RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Brakes Squeeking

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-15 | 05:19 PM
KimberlyT
Driver School Candidate

Default Brakes squeak RCF

I have been reporting squeaky brakes since I bought mine in November too. It sounds so awful to pull up and squeak your way into the lot So I report it every time and they acknowledge it but couldn't do anything about it. Now, they have told me that there are replacement pads that are coming out soon. I have 15k on my car so hopefully it will be a replacement set for me for free!! The dust is awful too. Thanks for all the info!
Old 06-28-15 | 10:14 AM
BAlbright
Driver

My brakes squealed early on but it went away at around 800 miles. Maybe these brakes are squealing having to do with how the car was broken in. I was very gentle on the car for the first 500 miles. The brake dust...well with performance brakes, you're gonna have it
Old 07-16-15 | 04:40 PM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

We have been hearing about the many complaints of the stock pads producing noise and tons of dust and made a couple excellent street compounds available in the RC-F pad shapes- Speed Freaks USA: RC-F Aftermarket brake pad group buy

The Carbotech 1521 compound has been everything you could want in a street driven RC-F, the performance of the stock pads but with no noise and a small fraction of the dust. The Endless pads are for those who are use their RC-F much more aggressively and want to take a substantial leap forward in performance while also reducing the dust levels to about half of what the stock pads produce. Please let me know if you have any questions.

-Matt M.
Old 07-17-15 | 05:25 PM
MrJeager
Driver

Get them warrantied from Lexus - I have 16,000 KM on mine and complained about it a few weeks ago - they replaced the rear brakes and rotors at no cost (because those two were the only ones squeaking).

Now after approx. 1,500 KM of spirited driving - no squeaking . Good Luck.
Old 10-24-15 | 12:18 AM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

This thread is a little old, but I didn't want to create a new one for the topic of brake dust. I love my RC F, but holy crap that brake dust is driving me insane! Covers my beautiful rims with that dark copper tone color. I have the occasional squeak, actually only twice.

Are the Carbotech pads the way to go? I'm looking to keep the braking performance(if not increase), reduce brake dust, and not void Lexus warranty. Am I able to take all three of those home with the Carbotech pads? I probably shouldn't say this, but I'm will to pay the dime for the best and get rid of that dust. I know it comes with the territory, as I've seen this concern in other forums. But I was able to completely eliminate brake dust on my Nissan 350Z when I switched to Akebono pads. It was amazing! I had the 18" Nismo rims, and brake dust on them looked like crap.

Just looking for some advice from people who have changed them. Thanks gents!!

Cheers,
Old 10-24-15 | 01:11 AM
boostedGS
Lead Lap

High performance brake pad compound tend to squeak sometimes because of the harsher metallic compound, nothing abnormal.
Old 10-24-15 | 01:28 AM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

What about the balance of brake performance and brake dust?

And just to make sure, changing brake pads doesn't void Lexus warranty, correct?
Old 10-24-15 | 06:26 AM
gs400jon
Advanced

The polished wheels do a fairly good job of disguising the brake dust.
Old 10-24-15 | 11:19 AM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
Yes, ALL Brembo brakes squeek, from Jeep's to Maserati's....

See the Service Manager, they will likely replace the Brake Pads at no charge...
This is what they had said they would look at doing when i called them, but like i told her WHY would i want you to Replace them with the SAME Lexus Pad that is Squealing to start with!
I put the Carbotech's on & NO Squealing & NO Dust (i haven't noticed Any difference in stopping)
Attached Thumbnails Brakes Squeeking-img_1427.jpg  

Last edited by johnnyreb; 10-24-15 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-24-15 | 12:03 PM
rjmalm
Pole Position

[QUOTE=johnnyreb;9227709
I put the Carbotech's on & NO Squealing & NO Dust (i haven't noticed Any difference in stopping)[/QUOTE]

Where is the best place to get the Carbotech pads for the RC-F? I am tired of the dust and cleaning required for the OEM pads.
Clearly can go here:
http://www.ctbrakes.com that shows the 1521 model for F $261 and R $229
Old 10-24-15 | 12:10 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by rjmalm
Where is the best place to get the Carbotech pads for the RC-F? I am tired of the dust and cleaning required for the OEM pads.
Clearly can go here:
http://www.ctbrakes.com that shows the 1521 model for F $261 and R $229
Contact Matt@SpeedFreaksUSA. That's who i got mine from & i'm sure you can still get the Group Discount (i think it saved about $20) they have 2 different ones, but i got the one for the street cause i won't be tracking it. Let me know if you have any questions. They're a Sponsor on here Yep, the ones you show are $490 & i paid $467 @SpeedFreaks, so $23 difference (that's for the 1521's). I think you'll LOVE'em

Last edited by johnnyreb; 10-24-15 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-24-15 | 12:29 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Yea, I think I'm going to get the Carbotech's for the RC F. Thanks for confirming guys. I just wanted to be sure before I drop that cash.
Old 10-24-15 | 01:04 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by ZiPPyRCF
Yea, I think I'm going to get the Carbotech's for the RC F. Thanks for confirming guys. I just wanted to be sure before I drop that cash.
DO IT ZIPPy, you'll LOVE'em that Pic i took of my tire/wheel hasn't been cleaned in about a week (though i did spray my tire) that's ALL of the Brake Dust & on the Old ones that would have been about 5 miles worth
Old 10-24-15 | 01:46 PM
rjmalm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Contact Matt@SpeedFreaksUSA.
Thanks for the contact.
Old 10-24-15 | 09:02 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
DO IT ZIPPy, you'll LOVE'em that Pic i took of my tire/wheel hasn't been cleaned in about a week (though i did spray my tire) that's ALL of the Brake Dust & on the Old ones that would have been about 5 miles worth
See this is what I love about car forums, you get that piece of mind from somebody else and then you just feel good about the purchase. Then again it's a double edge sword, you see others starting to mod and that just gets you in trouble with the wife. I'm going to try and hold off as long as possible before modding, but that will definitely be hard.

Did you repaint your brake calipers and have them paint on the Brembo name? I never understood why Lexus branded them with their logo, even though they are Brembo. They just want there name everywhere on the car, and I get that but give credit where it's due. In my opinion, showing they are Brembo makes Lexus look better than putting their own name.

Quick Reply: Brakes Squeeking