Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Plenty in SoCal & Florida....

~ Joe Z
Old 11-06-15, 08:16 AM
BrianV
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone want to share what dealers are offering these $9K + finance cash discounts? I'm in Austin and they said there's nobody in the country doing that, etc. etc. Of course, dealers lie. I go to Houston and Dallas once a month and SA twice a month, so no problem to buy a car there.

Park Place has some 25 RCF's, and I bought my wife's Volvo at Park Place and it was the most divine car buying experience, so I reached out to them, but let me know if there are other dealers I should talk to.

At that sort of discount, it brings the RCF to 435i/440i price territory which is quite compelling. If I'm spending near $80K, I'll buy the M4 as it'll have notably better resale given the press. However, I'm somewhat tired of my previous German cars relative unreliability and small annoyances.
Old 11-06-15, 08:25 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by BrianV
Anyone want to share what dealers are offering these $9K + finance cash discounts? I'm in Austin and they said there's nobody in the country doing that, etc. etc. Of course, dealers lie. I go to Houston and Dallas once a month and SA twice a month, so no problem to buy a car there.

Park Place has some 25 RCF's, and I bought my wife's Volvo at Park Place and it was the most divine car buying experience, so I reached out to them, but let me know if there are other dealers I should talk to.

At that sort of discount, it brings the RCF to 435i/440i price territory which is quite compelling. If I'm spending near $80K, I'll buy the M4 as it'll have notably better resale given the press. However, I'm somewhat tired of my previous German cars relative unreliability and small annoyances.
On a dealership with over 25 RC F's in stock..

$10k + discount from MSRP should be a walk in the park..!!

Always negotiate the price of the car first..!!!

Then you discuss lease or finance options..

Joe Z
Old 11-06-15, 09:18 AM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Last night, I emailed a local Lexus dealer and asked for their best price on a new RC-F. Their reply was the usual."Come in to meet us and test drive our white/red RC-F." I wrote back again asking for their best price. Their reply was, "We cannot quote a price, because we do not have an RC-F in stock"!

Last edited by ECL; 11-06-15 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-06-15, 09:20 AM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ECL
Last night, I emailed a local Lexus dealer and asked for their best price, Their reply was the usual."Come in to meet us and test drive our white/red RC-F." I wrote back again asking for their best price. Their reply was, "We cannot quote a price, because we do not have an RC-F in stock"!
LOL that's awesome
Old 11-06-15, 10:25 AM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FR500GT
LOL that's awesome
Fantastic! My local dealership said best the can do is $6k off plus $3k lease cash, only 1 in stock
Old 11-06-15, 11:20 AM
ghoffner
Driver

Originally Posted by BrianV

Sewell Lexus in Dallas
Old 11-07-15, 07:10 AM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Default The plot thickens

Originally Posted by ECL
Last night, I emailed a local Lexus dealer and asked for their best price on a new RC-F. Their reply was the usual."Come in to meet us and test drive our white/red RC-F." I wrote back again asking for their best price. Their reply was, "We cannot quote a price, because we do not have an RC-F in stock"!
Last evening, I emailed eleven Lexus dealers in Phoenix and southern California. I asked for their best out the door price (plus TTL) on an RC-F, listing the color and all of the specific options I wanted. I indicated that I would purchase from the dealer that offered the best price. Only two of the eleven gave me any pricing information other than the MSRP of the car. One offered a $7000 discount with a hint about the $3000 Lexus Financial Services rebate. Another offered a $10,000 discount. Neither gave me the OTD price I requested. No information on fees, etc. A third dealer "estimated" the OTD price. What he quoted was essentially MSRP plus fees and TTL. All the others replied that I should speak with them to learn what a wonderful car this is. Several asked for detailed information about what model I specifically wanted, all of which I had included in my original email. One asked what I wanted my payments to be. All fished for a return phone call. One even asked for me to phone or come into the dealership to discuss how wonderful buying a car over the internet could be! Finally, although I asked them not to contact me by phone, I received seven phone calls!

Last edited by ECL; 11-07-15 at 07:17 AM.
Old 11-07-15, 10:23 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Very easy to get great deal on RCF - I was quoted $689 with tax, 0 down for car with $73k msrp.
That was initial quote.....

I have M3 on order which is a lot more but i need 4 doors for my kid.