RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC-F at Nurburgring

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-14, 02:29 AM
ChuH
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RC-F at Nurburgring

Came across this short interesting video, The IS-F seem quite slow.

Old 10-05-14, 07:07 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ChuH
Came across this short interesting video, The IS-F seem quite slow.

Tuned 2015 Lexus RC-F Nürburgring laptime attempt. - YouTube
The ISF is not "slow"--I can assure you that as one of the many owners in this Club, the ISF moves.

The RCF was designed to exceed the performance of the ISF, and based on what I have seen and read to date, the handling capabilities, on both track and road, will deliver performance gains. In particular, the new torque vectoring differential delivers better vehicle management going into a corner and more acceleration coming out of the turn. In this regard, the video clip that you posted makes sense. The RCF may also deliver power better in the mid to upper range.

Undoubtedly, if you compare the RCF and ISF, stock to stock, I expect the RCF will pick up time on a track.

I will take delivery on my RCF in February. I like several of the others in the club making the transition will provide impressions at that time.

The following coverage provides a perspective as well.

2015 Lexus RC F destroys the 2014 IS F on track

http://www.torquenews.com/1083/track...lexus-has-come

Mule at Nurburgring:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GctTLl_3Kh4

Last edited by ISF001; 10-06-14 at 03:33 AM.
Old 10-06-14, 08:48 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard to judge, "X car looks faster than Y car" since you never know the driver's skill level or any of the other extraneous factors. RC F was definitely moving though, that is for sure.
Old 10-06-14, 09:30 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Hard to judge, "X car looks faster than Y car" since you never know the driver's skill level or any of the other extraneous factors. RC F was definitely moving though, that is for sure.
It's very difficult. The consensus among the reviewers who do know both cars is that it indeed is an advancement over the current ISF.

I'll let you know my opinion in February when I take delivery.
Old 10-06-14, 09:47 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

wow the sound of the IS F sounds mean!!!
Old 10-06-14, 01:48 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
It's very difficult. The consensus among the reviewers who do know both cars is that it indeed is an advancement over the current ISF.

I'll let you know my opinion in February when I take delivery.
What is that going to mean (your opinion?).

You disqualify Chris Harris as a BMW fanboy and readily admit yourself to be a Lexus fanboy. Are you going to drive the car as hard as Harris did and then tell us where he was 'wrong'?

Not sure what we are expected to wait for? You driving on the highway at 55 and telling us it rides smoother than the M or sounds 'better'? Is there a detailed review of your F somewhere (I didn't search your post history to see what driving qualities you have so just figured I'd ask)

Not trying to start a fight or be rude but i'm not exactly sure what you're opinion is going to mean. You've clearly bought into whatever Lexus is selling and seemingly have already spent your $85k so the chances of you coming back with anything less than "This car is the greatest thing ever invented' are nill.
Old 10-06-14, 06:05 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by oohpapi44

You disqualify Chris Harris as a BMW fanboy and readily admit yourself to be a Lexus fanboy. Are you going to drive the car as hard as Harris did and then tell us where he was 'wrong'?

Not sure what we are expected to wait for? You driving on the highway at 55 and telling us it rides smoother than the M or sounds 'better'? Is there a detailed review of your F somewhere (I didn't search your post history to see what driving qualities you have so just figured I'd ask)

Not trying to start a fight or be rude but i'm not exactly sure what you're opinion is going to mean. You've clearly bought into whatever Lexus is selling and seemingly have already spent your $85k so the chances of you coming back with anything less than "This car is the greatest thing ever invented' are nill.

Life has taught me in both work and personal life that EVERYTHING boils down to an opinion.

I disqualify Harris' lack of objectivity and false conclusions based on early prototype rides that are far from the cars many of us will be driving late 2014 and early 2015. Where's the science in his conclusion? Call it his opinion, and I am fine with it. However, it has no basis in scientific fact at this point. Let's just say that he has been influenced by BWM--I understand promotion, both self and obligatory. There's no free lunch.

Reality: Have you owned and or extensively driven an M3 and ISF? I have. What's your ride?

Is the RCF the best thing ever invented? No. I can assure you the M4 is FAR from such an ideal. These are two great cars with two VERY different buyers and objectives as well as two drastically difference maintenance philosophies. I dare say that there will be drastically different maintenance report cards when notes are compared at 30-40K miles.

Can you understand what I am saying?

As for my opinion, my view counts in the world of potential buyers, somewhat like me, who are seeking an outstanding high-performance luxury coupe. Am I a race car driver--in my dreams. Not even a bit. But I have logged plenty of hours driving muscle cars, the Shelby Cobra, Aston Martin, multiple years of Vets, M3, and ISF.

I don't need to have credentials as a race car driver to formulate an opinion--do I? I certainly have strong opinions about all of these cars as well.

Question: Do you know what was Nikki Lauda's greatest strength? It was literally his butt--he could literally feel how the car was running and relate that to the engineers who built the Ferrari he was racing. My greatest strength is what my gut tells me, and I have formulated an educated opinion at this point based on my experience with the current F.

If, indeed--and based on what has been said by the majority of prototype reviews--the RCF is that much more of a high-performance car than my current ISF, I'll be in heaven.

I think that I am not alone in this view.
Old 10-06-14, 06:37 PM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Why wouldn't ISF's opinion on RCF be valuable? What better than an owner of the car to share how the car is, better yet he can compare it to the ISF. Sure he is a bit fanatical about the car but he has the right to be. I would imagine he is losing sleep waiting for this thing to come in, he's excited give him a break.

Old 10-06-14, 08:15 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Never said you didn't have the right to post your opinion, just wanted it quantified. Which is why I asked for background. Yes he has passion and I applaud him for it. Knowing the speed limiter, 0-60, etc and hitting them are two different things so I just wanted some perspective.

ISF001, like I said, none of what I said was personal. Just wanted some information on your driving background. Have no intention of making this a p*ssing contest but will tell you i've got 25 years of street and track racing on both car and bike in my history.
Old 10-06-14, 08:33 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Great video. A year from now you'll see the RC F and IS F chasing the GS F

Let the F family grow!
Old 10-07-14, 05:17 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Never said you didn't have the right to post your opinion, just wanted it quantified. Which is why I asked for background. Yes he has passion and I applaud him for it. Knowing the speed limiter, 0-60, etc and hitting them are two different things so I just wanted some perspective.

ISF001, like I said, none of what I said was personal. Just wanted some information on your driving background. Have no intention of making this a p*ssing contest but will tell you i've got 25 years of street and track racing on both car and bike in my history.
The racing I have done I won't discuss here. Let's just say there was plenty off 1+4+0 driving in my past on abandoned highways, and far too much street racing in super hot cars.

There is plenty of muscle car in my past. So yes, I know how to start the car and bump the limiter.
Old 12-12-14, 09:14 PM
Dnfwm
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love my 4 door, but maybe I could be convinced to a 2 door
Old 01-21-15, 08:41 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

SIAP, but does the RC-F have an official Ring lap time yet?
Old 01-21-15, 01:11 PM
Razorthin1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by melbitoast
SIAP, but does the RC-F have an official Ring lap time yet?
Not that I can find. Instead they heavily advertise an AMCI "certified" cone course time. The average Lexus buyer is 61 years old, so I guess that will be good enough propaganda for them. If it's on the internets it must be true, right? lol.

But I'm sure the demographic actually interested in the RC-F would prefer a legit Ring time vs a Lexus showcase comparison. But the fact that Lexus isn't shouting the RC-F Ring time from the mountain tops should tell you everything you need to know. It's slower than the competition.

Having said that, the RC-F is still a great car for cruising around. Which is what 98% of owners will be doing with them.
Old 01-21-15, 01:44 PM
Levi68
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Razorthin1
Not that I can find. Instead they heavily advertise an AMCI "certified" cone course time. The average Lexus buyer is 61 years old, so I guess that will be good enough propaganda for them. If it's on the internets it must be true, right? lol.

But I'm sure the demographic actually interested in the RC-F would prefer a legit Ring time vs a Lexus showcase comparison. But the fact that Lexus isn't shouting the RC-F Ring time from the mountain tops should tell you everything you need to know. It's slower than the competition.

Having said that, the RC-F is still a great car for cruising around. Which is what 98% of owners will be doing with them.
M4 hasn't been "shouting" either with its laptime of 7:52, 2 seconds slower than the more than 10 year old M3 CSL.

Quick Reply: RC-F at Nurburgring