Old 12-31-14 | 04:06 PM
Razorthin1
Driver School Candidate

http://www.motoringresearch.com/car-...iew-1210958710
Old 12-31-14 | 09:23 PM
Akrkwk
Rookie

Originally Posted by natnut
So basically the RC-F will please 99% of the car enthusiasts while the M4 will fatigue most non-professional drivers due to its unpredictability at the limit?

Got it...
Exactly, in other word, the M4 is equipped with ability and capability to outperform RCF if trained

I would rather drive a car that has capabilities to do more than other cars
Than driving a car that is perfect for ordinary drivers
Drivers can be trained and improve, cars can not
Old 12-31-14 | 09:35 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Akrkwk
Exactly, in other word, the M4 is equipped with ability and capability to outperform RCF if trained

No? Brake pads, Tires, Suspension, sways etc etc etc.

Sometimes you feel one with the car you are driving. Sometimes you don't. Check out Randy's (who is a pro) video 0.3 seconds off. Who knows, if he tried it again it may have been the other way around. Very few will reach his level of expertise from this forum. I have passed plenty of E92 M3s on the track in my ISF (which got pounded by the media) and many have passed me.
Old 12-31-14 | 09:51 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

not everyone has the time and commitment for a lot of tracktime to learn a harder to drive car
Old 12-31-14 | 10:16 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Akrkwk

Be honest, you think a few advanced driving courses will put you even within smelling distance of a professional race car driver's capabilities. Race car drivers who do this daily for a living?

End of the day, a normally skilled driver in an RCF will probably outrace a normally skilled M4 driver on the track.

You bought an M4 that you will have fun racing in a straight line and go moderately fast on a track. Enjoy your purchase and stop trying to justify it to those who will smoke you in their RCF on a track even with their non-professional skills.
Old 12-31-14 | 11:38 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Whats fun about a twitchy car that you have to constantly correct? Unless you like sliding and ruining your tires in drifts I dont see the point.
Old 01-02-15 | 01:02 AM
ArCeeF
Driver School Candidate

Guys, can somebody link the video of chief engineering of RCF saying that they had the idea of RCF before the RC so the RC chassis is completely ready for track or something similar to that?

I saw the video once but I cant find it.
Old 01-02-15 | 04:09 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ArCeeF
Guys, can somebody link the video of chief engineering of RCF saying that they had the idea of RCF before the RC so the RC chassis is completely ready for track or something similar to that?

I saw the video once but I cant find it.
Start at 6:00.

http://youtu.be/K9PdFPKD6G
Old 01-02-15 | 04:16 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TF109B
Whats fun about a twitchy car that you have to constantly correct? Unless you like sliding and ruining your tires in drifts I dont see the point.
It certainly is fun...but not fast.
Old 01-03-15 | 07:31 AM
Moveover
Driver School Candidate

What I understand from most of these reviews is the RCF is a damn good car but they are afraid to give it higher praises then the M4. They always resort to 10/10 performance and on track performance saying the M4 is .1 step ahead of the RCF...

The RCF is a better everyday car that can run with the M4 on the track ( track times as damn near identical ) that's enough reason for the RCF to be the winner not to mention its stunning to look at AND will last longer with a more reliable engine and better looking interior. It has a loud V8 what else could u ask for?

The RCF is the best Power coupe in its class right now but they wont admit it
Old 01-03-15 | 09:34 AM
gs400jon
Advanced

Originally Posted by Moveover
What I understand from most of these reviews is the RCF is a damn good car but they are afraid to give it higher praises then the M4. They always resort to 10/10 performance and on track performance saying the M4 is .1 step ahead of the RCF...

The RCF is a better everyday car that can run with the M4 on the track ( track times as damn near identical ) that's enough reason for the RCF to be the winner not to mention its stunning to look at AND will last longer with a more reliable engine and better looking interior. It has a loud V8 what else could u ask for?

The RCF is the best Power coupe in its class right now but they wont admit it
It's interesting to see, in the side by side video of the same pro driver doing a lap, how much more the M4 steering wheel has to be worked to come out only hundredths of a second faster on a road course.
Old 01-03-15 | 09:51 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

considering the weight its amazing what they did, BUT imagine if it weighed as much as an M4. I want Lexus to stop meeting the competition and to blow them away. They did the same with the ISF. Fast, but no game changer. I want Lexus ( and the fans including me) to stop always having to hide behind the reliability. I want it to kill the Germans and to also be Lexus reliable. They have it in them I just don't know why they don't do it .
Old 01-03-15 | 10:10 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

but it wouldnt be a 5.0 V8, or priced where it is now to weigh the same as an M4. Still impressive to see it hold its own against the M
Old 01-03-15 | 11:24 AM
ArCeeF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISF001
Thanks boss,
the video doesn't seem to work, can I have the title name or something?

Quick Reply: RC F automotive reviews thread