RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Canadian buying experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-23, 02:27 PM
jjiang7
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Canadian buying experience

Hi everyone, I'm currently in the market for a RC-F and wanted to pick the brains of any Canadian owners here on their buying experience. Just wanted to do a bit of homework before starting the conversation with the dealer.

1. Any negotiation/discounts possible? - I'm assuming no, since there doesn't seem to be much new stock available. I'm assuming due to rarity these have to be factory ordered?
2. What is the factory order process/timeline like? - Did it take long to get an allocation? How long did it take from placing to order to getting delivery?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-02-23, 04:23 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 151 Likes on 93 Posts

I bought my F used after trading in my 3IS after a couple of years

In this market all bets are off. You have heard plenty of stories I’m sure.

Typically with Lexus, the price is the price. Not much wiggle room. Easiest thing I would say to do when it comes time to negotiate, pass on the extra warranty, but throw them a bone like getting the PPF done and ceramic both totally worth having anyway.

It might prove to be enough for them. As for “getting an allocation” they aren’t Porsche and will happily sell you a car.

The winds are changing and sales are slowing down so the sales depts are getting itchy to move cars.

What area are you in? What dealers are you looking at?
The following users liked this post:
jjiang7 (11-02-23)
Old 11-02-23, 04:53 PM
jjiang7
Driver School Candidate

Appreciate the insight. I don't have a lot of experience with Lexus as the last few cars of mine have been German. I'm not opposed to buying used, but I'm specifically looking for post-facelift (2020+) models, which limits my options. But yeah definitely hoping the crazy car market calms down a bit. I'm in Calgary, so we have two local dealers here.
Old 11-02-23, 07:34 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,472 Likes on 1,777 Posts

Hey man,

I am an RCF owner in Calgary. Right now I am in Toronto to do some executive presentations, but will give you some info on the Calgary market when I get back to Calgary over the weekend. Stay tuned.
jjiang7 (11-02-23)
Old 11-02-23, 08:53 PM
jjiang7
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, would really appreciate that. I've definitely seen your posts around when researching the car on the forum, so thanks for all the helpful info you provide on here
05RollaXRS (11-03-23)
Old 11-03-23, 01:01 AM
corolla6mt
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

As per Lexus website, 2024 RCF is limited inventory = custom order. However you may prefer this option..sick color
https://www.lexusofedmonton.ca/inventory/New-2024-Lexus-LC_500-LC_500%2CBESPOKE_EDITION-JTHLP5AY7RA108230

since its over 100k, current govt added a luxury tax

Last edited by corolla6mt; 11-03-23 at 01:08 AM.
Old 11-03-23, 08:40 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jjiang7
Thanks, would really appreciate that. I've definitely seen your posts around when researching the car on the forum, so thanks for all the helpful info you provide on here
Hey man,

Yes, the market is tough for RCF in Calgary. Even used market in Calgary has no RCFs available. Even when I bought mine in 2017 when there was more inventory available, it still took me a long while to find one since there are so few of these.

There is one RCF (standard package) that is 2015 with 44,000 KM available in Calgary. Are you looking to only order a new one? Did you check with the dealership? I have experience with both dealerships and I would say Royal Oak is the better one as far as customer service goes. I think they should be able to special order a 2024. Are you looking for specific options in 2024? carbon fiber package (no TVD offered anymore) or standard model? Are you open to buying a used one or you are only looking to special order a new one?

Too bad I have put my RCF away for the winter. i would have been happy to meet with you and let you take a ride in my RCF. I am quite sure you would have been smitten by it.
Old 11-04-23, 01:29 PM
FR680
Rookie

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm not opposed to buying used, but I'm specifically looking for post-facelift (2020+) models, which limits my options. But yeah definitely hoping the crazy car market calms down a bit. I'm in Calgary, so we have two local dealers here.
If you're willing to look further afield, the Lexus dealership in Victoria, BC has a new 2022 RCF in the showroom:

2022 Lexus RC F, NEW For Sale at Jim Pattison Lexus (jplexusvictoria.com)

They have had it since December 2022. The customer who originally ordered it changed his mind to get a 2023 model.
05RollaXRS (11-04-23)
Old 11-04-23, 01:33 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FR680
If you're willing to look further afield, the Lexus dealership in Victoria, BC has a new 2022 RCF in the showroom:

They have had it since December 2022. The customer who originally ordered it changed his mind to get a 2023 model.
That is a very good example and a good price for a standard package. Trucking it to Calgary should be about $1200 or so.
Old 11-04-23, 04:50 PM
jjiang7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corolla6mt
As per Lexus website, 2024 RCF is limited inventory = custom order. However you may prefer this option..sick color
https://www.lexusofedmonton.ca/inventory/New-2024-Lexus-LC_500-LC_500%2CBESPOKE_EDITION-JTHLP5AY7RA108230

since its over 100k, current govt added a luxury tax
Thanks for posting this. It's a beautiful color, but I'm leaning towards RC mainly because I want something a bit smaller and with a bit more practicality
Old 11-04-23, 05:01 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
That is a very good example and a good price for a standard package. Trucking it to Calgary should be about $1200 or so.
I'd just drive it back and get the break in period done faster.
Old 11-04-23, 05:07 PM
jjiang7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Hey man,

Yes, the market is tough for RCF in Calgary. Even used market in Calgary has no RCFs available. Even when I bought mine in 2017 when there was more inventory available, it still took me a long while to find one since there are so few of these.

There is one RCF (standard package) that is 2015 with 44,000 KM available in Calgary. Are you looking to only order a new one? Did you check with the dealership? I have experience with both dealerships and I would say Royal Oak is the better one as far as customer service goes. I think they should be able to special order a 2024. Are you looking for specific options in 2024? carbon fiber package (no TVD offered anymore) or standard model? Are you open to buying a used one or you are only looking to special order a new one?

Too bad I have put my RCF away for the winter. i would have been happy to meet with you and let you take a ride in my RCF. I am quite sure you would have been smitten by it.
Thanks for all the info. Ideally, I'd prefer the carbon package. I'm not big on sunroofs and a bit of a taller guy so would prefer the extra headroom without it. Plus, while this is a bit of a silly reason, the carbon roofs just look cool. Haha. I'm not against going used, but the lack of availability for post face-lift models has me considering stretching my budget and ordering new. It might be time for me to poke around the dealer just to get some more info. The reason I keep yo-yo-ing is when you start talking 100k you do start to get pretty close to LC territory. Anyways not in a rush, so I'll take my time gather info and then decide.

Appreciate the offer for a ride, I did test drive one of these quite a few years ago. Full disclosure I did end up in a BMW back then. I've had a M4 and M3 for the last 5 or 6 years, and while I really enjoyed them, I've decided it's time to move on. I'm not feeling the look of the new G8x bimmers, but really loves the look of these RCs. Granted performance might be slightly under the BMWs, but that engine sounds incredible, and the build quality is top notch. Both of which were better than the F generation M cars I owned.
Old 11-04-23, 05:09 PM
jjiang7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FR680

Thanks for sharing, I did see this one and has had to think hard a few times. It's a great price. If it was silver, grey, or blue, I think I would've pulled the trigger. Just not big on red, I'm not a loud color type of guy.
Old 11-04-23, 05:37 PM
brendanf
Advanced

The reason I keep yo-yo-ing is when you start talking 100k you do start to get pretty close to LC territory.
Honestly IMO the extra money for the LC isn't worth it.. It is around $20k more (IIRC) and your not getting $20k more car. Plus all the different materials used especially around the back window drive me crazy.
Old 11-04-23, 05:52 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by brendanf
Honestly IMO the extra money for the LC isn't worth it.. It is around $20k more (IIRC) and your not getting $20k more car. Plus all the different materials used especially around the back window drive me crazy.
Also as the recent comparison by an owner of both in the video that they are mutually exclusive. Both have their target audience. RCF for the smaller, much lighter, agile for more spirited driving experience especially for the track while the LC500 for the more luxurious, grand tourer and halo car feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ8p...ture=emb_title

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 11-04-23 at 10:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Canadian buying experience