RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-16, 06:12 AM
ghoffner
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Db750
I have no idea what a lease price should be on an RCF right now as I have not been keeping up with residual values, base MF, etc. The only advice I can offer you based on the above numbers is do not lease unless you will be keeping the car for the entire lease term.

You're on an RCF forum; we all "make good money". Congrats.
MSRP on my RCF was $73,074. Negotiate to $63,999 and additional $3,000 in lease cash from Lexus financial services. Only put $500 down, 0.0009 money factor and 59% residual. I added the wheel and tire package. 10,000 miles per month and 36 months. I pay $755/month (This deal was done in November. I think you should be able to lease for less than $650/mo)
Old 03-01-16, 07:36 AM
kdu
Rookie

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
Congrats on the purchase! Great price!
What was the options on the car?
Premium package, ML and Nav, forged wheels, sunroof, leather, all weather mats.

Originally Posted by AKA5
congrats, was that pic taken at the gas station in vienna/tysons? hope to see you on the road
Close, Fairfax.
Old 03-01-16, 06:17 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Some dealers have their actng skills down pat. If you mention below invoice pricing??? Really impossible.

theres a reason why they have 5 2015s RC_Fs on the lot in 2016
Old 03-02-16, 01:22 AM
JeroCool
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ghoffner
MSRP on my RCF was $73,074. Negotiate to $63,999 and additional $3,000 in lease cash from Lexus financial services. Only put $500 down, 0.0009 money factor and 59% residual. I added the wheel and tire package. 10,000 miles per month and 36 months. I pay $755/month (This deal was done in November. I think you should be able to lease for less than $650/mo)
There is no way you are getting to $650 unless you're paying tax up front. The MF is 0.0019 right now and the residual is at ~55% depending on mi/yr.
Old 03-02-16, 05:47 AM
ghoffner
Driver

Originally Posted by JeroCool
There is no way you are getting to $650 unless you're paying tax up front. The MF is 0.0019 right now and the residual is at ~55% depending on mi/yr.
If I hadn't added the wheel and tire package, my payment was going to be $706/month. I got about 16.5% off my MSRP of $73,074. Nobody should take a deal now unless you get at least 20% off sticker. Then put down MSDs to lower money factor. Getting $650 is 100% obtainable.
Old 03-02-16, 10:00 AM
MrPLP
Driver School Candidate

MSDs may be the only way to go as far as leasing a 2015 RCF since Edmunds is reporting the same MF and dealer cash for March. Can anyone confirm?
Old 03-03-16, 12:34 AM
JeroCool
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ghoffner
If I hadn't added the wheel and tire package, my payment was going to be $706/month. I got about 16.5% off my MSRP of $73,074. Nobody should take a deal now unless you get at least 20% off sticker. Then put down MSDs to lower money factor. Getting $650 is 100% obtainable.
MSDs are kind of a big thing to leave out in the first post mentioning $650/mo. Let me be clear, it's entirely possible to get a dealer to 699.99/mo for 35mo/10k mi on a 73k RC F (without MSDs). It's not going to be easy.

It's also entirely possible to get 20% off, but not easy. You need to find the right dealer, right sales person, and right sales director to make that happen right now. Eventually they may be more motivated (not sure what they are waiting for if they have 4+ 2015 on the lot).
Old 03-03-16, 04:19 PM
Styx250sx
Driver School Candidate

Default RC F Price Question

Hello all,

I am a new member to this site but have been a long time follower. A lot of great stuff here.

I could use some help. I have an Ultra White RC F with 4100 miles. Looking back, I wish I had gone with black/black. The MSRP on mine is just under 74k. One dealership offered 58k for mine and 62.5k before TTL for black/black. The dealership I purchased mine from is offering me 53k. I am pretty disappointed. Is the first offer the best I will get or should I hold? I am in the VA / DC area. Thanks in advance for your help.

Styx
Old 03-03-16, 05:59 PM
Db750
Driver

Originally Posted by Styx250sx
Hello all,

I am a new member to this site but have been a long time follower. A lot of great stuff here.

I could use some help. I have an Ultra White RC F with 4100 miles. Looking back, I wish I had gone with black/black. The MSRP on mine is just under 74k. One dealership offered 58k for mine and 62.5k before TTL for black/black. The dealership I purchased mine from is offering me 53k. I am pretty disappointed. Is the first offer the best I will get or should I hold? I am in the VA / DC area. Thanks in advance for your help.

Styx
HI Styx,

Welcome to the forum. Do you see the Manheim Auction pricing I posted on the previous page of this thread? That is exactly what dealers are paying for RCF's (plus shipping and auction fees), and it looks like your first dealer is offering you a very fair trade considering they have to go through the massive burden of selling another RCF. The MSRP on your White car may have been $74k, but if you paid anywhere close to that hopefully this will serve as a learning experience for you moving forward with the purchase of your black RCF.

For what it's worth I think the RCF looks best in white, but if you are set on black then it may be best to take what dealer 1 is offering. The rule of supply and demand says it will only get worse as used 2015 inventory increases.

Last edited by Db750; 03-03-16 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-04-16, 12:31 AM
Styx250sx
Driver School Candidate

Thank you Db. I did see your post and appreciate your reply. Your information helps a lot.
Old 03-04-16, 05:25 AM
Db750
Driver

Originally Posted by Styx250sx
Thank you Db. I did see your post and appreciate your reply. Your information helps a lot.
Glad to help! Please stick around and update us on what decision you make. A few points below:

1. You did not mention MSRP of the black car. Is there room to work from that angle? You can get more on your trade or talk them down on their car; it all works out the same in the end!

2. Are you familiar with vinyl wrapping your car? If the only thing you are unhappy with is the exterior color this would probably be the best way to go as you can have it wrapped for $3-4k and enjoy the car a year or two more when hopefully the depreciation curve will begin to flatten out (I think it will).
Old 03-04-16, 08:38 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

It seems that the resale value of the RCF is not very good, and IMO it will only get worse as more product becomes available on the used market. Right now used prices are low because dealers are having to heavily discount new to move any product. Once more of the first wave of 2015 hit the used market I don't think it is going to be very pretty. I am damn glad that I am not one of the few that sat on a waiting list for a year for a carbon model and then paid MSRP lol!

Here are last months manheim numbers for both the RCF and the BMW M4 coupe. Keep in mind this is showing ALL RCF sales for the previous month, while there are nearly four times as much M3/M4 product moving at the same time.

Only way to pick one of these things up is at a huge discount off of MSRP like the poster above, or buy used a year old and 7k miles or less for even more discount. If I want to lose $30k on depreciation in the first year I will step up a class and buy a BMW M6 CP w/600 HP. Still considering picking one up for the wife when the M3 lease is up this summer, but no way I would buy new without a massive discount.

Those #s normal for an entry sports coupe. Only issue I`m looking at which I guess no one has control over is the variability of Mileage Condition and Price

Some high mileage cars are selling for more then low mileage cars
Old 03-04-16, 10:36 AM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Those #s normal for an entry sports coupe. Only issue I`m looking at which I guess no one has control over is the variability of Mileage Condition and Price

Some high mileage cars are selling for more then low mileage cars
I am assuming some F's selling for more even with higher miles could be due to the Options & Packages since there is a Substantial price difference between base RCF ($63k vs Fully loaded @ $80k)

Since these auction prices don't really tell you the packages it had on, Dealer's will try to take advantage as they will offer you what an F did at auction regardless of package.
Old 03-04-16, 10:56 AM
Styx250sx
Driver School Candidate

Default Msrp

Glad to help! Please stick around and update us on what decision you make. A few points below:

1. You did not mention MSRP of the black car. Is there room to work from that angle? You can get more on your trade or talk them down on their car; it all works out the same in the end!

2. Are you familiar with vinyl wrapping your car? If the only thing you are unhappy with is the exterior color this would probably be the best way to go as you can have it wrapped for $3-4k and enjoy the car a year or two more when hopefully the depreciation curve will begin to flatten out (I think it will).
It's the exact same car but in black. MSRP is the same as mine. Thanks again for replying. I will keep you guys updated. If I can keep the loss minimal I will make the deal. Yes, I have looked at car wraps. Not sure how I feel about them? Some look pretty good.
Old 03-04-16, 07:02 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Salil022
I am assuming some F's selling for more even with higher miles could be due to the Options & Packages since there is a Substantial price difference between base RCF ($63k vs Fully loaded @ $80k)

Since these auction prices don't really tell you the packages it had on, Dealer's will try to take advantage as they will offer you what an F did at auction regardless of package.
Even car appraisal sites really dont care. They only ask if you have the standard option set like Navigation, this package and that.

With that the price delta varies between $3-5K. althoough MSRP may have been $10k delta

Quick Reply: Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)