didn't put through an order for a 2024 model, instead I picked up a left over 2022 model. I was able to save approximately 15% off the new price, the caveat being about a year of warranty has been used up. However, since this platform is so reliable I decided this wasn't a huge concern. The car was purchased from a dealer in Quebec, and I'm currently awaiting transport to Calgary. Logistically purchasing a car this way was definitely a bit more work. But during the few months that I've been watching the market, there were only about 6 or 7 2020+ RC Fs available across the country. I was prepared to wait until the summer but once the dealer came within a couple thousand of my initial ask I decided to pull the trigger rather than wait for one to pop up within driving distance. Thanks for all the suggestions provided here, I'll post more in the forums once the car arrives in a month or so.
The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (12-21-23)
Old 12-21-23, 11:02 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,472 Likes on 1,777 Posts

Hi everyone, just wanted to post a final update since I received a lot of helpful info from the members here. In the end I didn't put through an order for a 2024 model, instead I picked up a left over 2022 model. I was able to save approximately 15% off the new price, the caveat being about a year of warranty has been used up. However, since this platform is so reliable I decided this wasn't a huge concern. The car was purchased from a dealer in Quebec, and I'm currently awaiting transport to Calgary. Logistically purchasing a car this way was definitely a bit more work. But during the few months that I've been watching the market, there were only about 6 or 7 2020+ RC Fs available across the country. I was prepared to wait until the summer but once the dealer came within a couple thousand of my initial ask I decided to pull the trigger rather than wait for one to pop up within driving distance. Thanks for all the suggestions provided here, I'll post more in the forums once the car arrives in a month or so.
Awesome @jjiang7 Great to hear another RCF owner in our almost non-existent RCF community in Calgary, What color did you get. Post some pictures when you have it. While the weather is quite decent with no snow, the rock chips etc. are still there so you might want to be careful. I have mine sleeping till March or April. We should meet in the spring or summer for a photoshoot. There is a red LC500 owner who wants to meet for a photoshoot. @Jackal44 has a blue RCF and my RCF so we can do a little meet and photoshoot next spring or summer.
Old 12-21-23, 12:08 PM
jjiang7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Awesome @jjiang7 Great to hear another RCF owner in our almost non-existent RCF community in Calgary, What color did you get. Post some pictures when you have it. While the weather is quite decent with no snow, the rock chips etc. are still there so you might want to be careful. I have mine sleeping till March or April. We should meet in the spring or summer for a photoshoot. There is a red LC500 owner who wants to meet for a photoshoot. @Jackal44 has a blue RCF and my RCF so we can do a little meet and photoshoot next spring or summer.
Cloudburst grey. My top choices were that and USB for different reasons. I liked the grey for the stealthy/sleeper look, though it's a very common color. The blue to me is kind of the original F color going back to the ISF, a very rich color and much more head-turning. But in the end, I made my decision based on condition and availability. Will definitely post more pics when the car is here and keep me posted about the spring/summer.

Old 12-21-23, 04:10 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 151 Likes on 93 Posts

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the F ownership club.

You have nothing to worry about regarding the warranty. The cars are solid. While your waiting get yourself a set of upgraded LCA bushings on order. They are a must for any Lexus owner of any Lexus model.
jjiang7 (12-22-23)
Old 12-21-23, 09:47 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by brendanf
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the F ownership club.

You have nothing to worry about regarding the warranty. The cars are solid. While your waiting get yourself a set of upgraded LCA bushings on order. They are a must for any Lexus owner of any Lexus model.
I honestly digress from that a bit. Nothing wrong for the OP to have two perspectives available. I honestly never had any complaints about the OEM bushings. I had 20,000 KM when I switched to the RR Racing bushings. While I am happy with this mod and have been enjoying it, I would say let the OP just drive his RCF for a while, enjoy and experience it. I had completely perfectly even wear when I switched to RR Racing bushings on my PS4S so I had no issues with the OEM bushings. Plus, the 2020+ RCFs have the updated bushings that were improved over the 2015 - 2019 RCFs. For me, it was more about experimenting with a new mod and seeing how it improves the driving dynamics. Once the OP has had his RCF for a while then I think it makes sense to start thinking about mods. Just my two cents.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 12-21-23 at 09:52 PM.
jjiang7 (12-22-23)
Old 12-22-23, 08:04 AM
jjiang7
Driver School Candidate

I appreciate the tips brendanf and Rolla. I've never been a super heavy mod guy, my thing has always been oem+. My next steps are looking into aftermarket wheels/tires and of course exhaust. But I'll definitely keep the bushings in mind and do a bit more research for the future. Thanks!
Old 12-22-23, 10:46 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I appreciate the tips brendanf and Rolla. I've never been a super heavy mod guy, my thing has always been oem+. My next steps are looking into aftermarket wheels/tires and of course exhaust. But I'll definitely keep the bushings in mind and do a bit more research for the future. Thanks!
Yeah, I actually call my mods OEM++. I have quite a few bolt-ons, but I am still not FBO (full bolt-on) since I do not have headers. Maybe, when we meet in the spring or summer, you can check out my car to get an idea of how each mod really contributes to the overall experience and performance so that you can see which ones you might want to do yourself. I had to try them out without knowing how they would affect the car, but you can definitely see how it turned out to make up your mind.