RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Just got my invite for a Lexus RC F event!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-14, 09:00 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Diego@Vossen
I also just drove this thing on the track and I was very impressed. We also got to compare the new M4 and the RCF still holds it's own. Amazing car!

Awesome pic. Tell us more about your impressions!
Old 10-29-14, 03:55 PM
ramcanall
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Seats

Originally Posted by macbook1
The track experience was far too brief for my liking, making it hard to decide between the RCF and M4 in regards to the driving dynamics. I was told not to go faster than 50mph on the M4, and the guy 2nd in the pack wasn't keeping up so I was basically riding the brakes the entire run.

The RCF felt like a more modern E92 M3 with a much better motor (almost If BMW were to continue the E92 generation with an additional profiteering package e.g. BMW M3 competition package black series track edition ---ha!) and interior.

Seats were supportive, and looked as sexy as it does in pictures, not sure how it will be for those driving this as a daily. I can imagine they will be too aggressive day in and day out. The gauges were out of this world, as if Nissan GTR engineers meets with Lexus to create a modern technical environment, very nice.

The car handled very well for being 4000lbs. The sharp sweeping turns, it was predictable and dampening didn’t feel too aggressive. The car gripped like crazy and in general feels very solid and well built. The brakes are probably the best thing I’ve ever felt.

Lexus has caught my eye on this one but with the competitors going forced induction AND cutting weight AND going for fuel effiency it almost feels unprogressive? Lexus engineers just basically said “F that! We’re rolling the dice, its too late to go back to the drawing board, we will take a chance that it will sell”

I will say the Audi RS5 guys are ****ting in their pants and sucking on their thumbs when a vicious RCF is seen darting around in their mirror. The M guys will continue to smirk until that wastegate is blown or that nasty rattle is overbearing or when they receive that recall letter in the mail.

For now, I’ll wait until the C63 AMG S comes.

Were the seats adjustable on the thighs and sides like the GS Fsport seats? I ask because I'm considering the trade, but the RC F would be my DD