RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F automotive reviews thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-15, 03:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
"Hello, I'm just trying to activate the launch control, I've got the manual here"
i can never understand why they make launch control so hard to setup.

same thing with lfa, couple years ago we had two lfa dragging against each other at pursuit meet (track) and there was a tough time setting up launch too
Old 11-10-15, 05:19 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=aginnt;9248460]RC F vs. M4 on Fifth Gear.

Tiff is awesome!

RC F wins the drag race. M4 suffers from a lack of traction.

...which appears to be the on-going story.
Old 11-17-15, 04:35 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Default EKanooRacing's Super Street V8 Lexus RCF runs 4.40@303 KM/H (189 MPH ) at 1/8 mile

Sick...

Old 11-17-15, 05:42 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Default Drift Contest--M4 versus RC F (2/3)--Fifth Gear

Interesting outcome (again)

Old 11-24-15, 05:25 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Default Which is quickest? BMW M4 versus Lexus RC F

. Way close! The promo image tells the story. BTW: Given the rivalry, I think Fifth Gear could have used a real timer instead of an iPhone. No meltdown here for the F.

Way too close to call given the iPhone. Way to go Lexus!

Last edited by ISF001; 11-24-15 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-24-15, 05:42 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Default 2015 Lexus RC F versus 2012 ISF Standong Half Mile

The RCF trapped 140 mph and the ISF 133 mph.

Old 11-26-15, 04:45 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Default Lexus RC F Track Test-Canada

Old 11-28-15, 08:22 AM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by aginnt
RC F vs. M4 on Fifth Gear.

Tiff is awesome!

RC F wins the drag race. M4 suffers from a lack of traction.

Drag Race Between BMW M4 & Lexus RC-F (1/3) - Fifth Gear - YouTube
The whole comparison video was joke so poorly done.First it wasn't drag strip, I would have been OK with that had it been straight flat road, but instead they perform the test on road course that had turns in it. They started on hill going down wards then banking into turn ending in upward portion of track WTF. How do you perform drag race on wet track, really they did 3 runs with M4 getting wet side of track on fisrt run and what happens he spins and lost the race. They switch sides RCF on wet side it lost they switch sides for last race and M4 lost once again. M4 lost because he was wet side of track and couldn't get traction.

We all know that M4 can experience problem getting traction puts down tons of tq down low and if you not careful you'll spin tires. I wanted to see these two race on equal playing field so we could truly see how they perform against one another on unbiased test. The drifting was complete waste of time and learned nothing. And road course once again was joke they didn't use same driver to perform test, they use I phone for timer really. RCF lost by half sec that the time it take to push stop button, and they put PRO F1 driver in M4 and TV host/journalist in RCF he has some driving skills but no match for Pro driver and what happens M4 wins. On the straight they were hitting same speeds. The RCF with tq vectoring diff,easier to drive at limits with Pro F1 driver would have put down better time. That was good track to show case both cars smaller and technical the RCF heavier but with tq vectoring diff less tq easier to control at limits or M4 lighter weight fast around turns but hard to control at its limit could have been great test instead we got nonsense from Fifth Gear.
Old 11-28-15, 08:48 AM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

To me the best review of RCF today he gets the car. It's strength and it's weaknesses.I especially like how he points out that it may not have adjustable suspension but you can easily swap it out for aftermarket components.

How they point out it's a great GT, DD car that can be enjoyed on track by your average driver.
Old 12-09-15, 11:12 PM
aginnt
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

summary - reliable and fun, but doesn't feel as tossable as it should

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/lexu...s-rc-f-review/
Old 12-10-15, 04:41 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by aginnt
summary - reliable and fun, but doesn't feel as tossable as it should

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/lexu...s-rc-f-review/
Based on this reviewer's shallow experience with the car it is not tossable. I think many of us would argue the point based on experience.

Honestly, economy seems to be a key selection criteria for drivers in the UK. The RC F is definitely not their car. I average 12 miles to the gallon in street performance mode with direct shift enabled.

Owners who drive in town and seek immediate response merely need to keep the F in direct shift mode. How reviewers can expect a car with 8 gears to immediately drop 4-5 gears from a sluggish role is beyond me.
Old 12-10-15, 04:12 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
Based on this reviewer's shallow experience with the car it is not tossable.
I'd never call a 4K+ lb car tossable. And our RC-F is not. A 3K-lb Cayman GTS is tossable, but it's a totally different car than the RC-F. I'd call the RC-F nimble for its weight, which would be an accurate characterization IMO. Semantics I guess, but you just can't defy physics. Other reviewers call it much worse, which I don't agree with either. But just because I own one, wouldn't call it something it's not. We just happen to learn how to drive it quicker than it has the right to, but that doesn't mean it's tossable. It's like calling a 911 has neutral balance, with the freaking engine behind the rear axle. But look how fast you can drive a GT3 in capable hands... or with all the nannies enabled. That shows you extra weight is harder to overcome than the engine at the wrong end of the car.
Old 12-10-15, 04:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
I'd never call a 4K+ lb car tossable. And our RC-F is not. A 3K-lb Cayman GTS is tossable, but it's a totally different car than the RC-F. I'd call the RC-F nimble for its weight, which would be an accurate characterization IMO. Semantics I guess, but you just can't defy physics. Other reviewers call it much worse, which I don't agree with either. But just because I own one, wouldn't call it something it's not. We just happen to learn how to drive it quicker than it has the right to, but that doesn't mean it's tossable. It's like calling a 911 has neutral balance, with the freaking engine behind the rear axle. But look how fast you can drive a GT3 in capable hands... or with all the nannies enabled. That shows you extra weight is harder to overcome than the engine at the wrong end of the car.
man i love your posts!!
Old 12-10-15, 04:59 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
I agree with your comments. In the hands of a capable driver the RC F is nimble. Experienced and capable RC F drivers can extract the best from the car.

With that said this is tossable to me. Jason test drives exotics and wrote an auto column for 8 years for Bloomberg. He is an acquaintance and loves the F.

Last edited by ISF001; 12-10-15 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-10-15, 09:57 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,469 Likes on 1,774 Posts

Quick Reply: RC F automotive reviews thread