RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Gauging Interest: Lexus RCF meet for August in Calgary, Alberta

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-24, 08:51 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

@Killahbyte @jjiang7 @Jackal44

LC500YYC has arranged for a professional photographer to join us and also a few other RCFs that he knows in Calgary, will also join. I am thinking 11 am on September 1st. Location details will follow shortly as I will discuss with LC500YYC. He might be joining the forum.
Old 07-23-24, 12:49 PM
Jackal44
Driver

Received 74 Likes on 35 Posts

I can make the 1st work as well. I have a few meeting place ideas.

Max Bell is great for evening shots over the city. On the first we should be looking at a sunset around 8:30. I had a photo shoot with my Lotus there a while back, and it made great shots.

Downtown has lots of great places for more industrial shots, and the wall art around some parts, just can't be beat. There's a wall beside the source on 11 Ave has a reasonable parking lot and offers some good contrast shots.

Of course I'm always ont he hunt for more places for the 'gram and I'll let you know if I find any better.
The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (07-23-24)
Old 07-23-24, 01:13 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Sounds good. Thanks. I would tend to steer away from downtown because the roads are in poor condition there and a bit of a teeth chattering experience in my RCF, but definitely throw some suggestions out to see what works best. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Jackal44
I can make the 1st work as well. I have a few meeting place ideas.

Max Bell is great for evening shots over the city. On the first we should be looking at a sunset around 8:30. I had a photo shoot with my Lotus there a while back, and it made great shots.

Downtown has lots of great places for more industrial shots, and the wall art around some parts, just can't be beat. There's a wall beside the source on 11 Ave has a reasonable parking lot and offers some good contrast shots.

Of course I'm always ont he hunt for more places for the 'gram and I'll let you know if I find any better.
Old 07-23-24, 02:27 PM
LC500YYC
7th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey all, my name is Jakub and it's my first time on these forums even though this is my third Lexus

I met a photographer at the last Royal Rally in June and she is willing to come take some snaps for us.

I'm flexible for whatever the plan is, we could do a cruise and meet or just a meet doesn't matter to me. The Max Bell idea sounds great. Once we figure out a plan I will pass it on to the Photographer.

So one of the RCFs I reached out to is actually Jackal and the other is in Edmonton but he won't be making it.

I look forward to meeting you all!

Last edited by LC500YYC; 07-23-24 at 02:34 PM.
05RollaXRS (07-23-24)
Old 07-23-24, 02:36 PM
Jackal44
Driver

Originally Posted by LC500YYC
Hey all, my name is Jakub and it's my first time on these forums even though this is my third Lexus

I met a photographer at the last Royal Rally in June and she is willing to come take some snaps for us.
I'm going to guess you mean Celine. She is amazing and did a few quicky, but awesome shots of Letti on our Rally.

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Sounds good. Thanks. I would tend to steer away from downtown because the roads are in poor condition there and a bit of a teeth chattering experience in my RCF, but definitely throw some suggestions out to see what works best. Thanks.
Living downtown, I can say they are generally better than out in the Scenic Acre burbs we just moved from. Downtown offers so many different architectural backdrops for photo ops, and can add some appeal to the shots, but I'll go with wherever the group decides. Celine may have a spot or two she wants to try out, and can suggest from there.
Old 07-23-24, 02:40 PM
LC500YYC
7th Gear

I'm going to guess you mean Celine. She is amazing and did a few quicky, but awesome shots of Letti on our Rally.
Yes exactly, Celine. She's really good
Old 07-23-24, 02:46 PM
Jackal44
Driver

....the other is in Edmonton but he won't be making it.
I assume you mean Richmond Tieu with the white RC-F in Edmonton. he's @rtieu_ on insta.
LC500YYC (07-23-24)
Old 07-23-24, 03:00 PM
LC500YYC
7th Gear

I assume you mean Richmond Tieu with the white RC-F in Edmonton. he's @rtieu_ on insta.
It's a small world after all
Old 07-23-24, 03:03 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I'm flexible for whatever the plan is, we could do a cruise and meet or just a meet doesn't matter to me. The Max Bell idea sounds great. Once we figure out a plan I will pass it on to the Photographer.

So one of the RCFs I reached out to is actually Jackal and the other is in Edmonton but he won't be making it.

I look forward to meeting you all!
Sounds great. Welcome to the forum. I will send you my cell number via PM. Other than this meet, I am sure you will find lots of useful info for your LC500 in the forums.

I agree we can do Max Bell arena. I am totally up for that. I was originally thinking Sunday morning 11 AM - 12 PM type of thing until the afternoon unless someone thinks it should be an evening thing. I would also be up for a cruise either to or from the Max Bell Arena.

I
Living downtown, I can say they are generally better than out in the Scenic Acre burbs we just moved from. Downtown offers so many different architectural backdrops for photo ops, and can add some appeal to the shots, but I'll go with wherever the group decides. Celine may have a spot or two she wants to try out, and can suggest from there.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I do a lot of Stoney trail driving in my RCF where it is super smooth. I sometimes am OK on Deerfoot and also country hills blvd is also fine. There are some good stretches like 9th avenue is fairly OK, but others not so much. Especially something like 6th avenue are terrible and generally avoid those types of roads as it becomes punishing. I take the RX or the IS350 F-Sport if I need to be in the downtown core.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 07-23-24 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-23-24, 03:24 PM
Jackal44
Driver

It's a small world after all
I try and get out to the scene as much as I can.
Old 07-23-24, 03:26 PM
LC500YYC
7th Gear

Yeah, I know what you mean. I do a lot of Stoney trail driving in my RCF where it is super smooth. I sometimes am OK on Deerfoot and also country hills blvd is also fine. There are some good stretches like 9th avenue is fairly OK, but others not so much. Especially something like 6th avenue are terrible and generally avoid those types of roads as it becomes punishing. I take the RX or the IS350 F-Sport if I need to be in the downtown core.
I hear you, that's why I opted out of lowering my LC because of how Calgary roads are. Plus I enjoy the incredible back roads we have outside the city
05RollaXRS (07-23-24)
Old 07-23-24, 10:30 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I hear you, that's why I opted out of lowering my LC because of how Calgary roads are. Plus I enjoy the incredible back roads we have outside the city
That sounds great. Maybe, if we can work that into the cruise (the windy roads), that would be great.

Speaking of windy roads, I was planning on doing the Rocky Mountain Motorsports track day this year that is a full day course. Half a day class room and then half a day of hotlaps with a pro instructor sitting in the car. Amazing program for $500 all inclusive, I am preparing to sell our current property while getting our dream house built with Shane Homes in the Ambelton NW community, which is eating up all of my time outside of work with hundreds of selections to make and the circular deliberations with wife that go with it. I am still on OEM Brembo BBK so I might also have to get new pads at Lexus of Royal Oak before I hit the track.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 07-23-24 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-24-24, 04:19 AM
LC500YYC
7th Gear

Speaking of windy roads, I was planning on doing the Rocky Mountain Motorsports track day this year that is a full day course. Half a day class room and then half a day of hotlaps with a pro instructor sitting in the car. Amazing program for $500 all inclusive.
When is this? I might be interested as well

Old 07-24-24, 06:46 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

When is this? I might be interested as well
Sure. Here you go. There are many beginners events during the summer till September

Beginner Track Experience - Rocky Mountain Motorsports (rockymotorsports.com)
LC500YYC (07-24-24)
Old 08-20-24, 05:36 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

@Jackal44 @jjiang7 @Killahbyte @LC500YYC

I had a discussion today with Jakub (LC500YYC) and here is the plan. Can you guys confirm you are good with it or if you would like to propose a change, let us know. Thanks.

Date: September 1st (long weekend so Monday is a holiday)
Time; 2:00 PM
Meeting Place: Deerfoot Mall in the empty corner parking lots opposite to the Rec Room. Hard to miss RCFs or LC500 so easy to find.
The following 2 users liked this post by 05RollaXRS:
jjiang7 (08-21-24), Killahbyte (08-20-24)

Quick Reply: Gauging Interest: Lexus RCF meet for August in Calgary, Alberta