RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

any intake there for the RCF ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-15, 05:35 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,400 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by jsmacks
Don't forget that vinyl (Apexi) is overall a better choice than titanium due to heat soak. Unless of course.. you're into spending way too much on a pretty blue metal pipe that no one will ever see anyway..

Titanium has nearly 10 times lower thermal conductivity than aluminum, so it is actually a very good material to use for an intake. So for those of you who like the look, heat soak is definitely not an issue with our titanium intake.

That said, the pipe, whether made from titanium, aluminum, or plastic is an inconsequential contributor to heat soak. Keep in mind, you have a massive aluminum intake manifold sitting on top of your engine, that is running about the same temp as your coolant (200+F) with much more surface area than a 90 degree intake pipe.

If you are that worried about heat soak, take off the pretty OEM engine cover (which is actually heavily insulated from below). Willing to bet you Lexus is not tracking the ISF CCSR or the RCF GT3 with an insulated plastic engine cover

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 12-14-15, 08:42 AM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll be putting my pre-order in for this system.

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...as&&brandID=78
Old 12-14-15, 10:54 AM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Raykwon02
I'll be putting my pre-order in for this system.

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...as&&brandID=78
15 hp gain and 17 tq without any dyno graph is a bold claim. Sounds like BS to me. There is an ISF thread that evaluated all the intake for the motor and the best one was the " elbow" and a new filter in the box. AFE while looking cool, is said to make more " intake " sound but once an exhaust is in the picture that sound goes away.. ...

So, any replacement " elbow" that is a heat deterrent paired and a good drop in ( AFE, TOMS, K&N, Blitz, etc) should do the trick. I've never understood why people hype intake claims since they are so easily manipulated with dyno readouts. I'd take form and function over any marketing claim.
Old 12-14-15, 05:52 PM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JB5674
15 hp gain and 17 tq without any dyno graph is a bold claim. Sounds like BS to me. There is an ISF thread that evaluated all the intake for the motor and the best one was the " elbow" and a new filter in the box. AFE while looking cool, is said to make more " intake " sound but once an exhaust is in the picture that sound goes away.. ...

So, any replacement " elbow" that is a heat deterrent paired and a good drop in ( AFE, TOMS, K&N, Blitz, etc) should do the trick. I've never understood why people hype intake claims since they are so easily manipulated with dyno readouts. I'd take form and function over any marketing claim.
I doesn't look like their claiming 'wheel' hp though. I've seen the elbow setup make anywhere from +5whp to +11whp on the ISF(like you said, dynos vary) so they're claim isn't too far fetched as long as they aren't referring to whp. The system is also supposed to match the manifold color, which should look really good.
Old 12-15-15, 10:31 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Raykwon02
I doesn't look like their claiming 'wheel' hp though. I've seen the elbow setup make anywhere from +5whp to +11whp on the ISF(like you said, dynos vary) so they're claim isn't too far fetched as long as they aren't referring to whp. The system is also supposed to match the manifold color, which should look really good.

I have done back to back dyno testing on our ISF. Multiple runs comparing the AFe drop in filter we had vs. NO FILTER. Completely removing the filter made NO DIFFERENCE.

All dyno results on these cars can easily be manipulated and can easily vary by up to 20hp per run.

The other reason some complete intakes show dyno gains is that they actually alter the airflow characteristics through the Mass Airflow housing, even if they use a stock housing diameter. By leaning out the Air/Fuel ratio, you can get some gains, but your ECU uses a wideband 02 sensor and will correct the AFR's back to the target values, thereby negating any gains after you drive a bit.

Last edited by RRRacing; 12-15-15 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-15-15, 10:51 PM
gipsonke
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
Its stunning....but $700 for a tube? Yikes...
Almost got the LEMS - it's very nice. RR Racing is just about to release their (Bent - not section welded)Titanium Air Intake for the RCF/ISF. About $500 bucks.

Old 12-16-15, 06:47 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by gipsonke
Almost got the LEMS - it's very nice. RR Racing is just about to release their (Bent - not section welded)Titanium Air Intake for the RCF/ISF. About $500 bucks.

It is about $500, but we have a really nice introductory coupon that really brings that price down much lower... please PM me if you are interested, with "RCF Titanium Intake CL discount coupon" in the title.

thanks,

Rafi

Old 12-16-15, 09:33 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If this car was turbo maybe 15-20HP but it's not and the intake is great, I see no reason to change it unless it's for looks.
Old 12-18-15, 06:03 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Happy Friday.... we test fitted the intake to an RCF yesterday, we should have the RCF specific silicone couplers by Tuesday next week ready to ship.

Also added some more pics in the RCF vendor forum.

thanks,

Rafi

Last edited by RRRacing; 12-18-15 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-30-16, 10:06 PM
Sawad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello guys i'm looking for an intake upgrade and heard about the APEXI suction kit and the LEMS but i also bumped into the Cold Air Intake System Takeda.

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...0L&&brandID=78

Wanted to know if anyone has any feedback or have installed any one those air intakes ?!
Old 01-31-16, 05:32 AM
Phinatic
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Sawad
Hello guys i'm looking for an intake upgrade and heard about the APEXI suction kit and the LEMS but i also bumped into the Cold Air Intake System Takeda.

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...0L&&brandID=78

Wanted to know if anyone has any feedback or have installed any one those air intakes ?!
I like the design and color, seems to match our intake manifold. But if that's an actual picture, not sure how the OEM breather hoses are going to reach the inlet tubes.
Old 01-31-16, 05:56 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Phinatic
I like the design and color, seems to match our intake manifold. But if that's an actual picture, not sure how the OEM breather hoses are going to reach the inlet tubes.
See: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...ir-intake.html
Old 01-31-16, 06:52 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
^^^^This, i got mine Mostly for the looks Guys, NONE of these intakes are going to make ANY Difference you can Actually feel & Definitely is Not going to Add ANY HP or Torque. I mostly got mine cause it was Purrrrty. It wasn't $700 but was Still waaaaaaay Over-Priced
Attached Thumbnails any intake there for the RCF ?-img_1149.jpg  
Old 01-31-16, 09:51 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

The problem with the RC-F is that stupid intake noise Lexus wanted it to make. It sucks air from the hot engine, so NOTHING will make that better. I tried closing that flap all the time, but the opening towards the 'cold' inlet after the air filter is super small, so it chokes the engine a little near redline. So put it back to stock, but what an idiotic move IMO. At any rate, yeah, the plastic intake is not pretty, but a metal one only makes matters worse in the heat-soak department, so left it alone too.
Old 02-01-16, 11:20 AM
Phinatic
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
^^^^This, i got mine Mostly for the looks Guys, NONE of these intakes are going to make ANY Difference you can Actually feel & Definitely is Not going to Add ANY HP or Torque. I mostly got mine cause it was Purrrrty. It wasn't $700 but was Still waaaaaaay Over-Priced
Trust me, I don't subscribe to CAI horsepower gains. I'm like you, just looking to add a little bling under the hood since there's not much in the engine department that can be modded at this time. A man has to have his hobbies, doesn't he?

Quick Reply: any intake there for the RCF ?