RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC-F Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-16, 04:47 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Xansol
Can I get information about your firm? I have just got denied arbitration from the NCDS and with over 20 plus people on this post with the same issues.... I would like to know if class action is necessary.

Thanks.

Xan
No issues here at 5,000 miles. Could it be restricted to a specific Production period?
Old 01-07-16, 08:38 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

i have a new OEM fuel pump in box if anyone wants one fo purchase. I bought it when this fuel pump scare came about
Old 01-07-16, 08:50 AM
rjmalm
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
No issues here at 5,000 miles. Could it be restricted to a specific Production period?
Same here, no problem. 13,000 miles. Car serial 2669 build of 4/2015
Old 01-08-16, 02:04 PM
wordsworth
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone been able to check if the 2016 models use the same fuel pump as the 2015s?
Old 01-08-16, 04:00 PM
Ca1avera
Driver School Candidate

Took mine in for squeaky brakes and humming sound from engine with power lag at 1/2 gear. Rc f tech (according to dealership) went with me on a test drive. He said all were normal for rc f - tf lol so I said for the first 10k miles there was no humming could he at least run it by Lexus. He said leave the car and he will look at it. 6 hours later they call and say fuel pump will be replaced and brake pads with newer part number as well but all parts had to be ordered. Happy so far.
Old 01-08-16, 06:40 PM
6i9
Driver

Originally Posted by Ca1avera
Took mine in for squeaky brakes and humming sound from engine with power lag at 1/2 gear. Rc f tech (according to dealership) went with me on a test drive. He said all were normal for rc f - tf lol so I said for the first 10k miles there was no humming could he at least run it by Lexus. He said leave the car and he will look at it. 6 hours later they call and say fuel pump will be replaced and brake pads with newer part number as well but all parts had to be ordered. Happy so far.
On your repair invoice order, did they mention what the new part number is so we can compare it to the old one? I wonder if this is a recent development.
Old 01-08-16, 06:49 PM
Ca1avera
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 6i9
On your repair invoice order, did they mention what the new part number is so we can compare it to the old one? I wonder if this is a recent development.
Sure, will post part numbers when I get the car back next week.
Old 01-09-16, 04:38 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by 6i9
If I read it right... The brake pads will be replaced with the new parts numbers that resolve the squeaking..

As far as I know, there is NO new progress or LSB issued for the RC F fuel pump.

So chances are it's replaced with a new one of same existing part number.

And hopefully the issue is resolved for them permanently..

The good / bad part is that not all fuel pumps are problematic.. And for the ones who have had them replaced once or more than once is not a good sign either..

It's cearly a vendor issue and clearly still ongoing

Joe Z
Old 01-11-16, 10:48 AM
6i9
Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z
If I read it right... The brake pads will be replaced with the new parts numbers that resolve the squeaking..

As far as I know, there is NO new progress or LSB issued for the RC F fuel pump.

So chances are it's replaced with a new one of same existing part number.

And hopefully the issue is resolved for them permanently..

The good / bad part is that not all fuel pumps are problematic.. And for the ones who have had them replaced once or more than once is not a good sign either..

It's cearly a vendor issue and clearly still ongoing

Joe Z
Oh yeah you're right he said the brakes have a new part number not the fuel pump. D'oh.
Old 01-11-16, 02:45 PM
ILoveMyRCF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sraesmit
Getting mine replaced this week. Lexus techs are coming out to take picoscope data. From what the tech has told me, the pump in the RC-F is a new model with a variable 3 setting range. He and the tech speculates that there may be a voltage issue with the pump or to the pump.

I've also noticed some starting issues when I park on a incline or decline. Don't know if it's related but I'm going to bring it up.
Yes! When I'm on and incline or decline I have to depress the brake and hold the push the start for an additional amount of time!
Old 01-11-16, 05:23 PM
Ca1avera
Driver School Candidate

the fuel pump part # is 23220-38090
yeah the pads they said were a new part # so they swapped them
Old 01-11-16, 05:36 PM
SleepKing
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ca1avera
the fuel pump part # is 23220-38090
yeah the pads they said were a new part # so they swapped them
For the new brakes, did they warn or mention that it will have a decrease in stopping power?
Old 01-11-16, 05:56 PM
Ca1avera
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SleepKing
For the new brakes, did they warn or mention that it will have a decrease in stopping power?
Advisor just asked how i use my car. I said just as a daily and to make Priuses **** on their 50 mpg engine here and there. He just laughed and left it as that. I did see the bulletin that mentioned loss of performance on track might be possible. No track here.

Last edited by Ca1avera; 01-11-16 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-11-16, 11:55 PM
RcfRey
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Last 4 digits of my VIN are 3169, am I in the clear with the fuel pump issues? Just purchased the car, 800 miles so far seems to have a PDI signed and dated back in May 2015
Old 01-12-16, 12:47 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by RcfRey
Last 4 digits of my VIN are 3169, am I in the clear with the fuel pump issues?
VINs are irrelevant on this car because Lexus bundles it with regular RCs. Mine is a 06/15 build, and has a VIN of 3935, so yours seems to be an early build. Definitely potentially affected, as is mine as well. If Lexus changes the vendor/design/etc., then I'd have no problem switching it ONCE... and when it starts making noises. Some owners were told no new pump until it fails; that's retarded, and totally unacceptable to anybody, especially a $70K to $80K Lexus. Good luck.

Quick Reply: RC-F Fuel Pump