RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

any intake there for the RCF ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-15, 08:32 AM
RAMAIR47
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Intake

I am having mine put on as we speak. Got it from Nengun Performance in Japan for $456 and ordered it on Aug 4th and received it last week. Will post pictures tomorrow.
Old 08-27-15, 03:22 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Swacer, if you see ANYTHING that's Cheap for the Lexus let me Know to me, I LOVE the way it looks under the hood with the rest of the blue & with the Blue Mica Especially! & i know it's going to lessen the weight of the car 1-2 lbs. & add somewhere around 3-5 more hp

These are the Smooth Tubes that are on my Viper (2 of them) & supposedly Add 8-10 more hp!
Attached Thumbnails any intake there for the RCF ?-img_0157.jpg  

Last edited by johnnyreb; 08-27-15 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-27-15, 03:57 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
NOW you tell me, Guess i have to order the Blitz intake Filter now like RCF500 I ended up having to go out of town & Hopefully when i get back tomorrow it will be there!

LOL, well honestly any premium high-quality intake filter would help. There's a wide range of options and they're usually readily available so you shouldn't have any problems getting a hold of one fairly quickly.
Old 08-27-15, 04:30 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Interesting...how about the larger throttle body's provided by Icode for the IS-F? There offered on the vipautosaloon website. Does anyone have more info on them?

I tried buying one for my ISF and was unable to, I think they were discontinued is what they told me it was quite awhile I looked into it. The RCF also comes with a larger throttle body than the ISF so it might not be an upgrade for an RCF..

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Folks, a related question: Does anybody know what are the 2 ports on the intake pointing up, right before the throttle body? Never seen that before. Just curious. Thanks.
They go to the cam covers and create vacuum to help relieve crank case pressure.

Last edited by Sylvan; 08-27-15 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-27-15, 07:25 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Guys, i know there's several different filters & is one recommended over the other (oil soaked/dry or any others out there)? Thanks!
Old 08-27-15, 09:52 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvan
They go to the cam covers and create vacuum to help relieve crank case pressure.
Oh, so they're the PCV (positive crankcase ventilation)! Interesting. Hopefully the PCV valves are better than GM's, so no oil gets into the combustion chamber. Thank you for the explanation.
Old 08-28-15, 05:24 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh, so they're the PCV (positive crankcase ventilation)! Interesting. Hopefully the PCV valves are better than GM's, so no oil gets into the combustion chamber. Thank you for the explanation.
So you buy a catch can....
Old 08-28-15, 04:46 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
So you buy a catch can....
Do we need one??? Hope not. That's exactly what I had to do on all my Corvettes and GTO.
Old 08-28-15, 11:15 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Do we need one??? Hope not. That's exactly what I had to do on all my Corvettes and GTO.

The ISF guys are a little slow on figuring out how the system works but RRRacing put out a catch can system for ISF/RCFs and the few ISF guys that are running them seem to be find a fair bit of oil in them.

A long painful read if you know how the PVC system works and if you have had catch cans/oil air separators before you likely do.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...separator.html

You can buy them here

http://www.rr-racing.com/Lexus-Air-O...isfaos0001.htm

Last edited by Sylvan; 08-28-15 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-29-15, 03:55 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

I'm fine with buying one. With the car being DI, you won't have fuel being sprayed to clean off the valves, so keeping oil out of the intake is important early
Old 08-29-15, 06:49 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by Sylvan
The ISF guys are a little slow on figuring out how the system works but RRRacing put out a catch can system for ISF/RCFs and the few ISF guys that are running them seem to be find a fair bit of oil in them.

A long painful read if you know how the PVC system works and if you have had catch cans/oil air separators before you likely do.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...separator.html

You can buy them here

http://www.rr-racing.com/Lexus-Air-O...isfaos0001.htm
Guys, ya'll are Scare-ing me! anyway, i just put my Lem's intake on today & she sure looks Puuurty!
Attached Thumbnails any intake there for the RCF ?-img_1125.jpg  
Old 08-29-15, 09:58 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Guys, ya'll are Scare-ing me! anyway, i just put my Lem's intake on today & she sure looks Puuurty!
How the hell do they get that rainbow color effect.....I want to do my exhaust tips with that blueish color. I heard someone say something about using a material from gunsmiths?
Old 08-30-15, 06:03 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Why is this scaring you? This should be educating you....

Your car is far from perfect (like most cars) and you need to know how it works.
Old 08-30-15, 11:00 AM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by toystry
How the hell do they get that rainbow color effect.....I want to do my exhaust tips with that blueish color. I heard someone say something about using a material from gunsmiths?
One of the Vendors on here has the Exhaust System that has them on their tips, can't remember which one it is but it is Pretty Expensive. Seems like there was one more i saw but it didn't look near as good as the other.
Old 08-30-15, 11:03 AM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by Swacer
Why is this scaring you? This should be educating you....

Your car is far from perfect (like most cars) and you need to know how it works.
Well, IF you Do find a Perfect Car i Doubt you'd be able to Afford it! and i Don't really need to know how it works, that would be my Mechanic (especially as long as it's still under Warranty).

Quick Reply: any intake there for the RCF ?