RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Car Cover Options for RC F (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-15, 03:55 PM
cardoc1
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car Cover Options

The best car cover I have found for the RCF is made by Covercraft -The Pattern # is C17836 & you can get it in different materials depending on your needs - I use tan flannel which is a heavy cotton cover with a flannel backing - they last about 5-7 years in normal garage & outside non-rain use.
They are custom fit to only the RCF & fit like a glove ! The cheapest place I have found them is streetbeatcustoms.com but you will have to call them as this is a brand new pattern number. The other place that was very helpful is Big Sky Covers - talk to Greg (I Think) his number is 800-221-4875
Note: for outside use (in the rain) use the Covercraft cover that is like windbreaker material -(Called Weathershield) it works the best & lasts the longest for outside rain & all around use - Do Not use the Kimberly Clark 4 layer material - Called Noah (They Suck) if you cover & uncover the vehicle a couple of times a week, it fatigues and tears/rips at the folds (THEY DO NOT LAST LONG AT ALL !!!!!)

Last edited by cardoc1; 11-05-15 at 04:36 PM. Reason: add
Old 10-27-15, 07:07 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Either of you have pics of them installed and/or of the material. Also, what did you pay?
Old 10-28-15, 01:09 AM
carid
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

toystry, here you can find all car covers available for your model: http://www.carid.com/2015-lexus-rc-car-covers/
One of the best covers we always recommend our customers is Covercraft NOAH Car Cover. It is custom made for your vehicle and designed to provide maximum outdoor protection from acid rain, UV rays, snow, tree sap, bird droppings, dirt, and other airborne contaminants.
Old 10-28-15, 10:32 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by cardoc1
They are custom fit to only the RCF & fit like a glove!
I always buy OEM covers for their fit, even if more expensive than similar ones. Was disappointed Lexus doesn't offer one for the RC-F, and forgot about it. But my buddy toystry seems to be hell bent in making me spend money, and always comes up with more crap to buy. Ha ha.

Anyway, I want an INOOR cover, basically a dust cover. Don't want any heavy stuff, which the sponsor above seems to offer. The quote above seems to fit my bill. But do you actually own it Cardoc? I'd also want to see a picture before even considering one. The other thing is the material. Want the softest possible for the car, since it'll be always indoors. Thank you all.
Old 10-29-18, 06:42 AM
iKamboj
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Car Cover

With winter being right around the corner, I know a lot of people are going to start storing their F's - I know I am at least with the harsh winters we experience here in NYC. With that being said, I am wondering what you guys recommend for car covers. From the research I've done every company claims that their cover is the best and most advanced and every review does about the same. What do you guys use and recommend? I will be storing my car in the garage once its all cleaned out but I need one for now that I can put on and leave my car in the driveway and then use that same cover once it is in the garage. Also, if you guys have any pictures with your cover on your car please post them as well, thanks!!
Old 10-29-18, 06:54 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,502 Likes on 1,801 Posts

I am in the same boat as you. I will be storing my RCF in my underground parking garage and will be looking for a cover. I believe Sparco makes great car covers. There is member here who was selling me his used Sparco indoor car cover last year. It was a great high quality car cover. I might look for one similar to that.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (10-29-18)
Old 10-29-18, 07:01 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Cool

Last edited by GunnyFitz; 10-29-18 at 07:48 AM.
Old 10-29-18, 07:14 AM
e2dag
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

I use one made by California Car Cover. I don't use it for storage but rather as an everyday cover. Since I daily mine, I have to park in an open air parking lot and the sun beats on the car everyday. To protect the car from sun damage I use the Noah All Weather cover. So far so good. I put it on everyday and haven't experienced any tears. Excellent quality as it's pretty thick and fairly easy to put on.
GunnyFitz (11-01-18)
Old 10-31-18, 01:58 PM
RCF007
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Those are awesome! slightly overkill but great.
GunnyFitz (11-01-18)
Old 11-01-18, 06:07 AM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

This is my cover. Very nice indoor cover. This thing has been awesome. Easy to put on/take off. Very thick and soft and custom tailored for the car. I don’t daily mine, rather driven once a week or so due to company car, so this cover does a great job of keeping all the dust off of it!
The following 2 users liked this post by Kramer:
GunnyFitz (11-02-18), nigel821 (12-21-21)
Old 11-01-18, 05:00 PM
2Squared
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

I like the Lexus Racing Racing cover the dealership gave when I bought my RC F

The following 3 users liked this post by 2Squared:
GunnyFitz (11-02-18), Katrcf (11-04-18), SoSlow (11-02-18)
Old 11-01-18, 07:29 PM
Roche
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Kramer, which model from cover King is that and what is the lining like? The look and feel of and thickness seem exactly what I'm looking for. Car is already stored this year with a generic cover that doesn't fit all that great so I want to pull the trigger on a custom cover for next year.
Old 11-01-18, 09:17 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Roche
Kramer, which model from cover King is that and what is the lining like? The look and feel of and thickness seem exactly what I'm looking for. Car is already stored this year with a generic cover that doesn't fit all that great so I want to pull the trigger on a custom cover for next year.

it is thick and heavy feeling. The backing feels like a fleece/flannel while the outside feels silky/sheer. I love it and it goes on super easy! Covers all the way to the ground, with small sections of elastic at the front and rear. Cost was around $250ish and was built to order. Took about 3 weeks. It’s called CoverKing Satinstretch.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kramer:
GunnyFitz (11-02-18), nigel821 (09-27-21)
Old 11-01-18, 09:19 PM
Roche
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Sold! Thanks for the info. I had looked at that one as well as a few other models but there were too many choices.
Old 11-02-18, 04:23 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Cool Whoooaaa !!!

Originally Posted by 2Squared
I like the Lexus Racing Racing cover the dealership gave when I bought my RC
GET OUTTA HERE 2Squared !!!!!!!

I am so livid I was not the recipient of such an awesome "Sounding" Car Cover!! Therefore, would you PLEASE post up as many shots of this on your car?On Google as I type this too- Please Post up the exact Model # or Name for this thing if you don't mind? Thanks buddy!

Quick Reply: Car Cover Options for RC F (merged threads)