Default Molten Pearl RCF rolling in the rain

Not mine. Just found this video of a Molten Pearl CF RCF rolling in the rain

The following users liked this post:
RCF93til (12-08-23)
Old 12-08-23, 11:22 AM
RCF93til
Pit Crew

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

Nice video, I was expecting the shot after the rainbow to be the RC F, not the hardware store LOL.

Rolla, does your RC F have the interior trim like the video below? It doesn’t look like the usual carbon fiber. I am wondering if this was for the press car only. The video itself is very informative, with none other than the legend himself standing next to the Moltean Pearl.

Old 12-08-23, 01:07 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,473 Likes on 1,778 Posts

Hey bro,

Good catch. I have seen this review many times over the years (it is like 8 years old), but never noticed the interior trim pieces. To answer your question, my carbon fiber pieces have the typical carbon fiber weave in them. Both interior and exterior. I might take a picture and post it here. I believe that is because either it is a pre-production prototype with unfinished carbon fiber (like the one they have on the GR Corolla roof) and/or the interior trim pieces have those accents

I always enjoy MotoMan reviews and they are very informative especially with Yaguchi san review. There were a few errors in them, though. For example, he says the RCF suspension, subframe and bushings are from the GS, which is not correct. RCF has its own bushings, suspension and subframes that were developed for it. It is like 70% different even than a base RC. The ZF Sachs dampers in the RCF were developed specifically for it. The OEM bushings are also much stiffer than the ones in the IS/GS/RC etc.

This is a good review of the RCF track edition

Originally Posted by RCF93til
Nice video, I was expecting the shot after the rainbow to be the RC F, not the hardware store LOL.

Rolla, does your RC F have the interior trim like the video below? It doesn’t look like the usual carbon fiber. I am wondering if this was for the press car only. The video itself is very informative, with none other than the legend himself standing next to the Moltean Pearl.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eZg5Me...UgY2hpZWYgcmNm
RCF93til (12-09-23)
Old 12-12-23, 03:11 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 769 Likes on 479 Posts
Arrow

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eZg5Me...UgY2hpZWYgcmNm

That is the forged carbon fiber interior you can get. Ron has it. He posted part numbers at one point but you can get the glove box trim and both door panel trims pieces in the forged carbon fiber. I believe they were $800 each door piece and another $7-800 for the glove box piece.

Looks good and is pretty rare because no one ever gets it. But you can order them directly from the dealer..etc. I'd have to look on my phone when I leave work or check FB and can post the part numbers here if Ron doesn't chime in.

Bell Lexus is running a 12% off sale currently so there ya go... some discount...lol

*Ron's pictures:

-Nigel

Last edited by nigel821; 12-12-23 at 03:33 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by nigel821:
07LXgs350 (12-12-23), RCF93til (12-13-23)
Old 12-13-23, 02:22 PM
RCF93til
Pit Crew

Great stuff Nigel, thanks for the clarification That forged CF does look neat, I wonder if it has a greater strength to weight ratio over the regular CF trim and whether you could order from Lexus a forged CF hood, roof, rear wing etc..if you so desired that look.
Old 12-23-23, 11:36 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

Great stuff Nigel, thanks for the clarification That forged CF does look neat, I wonder if it has a greater strength to weight ratio over the regular CF trim and whether you could order from Lexus a forged CF hood, roof, rear wing etc..if you so desired that look.
Originally Posted by nigel821
That is the forged carbon fiber interior you can get. Ron has it. He posted part numbers at one point but you can get the glove box trim and both door panel trims pieces in the forged carbon fiber. I believe they were $800 each door piece and another $7-800 for the glove box piece.

Looks good and is pretty rare because no one ever gets it. But you can order them directly from the dealer..etc. I'd have to look on my phone when I leave work or check FB and can post the part numbers here if Ron doesn't chime in.

Bell Lexus is running a 12% off sale currently so there ya go... some discount...lol

*Ron's pictures:

-Nigel

Hi all! It wasn't an "option" or even "available" to us the in US. this was Japanese/Canadian spec stuff. same goes along with the GSF's it was the pressed/forged carbon pieces. Very cool stuff to look at!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Ay-nako:
05RollaXRS (12-23-23), RCF93til (12-23-23)
Old 12-23-23, 09:50 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
Hi all! It wasn't an "option" or even "available" to us the in US. this was Japanese/Canadian spec stuff. same goes along with the GSF's it was the pressed/forged carbon pieces. Very cool stuff to look at!!
My RCF is the highest spec available in Canada at the time with an MSRP of $96K CAD in 2015 - 2016. I don't think it was an option even in Canada, if I am not mistaken.
Old 12-27-23, 09:05 AM
RCF93til
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
Thanks for info

Here is a closer look at the forged CF interior. Interesting that Lexus rolled the RC Fs to auto shows with a CF hood, which obviously didn’t make it to the production version until many years later with the TE, at least in the US.

Old 12-27-23, 10:22 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for info

Here is a closer look at the forged CF interior. Interesting that Lexus rolled the RC Fs to auto shows with a CF hood, which obviously didn’t make it to the production version until many years later with the TE, at least in the US.

2015 Lexus RC-F - Exterior and Interior Walkaround - 2014 Paris Auto show
The CF hood was standard on all CF/TVD RCFs except the ones we have in Canada/US ones. Though, unlike the roof, the weight savings were pretty minimal since the hood is aluminum anyway.
Old 12-27-23, 02:44 PM
RCF93til
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
The CF hood was standard on all CF/TVD RCFs except the ones we have in Canada/US ones. Though, unlike the roof, the weight savings were pretty minimal since the hood is aluminum anyway.
Good info. This might be another of those perplexing Lexus decisions with no rhyme or reason. Why not offer the CF hood on the non TE for the US, if buyers so desire that option?

The 10th edition for Japan had the CF hood along with extra CF along the side skirts. That said, being a 10th edition owner myself, I do prefer the “cleaner” US look. Much of the public has no idea of CF and mistake it for a mismatched part taken from a junkyard.

I can offer a wild guess as to why Lexus did not offer the extra CF on the US 10th edition. The video below shows a sticker tag of the Japan version for a whopping $17 million yen, which is roughly $120K US dollars. With much of the worldwide allotment of 10th edition versions coming to the US, I can see this being a cost saving measure Lexus took for the US market buyers. From what I’ve gathered on this forum, the 10th edition sat on US dealerships for quite a while. The matte paint sure scared a lot of buyers away though.

05RollaXRS (12-27-23)