RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Magnaflow exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-15, 09:21 AM
followtheF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So unfortunately, the day after I talked to the magnaflow guy, his boss had a friend who bought an RC-F and they took his car before I could even get back to them. Guess that means waiting for production and paying full price like everyone else now... what a bummer!
Old 03-12-15, 12:34 PM
rjmalm
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

followtheF,
Bummer is right! Maybe they will give you the data to post. I am hoping JoeZ will post his status and data soon as well.
Old 11-20-15, 11:47 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by followtheF
Guess that means waiting for production and paying full price
Was going to start a new thread about Magnaflow, but found this one, so let's continue the conversation here. Did you get the Magnaflow exhaust? All I could find was an axle-back system, which is what I'm looking for due to not wanting the extra drone and noise inside the cabin (wife) from a cat-back system removing secondary cats and resonators. But they must be delusional to charge $1,500 for a freaking cat-back system. Saw a video and it moves all over the place, meaning the hanger studs were not located properly (probably vertical from the car's brackets), which is typical (JoeZ seems to be the best in that regard). Just wanted to see if you have the system so you can provide some pictures and interior noise comparisons. If nobody chimes in, I ran out of axle-back options, so will leave this car alone. And next time buy a car that is available with a proper valved sport exhaust from the factory.
Old 11-21-15, 11:03 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Was going to start a new thread about Magnaflow, but found this one, so let's continue the conversation here. Did you get the Magnaflow exhaust? All I could find was an axle-back system, which is what I'm looking for due to not wanting the extra drone and noise inside the cabin (wife) from a cat-back system removing secondary cats and resonators. But they must be delusional to charge $1,500 for a freaking cat-back system. Saw a video and it moves all over the place, meaning the hanger studs were not located properly (probably vertical from the car's brackets), which is typical (JoeZ seems to be the best in that regard). Just wanted to see if you have the system so you can provide some pictures and interior noise comparisons. If nobody chimes in, I ran out of axle-back options, so will leave this car alone. And next time buy a car that is available with a proper valved sport exhaust from the factory.
Personally I love the sound and quality of my Apexi system with resonators... on my ISF's I ran the borla catback, borla catback with resonators deleted, HKS SSM, and HKS SSM with resonators deleted and this is still my favourite system as there is no *rasp.

Once I get the PPE headers in and installed I can only imagine the sound will be even more enjoyable.
Old 11-21-15, 11:05 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
Personally I love the sound and quality of my Apexi system with resonators.
Haven't heard of that one. Thank you for your recommendation. But before I research it, may I ask you to compare it to stock when just touring in 8th gear? My wife doesn't like extra exhaust noise when cruising. She doesn't mind when I get on it every once in a while. Or in the twisties, which is great. But just not all the time. Rather be able to use the car with her, than having it parked with a very nice exhaust, and having to use another car for traveling. Thanks man.
Old 11-22-15, 11:13 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

The apexi system is great. Very hard to keep on the shelves but a real solid sounding and performing exhaust. We put a non-resonated in a car last week and I must say, I was very surprised that the car had no drone and no rasp.
1-855-998-8726