RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

2024 Lexus Performance Driving School

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-24, 07:19 AM
FLXYLXY
Pit Crew

Received 119 Likes on 36 Posts

Do you have to take the base class first or can you take the masterclass for your first time ?
Old 01-26-24, 07:21 AM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 209 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by FLXYLXY
Do you have to take the base class first or can you take the masterclass for your first time ?
Great question. When I was going through the site, it gave me the option to do either, so I guess the base is not a prerequisite? I could be wrong though. You can reach out to them and ask here: Concierge@lexusperformancedrivingschool.com
Old 01-26-24, 07:22 AM
RCF93til
Pit Crew

Received 113 Likes on 77 Posts

You have to take the base class first before they allow you to register for the masterclass.

Originally Posted by FLXYLXY
Old 01-26-24, 07:25 AM
RCF93til
Pit Crew

Received 113 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by yok3dIS
Great question. When I was going through the site, it gave me the option to do either, so I guess the base is not a prerequisite? I could be wrong though. You can reach out to them and ask here: Concierge@lexusperformancedrivingschool.com
Old 01-26-24, 10:32 AM
sensai
Advanced

Received 662 Likes on 230 Posts

yeah, the base is a prereq. for sure which makes sense. the masterclass builds upon the basics they teach in the base class by utilizing what was learned and ... more track time, more dedicated 1:1 coaching time, the te/fuji are outfitted with sensors and cameras so after a lead follow hot run you can instantly go back to the paddock and review your footage with your coach and receive feedback. like a real race car driver that's the experience they were going for.

Last edited by sensai; 01-26-24 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-01-24, 09:25 AM
BenzNoMore
1st Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

@yok3dIS I'll see you in June at COTA. This is my first Lexus driving experience, so will be in the base class. Gifted to me by my wonderful wife for my birthday. LC500 owner here. Thanks for posting the Race Sonoma vids, great insights. Truly a wonderful track, I have raced there in 24 Hours of Lemons. Fun times.
The following 2 users liked this post by BenzNoMore:
FLXYLXY (02-01-24), yok3dIS (02-01-24)
Old 02-23-24, 08:54 AM
UFOHunter
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Going to Sonoma on 28th Apr. If anyone else is, let me know!
The following users liked this post:
Twizgs (04-14-24)
Old 04-14-24, 04:49 PM
Twizgs
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by yok3dIS
@RCF93til I had alot of fun (and learned a bunch)! They provide catered breakfast, lunch and snacks throughout the all day event. You will go through different presentations and guidance on the auto cross (which I did in an IS500), on the track (in an LC500) and properly doing donuts in an RCF. Got to meet a great number of people including Scott Pruett, who showed us how to properly tackle the autocross . Wanted to try an F1 type track, hence the COTA sign up. Recorded some sessions here: https://youtu.be/YKuHzwIiHNU?si=tuhlAJGi8pBb5hoJ
Hey Great video, I'm going in 2 weeks. what did you use to record? I'm thinking about bringing my Gopro to record some Laps during the event. Thanks in advance
Old 04-14-24, 04:51 PM
Twizgs
Pit Crew

Thats great! I was thinking of bring my GoPro to record, didn't see any rules adjusted it I go on 4/28

Originally Posted by BenzNoMore
@yok3dIS I'll see you in June at COTA. This is my first Lexus driving experience, so will be in the base class. Gifted to me by my wonderful wife for my birthday. LC500 owner here. Thanks for posting the Race Sonoma vids, great insights. Truly a wonderful track, I have raced there in 24 Hours of Lemons. Fun times.

Last edited by Twizgs; 04-14-24 at 04:53 PM. Reason: my error
Old 04-14-24, 04:54 PM
Twizgs
Pit Crew

I'm going on 4/28 as well.
Old 04-15-24, 07:28 AM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Twizgs
Hey Great video, I'm going in 2 weeks. what did you use to record? I'm thinking about bringing my Gopro to record some Laps during the event. Thanks in advance
GoPro Hero9. Actually have two, so one in the car and the other with my friend who will record the autocross and donuts . Need to be fast when doing the track though! Once you get in, quickly attach it to the windshield and adjust, cause once they start, you want to concentrate on the track and not be fiddling with it.
Old 04-17-24, 08:37 AM
marcuslaw2
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I also attended the recent LPDS in Atlanta two weeks ago. Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I did not think it was worth it. I own an RC F so wasn't blown away by driving one. There's no way in hell I would drift my F, so that time spent, while fun, won't be used to further that technique. I did enjoy tracking an LC500. The masterclass with it's more one on one focus and data sharing is likely more worth it. It's too bad that you have to take the into course first. I do not think it was necessary to have taken the intro course particularly if you're going to attend the masterclass at a different track. My $.02.
The following 2 users liked this post by marcuslaw2:
RCF93til (04-17-24), SailorTPD (05-01-24)
Old 05-01-24, 08:11 AM
Vindahawk4
Driver School Candidate

Received 69 Likes on 15 Posts

Was in Sonoma on Saturday, the 27th. Base class, lots of listening and understanding of the vehicles, it's an amazing process with all those drivers there. Great time had. Still wanted to drive more!

The following 2 users liked this post by Vindahawk4:
DaveGS4 (05-01-24), yok3dIS (05-01-24)
Old 05-01-24, 02:51 PM
SailorTPD
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by marcuslaw2
I also attended the recent LPDS in Atlanta two weeks ago. Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I did not think it was worth it. I own an RC F so wasn't blown away by driving one. There's no way in hell I would drift my F, so that time spent, while fun, won't be used to further that technique. I did enjoy tracking an LC500. The masterclass with it's more one on one focus and data sharing is likely more worth it. It's too bad that you have to take the into course first. I do not think it was necessary to have taken the intro course particularly if you're going to attend the masterclass at a different track. My $.02.
I also did not feel it was worth the money or my time back in 2022 when I took it at laguna seca. The q and a between drives was particularly inane. Only useful bit, for me, was stomping on the lc500 brake until it mushed when the antilock gave up.
Old 05-01-24, 05:39 PM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SailorTPD
I also did not feel it was worth the money or my time back in 2022 when I took it at laguna seca. The q and a between drives was particularly inane. Only useful bit, for me, was stomping on the lc500 brake until it mushed when the antilock gave up.
Curious to know what other car makers offer and charge for something similar.

Still looking forward to COTA in June

Quick Reply: 2024 Lexus Performance Driving School