RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC-F Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-15, 02:54 PM
Akiho
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ba2sy
I'm just 2 neighboring cities from you. West of Covina... lol! There's also that Novel guy from SGV but I don't know where he is exactly... I've only seen 1-2 RCFs on the road before I bought my own. I see more RC350s lately. Yea, it would be great to see other RCFs in LA County or SoCal in general... There are more meets in East Coast I think which makes us look bad given that we have almost perfect weather most of the time...
Hi, ba2sy..

How are you, buddy? Thanks for sharing your information and I am glad to hear that there are other RCF owners in the SGV Area. I actually drive once in awhile to West Covina because I have cousins and close friends who live out that way too.

Until now, I have NOT seen another RCF yet. If you see an Ultrasonic Blue Mica RCF, it's me but I do have a rear mounted "Army 82nd, Airborne" frame and a "Space X" front mounted frame. What color is your RCF?

I definitely know what you mean about having such extremely beautiful weather for exotic cars in Southern California. I moved down from Montreal, Quebec, Canada about 16+ years ago and have never looked back. I would never drive my Baby Akiho in that salt infested, frosty snow and pot holes all over the place. Hehe..

I finally saw, another RC350 which makes 5 that I have seen in total. There is a White RC350, "Space X'er" here at work but no RCF's yet..

Regards,
Akiho

Last edited by Akiho; 11-23-15 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-23-15, 03:06 PM
Akiho
Rookie

Originally Posted by mjeds
Well I am in the same area, I drive from Cerritos to City of Industry for Work daily, sometimes I take the 91/605/60 other times I take La Palma to Beach to Whittier to Harbor, and other times the 91/57/60

I've seen 1 other RC-F, a white one going North on Azusa in front of the Puente Hills mall, he turned into Krispy Kreme, I was heading south toward Colima.

I've only seen one RC350 and that was in Cerritos on La Palma and he as pulled over I suspect for for speeding in a school zone @ 8:00am.
Hi, mjeds..

How are you buddy? Yeah.. another RCF Owner in Southern California and in our neck of the woods. Hopefully, I see you around too but I rarely drive the same freeways that you frequent. I am mainly on the 10, 101, 110, and 105 freeways. Only because of work since "Space X" is in Hawthorne. If not, I am mainly around Monterey Park, Alhambra, El Monte, San Gabriel, Rosemead, Arcadia, Rowland and Hacienda Heights. Once in awhile in West Covina area. Hehe.. What color is your RCF?

Regards,
Akiho

p.s. I did post more information and pics on my previous post with another member.
Old 11-23-15, 03:46 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Akiho
Hi, mjeds..

How are you buddy? Yeah.. another RCF Owner in Southern California and in our neck of the woods. Hopefully, I see you around too but I rarely drive the same freeways that you frequent. I am mainly on the 10, 101, 110, and 105 freeways. Only because of work since "Space X" is in Hawthorne. If not, I am mainly around Monterey Park, Alhambra, El Monte, San Gabriel, Rosemead, Arcadia, Rowland and Hacienda Heights. Once in awhile in West Covina area. Hehe.. What color is your RCF?

Regards,
Akiho

p.s. I did post more information and pics on my previous post with another member.

RCF is white.....
Old 11-24-15, 05:39 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

@Akiho,

I've seen a USB RCF and it was in Santa Monica but I don't think it had the US Army and Space X frames. My RCF is an Infrared RCF.

I've been to Ontario, Canada and it's nice. Exotic cars look nice with nature. I guess if we're gona go to places like that, make sure it's not winter time. lol!

So, you're the only Space X RCF? lol! Have you raced him just for fun? Nice pics btw.

@mjeds,

Nice! we're somewhat close to each other. Do you drive your RCF daily? That's about 21 miles one-way. I work from West Covina to East LA and Santa Monica. But I have an apt in LA and I drive to work via my 06 Honda Civic. lol! My RCF is my off/fun car daily drive.

My fwys are almost the same as Akiho's which is 10/110/10 sometimes 605/210/60 fwys.

Ooh... I want to see that PoPo White RCF who loves donuts. lol! jk... Speeding at a school zone @ 0800 is a big speed trap... I've seen 8 cars all at the same time pulled over at one street during school zone time. It was so slow that I felt like I want to speed too d/t frustration but my mind tells me *Slow Down!* cops are everywhere giving tickets. But then, I don't see an extra cop to pull me over. lol!

@topic,
I just got an email from Wawanesa and they gave me an auto-quote.

27 Male, No Tickets w/in 5 years, No accidents
$61/mo or $733/year, $500 Deductible
Very Conservative Full Coverage though thinking if I crash, it won't be totaled.

$15k/$30k Body Injury
$10k Property Dmg
$15k/$30k Underinsured/Uninsured
RoadSide Assistance

Currently, State Farm with higher full coverage for $115/mo +/-

Last edited by ba2sy; 11-24-15 at 05:43 AM.
Old 11-24-15, 03:05 PM
Akiho
Rookie

Originally Posted by ba2sy
@Akiho,

I've seen a USB RCF and it was in Santa Monica but I don't think it had the US Army and Space X frames. My RCF is an Infrared RCF.

I've been to Ontario, Canada and it's nice. Exotic cars look nice with nature. I guess if we're gona go to places like that, make sure it's not winter time. lol!

So, you're the only Space X RCF? lol! Have you raced him just for fun? Nice pics btw.

@mjeds,

Nice! we're somewhat close to each other. Do you drive your RCF daily? That's about 21 miles one-way. I work from West Covina to East LA and Santa Monica. But I have an apt in LA and I drive to work via my 06 Honda Civic. lol! My RCF is my off/fun car daily drive.

My fwys are almost the same as Akiho's which is 10/110/10 sometimes 605/210/60 fwys.

Ooh... I want to see that PoPo White RCF who loves donuts. lol! jk... Speeding at a school zone @ 0800 is a big speed trap... I've seen 8 cars all at the same time pulled over at one street during school zone time. It was so slow that I felt like I want to speed too d/t frustration but my mind tells me *Slow Down!* cops are everywhere giving tickets. But then, I don't see an extra cop to pull me over. lol!

@topic,
I just got an email from Wawanesa and they gave me an auto-quote.

27 Male, No Tickets w/in 5 years, No accidents
$61/mo or $733/year, $500 Deductible
Very Conservative Full Coverage though thinking if I crash, it won't be totaled.

$15k/$30k Body Injury
$10k Property Dmg
$15k/$30k Underinsured/Uninsured
RoadSide Assistance

Currently, State Farm with higher full coverage for $115/mo +/-
Hi, ba2sy..

How are you, buddy? Yes, I am the only Space X'er with an RCF but we have such an enclosed private huge parking facility, there might be one. Hehe.. I always see the same White RC350 parked in the same area. Uh, no, I don't race and have never raced against other drivers. Just not into that kind of thing but I do love to drive fast, just not race because of safety purposes.

Winning or losing is not the case but causing an accident or worst case scenario, causing a fatal accident to an innocent person would haunt me forever. I will leave the racing to the punk kids who have no values for their lives. Anyways, No Offense. To the younger drivers on this forum to who race, it's your life, not mine. Yes, I do get some knuckleheads who tempt me on the streets and freeways but I don't really pay attention to them.

Jeez, you pay only $115 with State Farm and 27 years old? What The heck? I just checked mine and it's roughly $125 monthly at age 43 with no tickets, infractions or even a parking ticket in 16 years with them. Yes, I know parking tickets don't count but I had to throw that in there.

I like your Infrared RCF but the Ultrasonic Blue Mica won me over, like love at first site. Yes, Ontario, Canada is very beautiful but horrible weather and road conditions for everyday exotic cars. Please drive safely and carefully, ba2sy. I know you young guys love to floor it. Heck, even us older, maturer guys do floor it once in awhile too. Hehe..

Anyways, please have a great Thanksgiving with your Family and friends to all Club Lexus Members. Please drive carefully and lots of heavy traffic expected in the next few days.

Regards,
Akiho
Old 11-24-15, 03:34 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

my GT is $401/6m with geico, $500 deduct, 300/300, 4 cars, 3 drivers

Got bored and quoted a Shelby GT350 which came out to be $520/6m, then an RCF for $650/6m
Old 11-25-15, 10:51 AM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread inspired me to re-quote with companies other than USAA who I've had for 20+ years.

Just cut my bill to around 35% of what it was with USAA. $406/6 months with GEICO for the RCF. Overall savings of almost $4000/year between all 4 of our cars.

Last edited by jsmacks; 11-25-15 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-25-15, 07:21 PM
asinow
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

If this helps...

Erie
$523 annual
1k deductible
53 yo
no tickets, no accidents
pleasure use
Single

Originally Posted by jsmacks
This thread inspired me to re-quote with companies other than USAA who I've had for 20+ years.

Just cut my bill to around 35% of what it was with USAA. $406/6 months with GEICO for the RCF. Overall savings of almost $4000/year between all 4 of our cars.

Old 11-25-15, 07:37 PM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Unavailable in HI. I actually checked before GEICO
Old 11-25-15, 09:57 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Man, i know i live in the Great State of La. but it makes me CRINGE when i see these License Plates in the Front Grill! That just SUCKS to be a State Law!
Old 11-26-15, 04:48 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

$523 a year??? Wow. I also run $1,000 deductibles. Heck, I have cars that almost run that a month . . .

Yep, front license plates do sux.

GEICO does have decent rates for those without clean records and higher performance cars. State Farm and Natiinwide seems to have the best rates if driving record is spotless, but I am the absolute worst at taking the time to really shop around for anything to try save a few $$$.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! So nice to be at home, settled for a few days with family and friends. Hope everyone else has a great and relaxing long weekend.
Old 11-26-15, 06:12 AM
asinow
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes, $523. I'm sure having home, life and personal insurance helps with Erie

As for the tag, I live in the state of MD, over regulated eastern state who's copying CA's regs, so yes, a front tag. I'm surprised we aren't required to have side and roof tags to capture us going through the endless speed cameras.

So being older has its perks. When I was pulled over for not having the front tag, I placed it on the dash claiming the bracket was on order. Off I went.

Originally Posted by DougHII
$523 a year??? Wow. I also run $1,000 deductibles. Heck, I have cars that almost run that a month . . .

Yep, front license plates do sux.

GEICO does have decent rates for those without clean records and higher performance cars. State Farm and Natiinwide seems to have the best rates if driving record is spotless, but I am the absolute worst at taking the time to really shop around for anything to try save a few $$$.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! So nice to be at home, settled for a few days with family and friends. Hope everyone else has a great and relaxing long weekend.
Old 11-26-15, 12:08 PM
TexasISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance

43, Male Full coverage with $500 deductible and I'm paying $1475 annually with Republic. Not the best, but I also moved my homeowners so overall I'm saving $700 by switching from Liberty Mutual.
Old 11-27-15, 09:54 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by asinow
If this helps...

Erie
$523 annual
1k deductible
53 yo
no tickets, no accidents
pleasure use
Single
Originally Posted by asinow
Yes, $523. I'm sure having home, life and personal insurance helps with Erie

As for the tag, I live in the state of MD, over regulated eastern state who's copying CA's regs, so yes, a front tag. I'm surprised we aren't required to have side and roof tags to capture us going through the endless speed cameras.

So being older has its perks. When I was pulled over for not having the front tag, I placed it on the dash claiming the bracket was on order. Off I went.

the bigger discount is your pleasure use discount, as you are limited to how many miles per year you can put on the car. usually 7,500 a year.

I fall under the 7,500 pleasure use limit using it as my daily driver so I have the discount as well, if I see I am reaching the max I will offset it by using my 20 year old 4runner for awhile.
Old 12-31-15, 06:37 AM
chaosrob
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1240 a year 250 deductible. I have 9 vehicles insured through them.

Quick Reply: RC-F Insurance