RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC-F Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-16, 12:40 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Just an FYI. I now have an open case with Lexus too. I spoke to them and they literally could have given two ****s. I'm like hi, I bought a damn near 80k car and it's having issues. Your motto is the pursuit of perfection and my brand new car isn't perfect. Fix it!! " we know about the issue and were working on a fix....we will keep you notified when a fix is available ". Likewise a registered a formal complaint about the brakes. I bet BMW owners Mercedes owners Corvette owners Porsche owners Are not in need of brakes after 12-15k. If Alexis doesn't step up I might dump the car and get an AMG C63s since I got connects at MB. Renntech tune off the brake if that's the case.
Old 06-28-16, 12:41 PM
wordsworth
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JB5674
Just an FYI. I now have an open case with Lexus too. I spoke to them and they literally could have given two ****s. I'm like hi, I bought a damn near 80k car and it's having issues. Your motto is the pursuit of perfection and my brand new car isn't perfect. Fix it!! " we know about the issue and were working on a fix....we will keep you notified when a fix is available ". Likewise a registered a formal complaint about the brakes. I bet BMW owners Mercedes owners Corvette owners Porsche owners Are not in need of brakes after 12-15k. If Alexis doesn't step up I might dump the car and get an AMG C63s since I got connects at MB. Renntech tune off the brake if that's the case.
F'ing Alexis at it again.
Old 06-28-16, 01:41 PM
Bayernfan
Driver School Candidate

No car is immune, especially not AMG. I have a S63 (suspension issues, intake manifold warping,etc) and if you get the C63S, join the AMG Private Lounge and you will see numerous complaints. In fact, one person was so frustrated that he emailed the MB CEO in Germany to see if anything would happen. The next day, MB USA called and fixed his issue promptly.

Although, I do agree with you that if it isn't perfect, it should be corrected without too much hassle.

Oh, and be prepared to replace your rotors every time you get a pad replacement with the AMG. AMG parts are quite a bit more expensive than MB parts, but if you got a connection, probably won't be a factor for you.

Old 06-28-16, 02:16 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm not sure what people's background are, but we manage our expectations. Anything designed for high performance doesn't have the wear of items built for longevity This includes tires and brakes. You can get 25-30k from tires, but they won't be PSS. This is my second car with factory Brembos and 15k is acceptable imo. Learn to change them yourself. They are racing brakes and pads are meant to be changed at the track. Sign of the times, minimum wage is $15 a hour and $80k doesn't buy perfection.
Old 06-28-16, 02:19 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by wordsworth
F'ing Alexis at it again.
Coming up on the main stage, the lovely....Alexis!
Old 06-28-16, 02:45 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Bayernfan
You need to read a few posts above yours. There will be a software update available in late July to address the issue(or nonissue according to some). Dont drive in ECO mode and noise shouldn't return.

Also, I don't think its the fuel injectors. The noise in my car was near the fuel tank and was noticeable at RPMs above and below 1200(my kids were the first to hear the noise sitting in the back seats). And the noise continued for about 3 seconds after the car was turned off.

So there will be no backlash, never been stranded or towed. Just relaying info to those who are searching.
Don't drive in ECO mode period......haha... I seriously think this car wasn't made to be driven in ECO mode from the get go....
Old 06-28-16, 05:17 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am sure the MB will last longer then the Lexus, the German cars last forever said no one ever. Enjoy you AB services I will enjoy my 77$ oil changes every 5k until 120k miles lets see who spends more.
Old 06-29-16, 05:28 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you feel better now? Cause your rant is a bit excessive and lacks direction.

For the record....Corvette owners CAN replace brakes at 10-12k miles depending on the trim and how they drive. Heck, my 2010 genesis coupe ate its first set of brakes at 13k miles (stock Brembos), while the brembos on my Camaro are 10/32s at 10k miles. Both cars are driven the same way, but different parts create different life spans.

Comparing brand A to brand B, while not specifying the TYPE of car, the TYPE and BRAND of parts on it, you're comparing and apple to an elephant.

Also keep in perspective that price is driven by what level of vehicle you buy. An RC-F is a luxury sports coupe. You are payin 80k (and you were quite stupid if you paid 80k for it...) to bare the Lexus name, a few nicer materials, and some luxury thrown in. Is the car nice? Sure, but simply throwing out a price and expecting it to be perfect is just baseless.

Good luck with an AMG...you will get to know your service department well, along with what days the coffee is best in the showroom, because you'll be walking around it a lot.

Last edited by Swacer; 06-29-16 at 05:31 AM.
Old 06-29-16, 07:33 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Well I think I jinxed myself, I made a comment on this forum just yesterday. What a coincidence that my fuel pump just started making noise on my way home today. So people what should I expect? Making an appointment to drop if off at the dealership tomorrow morning. Hopefully it's a one day job.
Old 06-30-16, 12:52 PM
Bayernfan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
I am sure the MB will last longer then the Lexus, the German cars last forever said no one ever. Enjoy you AB services I will enjoy my 77$ oil changes every 5k until 120k miles lets see who spends more.
It is comparable. For all AMG services to 120K (which equate to only 12 visits), about $6000 (at my dealer) Oil changes are every 10K

For all the RC F services to 120K (22 visits,not including first two free oil changes) , about $6000 (at my dealer in Houston) Your dealer charges much less than the one I use, oil change is $100. But it's the most convenient to work and home so I don't mind paying.

So in Houston, comparing two vehicles, equal cost.
Old 07-01-16, 03:39 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

It's not cool at all the these are having these issues . We all love our F cars but that doesn't mean you can't vent a little . I can only imagine how frustrated I would feel if I had this issue with a used car let alone a new 75k car that is known for reliability. Give the dude a break.

Bottom line is NEVER EVER EVER buy a new car the first year. Ideally avoid them until year 3-4 of the model generation . Went through this very disappointing BS with my new 07 GS350 with rattles, and 07 LS460 with the wind noise and vibration. It literally ruins the ownership experience .

Last edited by I8ABMR; 07-01-16 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-01-16, 04:34 PM
CYKBC
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

MY15, $80K MSRP, 8.5K miles in, lots of urban driving and LA freeway traffic work, zilch issues as expected and demanded. I avg 16mpg so obviously rev where I can; thoroughly enjoying this beast. My other coupe is a GT3 for reference. The RCF holds its own.

Sorry to hear for those affected, but it sounds like Lexus should release a fix soon.

Last edited by CYKBC; 07-01-16 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-06-16, 07:54 AM
Sal11585
Driver School Candidate

Default Another update

The noise has still not returned and its been almost 2 months. Ever since my last post when i turned off eco in the settings on the dash cluster , updated my software and i been using sunoco gas also.
Old 07-06-16, 10:33 AM
Gatie
Rookie

GOOD NEWS (I think and I hope). I received a call this morning (8:30) from the Service Manager at the dealership. He said they have the "fix"....software update. I dropped my car off at 9:30. I will let everyone know what happens when I pick it up on the way home.
Old 07-06-16, 11:46 AM
rjmalm
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatie
GOOD NEWS (I think and I hope). I received a call this morning (8:30) from the Service Manager at the dealership. He said they have the "fix"....software update. I dropped my car off at 9:30. I will let everyone know what happens when I pick it up on the way home.
When you go in can you get any Lexus documentation or details of what this fix does and post it? Thanks.

Quick Reply: RC-F Fuel Pump