RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Endtroducing…..my 10th ed RC F

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-23 | 08:10 AM
RCF93til
Pit Crew

Default Endtroducing…..my 10th ed RC F

Hello everyone,

Been posting for a bit and wanted to say hello.

I’m a very proud owner of one of the 240 US units 10th Anniversary Special edition. It’s like a dream. It’s my DD and only car. Before the purchase, I had test driven a 2015 and a 2020 RC F, both with stock exhausts. I’m partial to gray but first time owning a Matte finish. I won’t lie, doing some research and after reading that Lexus matte pamphlet, I was scared of matte. But I meticulously hand wash at least biweekly all my cars so this was a non issue and the matte nebula gray was a perfect color for me. Not sure what mods, if any, I may want to add since it already had some of the most essential mods on it at time of purchase. The anti gravity lithium battery does sound like a neat mod I may want to add later.

Specs:

-10th Anniversary Special edition

-Apexi exhaust (love the sound and personally like the look better than Invidia. It makes the car alive at lower RPMs compared to my test drive experiences with stock exhausts. Test drive experiences with stock exhaust made the car sound tame and normal at lower RPMs.)

-Takeda CAI

Previous owner changed oil every 5k miles based on Carfax, but I may drop that to every 3-4k considering I want to keep this as long as the powers that be allow and I frequently drive short trips so the oil doesn’t get a chance to get fully warm. Fun fact, previous owner traded this 10th edition for a pristine Fuji Speedway edition. Tells you how he feels about the RC F!

Wheels I traded in for the RC F (dealer sold it within a week) was a Hyundai Genesis Coupe (3.8L V6, naturally aspirated 348HP, automatic with Torsen LSD).

Just as the RC F, Genesis Coupes are equally rare to see on the road and equally received many compliments/stares. Fun fact, when Hyundai separated the Genesis brand as standalone a la Toyota/Lexus, it discontinued the Genesis Coupe so they are even rarer now. Lots of folks ask “what car is that?” and confuse it with Aston Martin to Mini Cooper because of the Genesis wings badge LOL. Great car, great bang for your buck performance wise. Never had issues with the car, Hyundai has come a long ways. Only gripes with the Genesis Coupe were the fake hood vents and it was direct injection only. At about 50k miles I did a fuel/air induction service at the dealership to clean carbon buildup, and it wasn’t cheap. With the RC F being direct and port injection, it was one of many things that sold me on the RC F. Will miss the Genesis Coupe for sure but I’m on a whole another level with this V8

The following 2 users liked this post by RCF93til:
1wacko (11-28-23), UFOHunter (01-18-24)
Old 11-28-23 | 08:12 AM
RCF93til
Pit Crew

As far as my driving experience with the RC F, I’ll say it again it’s like a dream. It also blows my mind it can imperceptibly switch between the Atkinson/Otto cycle. I know I’m in something special every time I’m in it. I just need more practice with MANUAL mode and SLALOM TVD mode. The RC F is worth every penny.

As many of you can relate, my better half was very supportive in me getting the RC F and I truly thank her for that. Certainly there are cheaper, less thrilling alternatives that will get you from point A to B. My better half does freak out when I accelerate too hard LOL. I tell her this car is capable of much, much more but it doesn’t help LOL. I read the story on here about the guy who bought a new 10th edition and didn’t tell his wife, and stored it in a garage and drove it when she wasn’t around, what a crazy story!…Cheers!

“With no money down, this thing is practically free” LOL

Last edited by RCF93til; 11-28-23 at 08:16 AM.
The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (11-28-23)
Old 11-28-23 | 08:14 AM
KennyFSU
Instructor

Congrats on the car! Looks great with the wheel and caliper color too.

Last edited by KennyFSU; 11-28-23 at 08:55 AM.
RCF93til (11-28-23)
Old 11-28-23 | 10:34 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Nice writeup. Thanks for sharing. I agree with the wife part. I sometimes take our small kids and wife for drives in the RCF. Anytime I downshift and accelerate in a meaningful way, she starts freaking out especially as I have quite a few mods on making it more dramatic. Even leaving off the line fast from a traffic light, she complained 'can you please take it easy on the throttle. My neck is really getting tired from all of the whiplashing' LOL

p.s. Wondering if the previous owner is a member here?

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 11-28-23 at 12:43 PM.
RCF93til (11-28-23)
Old 11-28-23 | 02:16 PM
isfvss
Racer

^^^^^ I bet if your friend takes her for a drive in the Porshe, she would love it ( hypothetical joke) cheers.
RCF93til (11-28-23)
Old 11-28-23 | 02:59 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by isfvss
^^^^^ I bet if your friend takes her for a drive in the Porshe, she would love it ( hypothetical joke) cheers.
By that you mean, 'hate' because only constant speed seems to make my wife feel easy LOL
RCF93til (11-28-23)
Old 11-28-23 | 05:55 PM
RCF93til
Pit Crew

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Rolla, I haven’t gotten a whiplash complaint…yet, but that is hilarious lol.

Not sure if he’s a member here. I only know he traded it in for a Fuji because the salesperson told me so and also in the weeks prior to my purchase when I was looking I had seen the ad for the Fuji at that dealership. The timing of it all worked great for the both of us
05RollaXRS (11-28-23)
Old 11-28-23 | 06:24 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RCF93til
Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Rolla, I haven’t gotten a whiplash complaint…yet, but that is hilarious lol.
Stock SPORT+ was fine. It is snappy without being harsh. It mostly started after I added a few things that have an exaggerated effect on how snappy everything feels. The throttle controller, RR Racing ECU tune and crank damper pulley. All of these together make the car feel quite brutal in SPORT+.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 11-28-23 at 06:49 PM.
RCF93til (11-28-23)
Old 11-28-23 | 08:23 PM
RCF93til
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Stock SPORT+ was fine. It is snappy without being harsh. It mostly started after I added a few things that have an exaggerated effect on how snappy everything feels. The throttle controller, RR Racing ECU tune and crank damper pulley. All of these together make the car feel quite brutal in SPORT+.
Sweet fancy Moses. I think you’ve said you are in SPORT+ most of the time you drive, but have any of those mods affected how the other modes feel? As in, does NORMAL/ECO feel “normal”?

Also, I believe you are at +500HP with your mods, have you been able to know exactly or guesstimate what torque numbers you are at?
Old 11-28-23 | 08:32 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Sweet fancy Moses. I think you’ve said you are in SPORT+ most of the time you drive, but have any of those mods affected how the other modes feel? As in, does NORMAL/ECO feel “normal”?
To be quite honest with you, I have never used anything other than SPORT+ in a very long time. I like the steering's heavy, direct feel in SPORT+ mode so never try any other mode, but I am going to guess the SPORT/NORMAL feel more lively. I am going to guess ECO mode is not much different since it is supposed to detune the engine down quite a bit. I read it becomes effectively a 4.2 Liter V8 in ECO mode.

Also, I believe you are +500HP with your mods, have you been able to know exactly or guesstimate what torque numbers you are at?
Yeah, around 510 - 515 HP crank equivalent, Torque must be in the low-400s, I assume.
RCF93til (11-28-23)
Old 11-28-23 | 08:37 PM
RCF93til
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
To be quite honest with you, I have never used anything other than SPORT+ in a very long time. I like the steering's heavy, direct feel in SPORT+ mode so never try any other mode, but I am going to guess the SPORT/NORMAL feel more lively. I am going to guess ECO mode is not much different since it is supposed to detune the engine down quite a bit. I read it becomes effectively a 4.2 Liter V8 in ECO mode.

Yeah, around 510 - 515 HP crank equivalent, Torque must be in the low-400s, I assume.
Great stuff
05RollaXRS (11-29-23)
Old 12-01-23 | 03:53 PM
cyfi66
Pit Crew

Beatiful ride, congrats on the upgrade! If you are paranoid about the paint you may look into matte paint protection film. It will give you an extra layer of security.
RCF93til (12-01-23)
Old 12-01-23 | 03:56 PM
RCF93til
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by cyfi66
Beatiful ride, congrats on the upgrade! If you are paranoid about the paint you may look into matte paint protection film. It will give you an extra layer of security.
Thanks appreciate it.

Approximately how much would a full protection film around the whole car cost? Any particular brand of film that would be best? Maybe 3M?

Old 12-01-23 | 04:20 PM
07LXgs350
Intermediate

XPEL STEALTH for matte paint. and depending on location it would cost about 6-7k to do the whole car. Probably around 3k to do the hood, fenders, bumper and rockers.
Thanks appreciate it.

Approximately how much would a full protection film around the whole car cost? Any particular brand of film that would be best? Maybe 3M?
RCF93til (12-02-23)
Old 12-02-23 | 10:18 AM
RCF93til
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 07LXgs350
XPEL STEALTH for matte paint. and depending on location it would cost about 6-7k to do the whole car. Probably around 3k to do the hood, fenders, bumper and rockers.
Good stuff I’ll look into it later, I would probably want to do the whole car. Rain is my worst enemy.

Quick Reply: Endtroducing…..my 10th ed RC F