RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

any intake there for the RCF ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-15 | 12:04 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Well, IF you Do find a Perfect Car i Doubt you'd be able to Afford it! and i Don't really need to know how it works, that would be my Mechanic (especially as long as it's still under Warranty).
Ugh. Dependent people sadden me....

Our society has a real problem with being lazy and not caring how things work. It's important to understand. Living in ignorance is a real shame.

Last edited by Swacer; 08-30-15 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-30-15 | 10:39 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by Swacer
Ugh. Dependent people sadden me....

Our society has a real problem with being lazy and not caring how things work. It's important to understand. Living in ignorance is a real shame.
Schoolboy, i Don't HAVE to Depend on Anybody just so you know! You DON'T Know a Friggin' thing about me to say i'm Ignorant OR Lazy. You come stay with me for a week & see just how Ignorant, Lazy & Dependent i am. Sounds like you're the Ignorant one by judging someone you have Never met & just because i said i didn't need to know about a part on my car while it's still covered under Warranty & my Mechanic would be doing the work on it. I can Promise you i didn't get the things i have in life by being Ignorant, Lazy OR Depending on ANYBODY. I can also Promise you, you Don't have to feel Sad for Me Schoolboy

Last edited by johnnyreb; 08-30-15 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-31-15 | 03:47 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Schoolboy, i Don't HAVE to Depend on Anybody just so you know! You DON'T Know a Friggin' thing about me to say i'm Ignorant OR Lazy. You come stay with me for a week & see just how Ignorant, Lazy & Dependent i am. Sounds like you're the Ignorant one by judging someone you have Never met & just because i said i didn't need to know about a part on my car while it's still covered under Warranty & my Mechanic would be doing the work on it. I can Promise you i didn't get the things i have in life by being Ignorant, Lazy OR Depending on ANYBODY. I can also Promise you, you Don't have to feel Sad for Me Schoolboy
Snore....TLDR

Back on topic

Last edited by Swacer; 08-31-15 at 04:38 AM.
Old 08-31-15 | 03:39 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by Swacer
Snore....TLDR

Back on topic
WHY don't you go hang out in the Camaro Forums, or do you have an RCF?
Old 08-31-15 | 04:51 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Guys, ya'll are Scare-ing me! anyway, i just put my Lem's intake on today & she sure looks Puuurty!
OHHHH!!! This is nice!! Thanks for the pic! As for your question on intake filters, the Blitz or the TOM's racing filters would work well. Even K&N is a nice filter. Whatever fits you best.

Originally Posted by toystry
How the hell do they get that rainbow color effect.....I want to do my exhaust tips with that blueish color. I heard someone say something about using a material from gunsmiths?
One of the Vendors on here has the Exhaust System that has them on their tips, can't remember which one it is but it is Pretty Expensive. Seems like there was one more i saw but it didn't look near as good as the other.
As for the "rainbow" coloring, that is only made by heat treating titanium. Real titanium starts to change color with the introduction of heat. When you run a titanium exhaust it will start changing color as you run your car and the natural heat from the exhaust will start changing the color automatically. The intake that @johnnyreb is running is the LEMS titanium intake. The intake won't change color because there isn't high enough heat to make the reaction happen so it will remain how it is which is nice.

The BEST titanium exhaust right now that has that "blue-ish, purple" color on the tips is Amuse. Powerhouse Amuse has been a long standing exhaust and aftermarket parts manufacturer in Japan that currently makes arguably the best exhaust on the market. It's like nothing else in the industry and nobody has come close to the true blue that Amuse gets from their special STTI titanium.

Check it out...

Name:  11790233_442514889268521_1743664528_o%20600_zpsibzyv9k8.jpg
Views: 1948
Size:  53.7 KB
The following users liked this post:
Steelplayi (01-19-23)
Old 08-31-15 | 04:58 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

WHY don't you go hang out in the Camaro Forums, or do you have an RCF?
He goes on and on and on....

So again. Back on intake topic

Last edited by Swacer; 08-31-15 at 05:04 PM.
Old 09-01-15 | 08:15 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Guys, ya'll are Scare-ing me! anyway, i just put my Lem's intake on today & she sure looks Puuurty!
Nice! I just got back from vacay, so I should get mine some time this week.

You should pair it with the AFE Pro Dry S filter, reusable filter with more air flow! I would've went with TOM's but I heard there are issues with dirt coming in after a few thousand miles in the intake because it doesn't seal right.
Old 09-01-15 | 05:39 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by RCF500
Nice! I just got back from vacay, so I should get mine some time this week.

You should pair it with the AFE Pro Dry S filter, reusable filter with more air flow! I would've went with TOM's but I heard there are issues with dirt coming in after a few thousand miles in the intake because it doesn't seal right.
Thanks for the Tip Buddy, who carries the AFE Pro Dry S Filter? Intake was Really Simple to put on (good thing to all the instructions were in Chinese/Japanese) Post a Pic when you get yours on.
Old 09-01-15 | 06:19 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Thanks for the Tip Buddy, who carries the AFE Pro Dry S Filter? Intake was Really Simple to put on (good thing to all the instructions were in Chinese/Japanese) Post a Pic when you get yours on.
Thank god for Amazon with 2 day shipping!

Don't worry about the IS F part number, it's the same!

Amazon.com: aFe 31-10167 Pro-Dry S Black/Gray OE Replacement Air Filter for 2008-2011 Lexus IS-F V8 - 5.0L: Automotive Amazon.com: aFe 31-10167 Pro-Dry S Black/Gray OE Replacement Air Filter for 2008-2011 Lexus IS-F V8 - 5.0L: Automotive
Old 09-01-15 | 08:55 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by RCF500
Thank god for Amazon with 2 day shipping!

Don't worry about the IS F part number, it's the same!

Amazon.com: aFe 31-10167 Pro-Dry S Black/Gray OE Replacement Air Filter for 2008-2011 Lexus IS-F V8 - 5.0L: Automotive
Thanks Buddy, it should be here by Friday
Old 09-06-15 | 09:10 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Folks, a related question: Does anybody know what are the 2 ports on the intake pointing up, right before the throttle body? Never seen that before. Just curious. Thanks.
there is a port also on our g35x engine that goes to valve covers, but its a single not a double.
Old 12-10-15 | 04:02 PM
Twotwo
Rookie

Sweet keep me posted
Old 12-12-15 | 05:43 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Greetings all,

This is our new titanium intake for the ISF. We will have it fitted and available for the RCF with in 1-2 weeks.

Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 12-13-15 | 03:30 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Greetings all,

This is our new titanium intake for the ISF. We will have it fitted and available for the RCF with in 1-2 weeks.

What's the Difference between this one & the Racing one you have for the ISF, other than the $325 price difference Is it Strictly because this one is made out of titanium I can't see how it could be that much between the two, unless i'm missing something.
Old 12-13-15 | 07:39 PM
weswork
Intermediate

As an FYI it seems as though the RC-F throttle body is a little larger than the IS-F (that may have been mentioned in this thread or elsewhere). It may not make a difference with the Joe-Z or RR Racing pipe but the silicone hose replacement would not swap over in my car. I have the Icode intake and took it off my IS-F prior to trading it. Recently tried to fit it to my RC-F and the inner diameter proved to be to small. Its possible I could have "made" it fit but, that's not how I like to do things. Also, did not want to risk damaging the plastic on the intake box side.

Now if we could only get GruppeM (a Japanese company no less...) to make a ram air intake for our cars I would be happy...

Quick Reply: any intake there for the RCF ?