RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

test-drove the new RC F and M4

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-14, 04:39 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotatom
You just don't give up do you, someone says anything even remotely negative about the RCF you have to post the same response over and over and over and over again to make sure you get the last word in. If I read the right article the RCF did not get a great review from PCOTY test despite your contact there said they were gushing over the car. It didn't even get into the final three and the Mustang did believe it or not. Im a Toyota/ Lexus fan and have been for many years, we have bought 14 of them over the years, but it is really hard having to see your same posts over and over and over again. Lighten up just a little, so reading this forum is enjoyable again.
Are you an obscurantist? I simply can't believe most of the Club "Lexus" members do not want to hear what Road & Track has to say about the new RC-F.

Some in the thread said Road & Track did not like the car based on the PCOTY. This is yet another grossly incorrect statement.

The test driver told me the car is "Great." The following is what the editorial director said about the car:

"Completely off topic, the RC-F was one of the most pleasant surprises of that PCOTY group for me. Endlessly comfortable—could daily-drive it forever—but wield's Thor's hammer on demand. It's a really great package overall. Feels solid like an old Benz, too."

Alex Nunez
Road & Track
Director

I am sorry if my insistence on fact displeases you. If you can't deal with a factual, intellectual discussion here, there is always another URL.

Next topic...some requested more insight into how the carbon TVD was driven. I can share this with you from Road & Track

It appears that test driver was using the automatic option in Track mode, to achieve the 3.9 runs. This is what Robin Warner has to say:

"Since the RC F runs an eight-speed automatic, best runs come from a straight forward launch procedure: hold the brake for a moment to build revs, release and go. Very easy and repeatable. It was a standstill start, and yes, that’s how we do it. Toyota really knows how to make an automatic work for us."
Old 12-07-14, 04:44 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,386 Posts

Personal comments continue and another thread is closed; several posts in this thread have already had to be removed.

Folks, not everyone's opinions will align and that's ok. This thread was moved here from another subforum and started with a different group of members with different perspectives.

The recurring problem is that a subset of folks rudely comment about the people they disagree with rather than countering or debating their opinion or statement they disagree with. That needs to stop, along with sweeping generalizations.

I going to leave a couple of links as a reminder
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...rsonal_attacks
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...ponse_comments

And although this is a sticky in another forum, it applies here as well
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-f-forum.html

Last edited by DaveGS4; 12-07-14 at 05:05 AM.