Search this Thread

Old 07-08-16, 03:09 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by NotADood
It shouldn't.

Lexus Master Tech here,

I was informed that the update simply increases the voltage to the fuel pump enough to stop the noise.
Logically explained. Thank you!
Old 07-09-16, 03:54 PM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see lexus stepped up and came up with a fix
Old 07-13-16, 10:20 AM
Gatie
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it has been a week since I had the software update and......the fuel pump noise has NOT returned!!!
Old 07-13-16, 10:40 AM
des2k3ised
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gatie
Well, it has been a week since I had the software update and......the fuel pump noise has NOT returned!!!
Please keep us in the loop.

Has anyone else gotten this update?
Old 07-13-16, 11:24 AM
Gatie
Rookie

Originally Posted by des2k3ised
Please keep us in the loop.

Has anyone else gotten this update?
2 of us posted on 7/6 that we just got the software update. I believe the other person was yooniverse.
Old 07-14-16, 02:47 PM
Akiho
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gatie
2 of us posted on 7/6 that we just got the software update. I believe the other person was yooniverse.
Hi, Club Lexus Members

Good afternoon and how are you? Well, I had the humming Fuel Pump Noise for over a week and finally got a chance to bring it to my dealership (Longo Lexus in El Monte, CA). I dropped it off on Saturday, July 9th @630am and my Service Advisor called me around 130pm. I was dreading and scared that my fuel pump went out but fortunately, it's a software glitch and it only needed an update, that's it.

I was given a Lexus IS 4 cylinder loaner from my advisor with no questions asked. I do have a 6 year extended warranty too. Not that it was needed but I had to throw it in there. If you hear a weird low humming or blow dryer like noise. Please do not panic and think it's something major. Hopefully, it's the same minor problem that some of us are having. Just take it to your nearest local Lexus dealer and have them update your software for the fuel pump.

My RCF is a 2015 Ultrasonic Blue Mica with approximately 15,200 miles and the noise happened. This also happened a few weeks after that Navigation Dystem Glitch too. Both problems are separate incidents, by the way. I had them both corrected and fixed.

Hopefully, we don't have any more problems with our RCF's.

Regards,
Akiho
Old 07-14-16, 06:20 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Akiho
Hi, Club Lexus Members

Good afternoon and how are you? Well, I had the humming Fuel Pump Noise for over a week and finally got a chance to bring it to my dealership (Longo Lexus in El Monte, CA). I dropped it off on Saturday, July 9th @630am and my Service Advisor called me around 130pm. I was dreading and scared that my fuel pump went out but fortunately, it's a software glitch and it only needed an update, that's it.

I was given a Lexus IS 4 cylinder loaner from my advisor with no questions asked. I do have a 6 year extended warranty too. Not that it was needed but I had to throw it in there. If you hear a weird low humming or blow dryer like noise. Please do not panic and think it's something major. Hopefully, it's the same minor problem that some of us are having. Just take it to your nearest local Lexus dealer and have them update your software for the fuel pump.

My RCF is a 2015 Ultrasonic Blue Mica with approximately 15,200 miles and the noise happened. This also happened a few weeks after that Navigation Dystem Glitch too. Both problems are separate incidents, by the way. I had them both corrected and fixed.

Hopefully, we don't have any more problems with our RCF's.

Regards,
Akiho

Good to hear. Thanks for the update, Akiho.
Old 07-15-16, 08:48 PM
EGLIDE
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ECM Update

I had my ECM re-flashed today.
Brief history: I had a new fuel pump put in at 4300 miles after a number of similar but not identical recurring intermittent noises from the fuel pump area. The noises re-appeared within a few hundred miles after the new fuel pump was installed. Lexus field tech heard the reoccurring noises at around 7500 miles. I did not hear the noises for the next 1000 +/- miles after that.
The work order said that the dealer tech heard the noises coming from the low pressure fuel pump. The car now has about 8500 miles on it. After the "re-flash" the car sounds and drives fine with no obvious, if any, differences in acceleration. It does seem to idle more quietly, but I cannot tell if
it is actually quieter or it is just my imagination.
Old 07-16-16, 04:25 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

I'm wondering if we all should be getting the update (or if the dealers will apply it), for those without the noises (yet).
Old 07-16-16, 08:31 AM
estoyf
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have my 5k service on Monday and will be requesting the update be done. I do not and have not heard the dreaded noise. I'll keep you guys posted whether they perform it or not
Old 07-18-16, 07:43 AM
estoyf
Rookie

Update - Fields Lexus in Jacksonville said they won't perform the update unless I'm having the fuel pump issue
Old 07-18-16, 10:07 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,555 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by estoyf
Update - Fields Lexus in Jacksonville said they won't perform the update unless I'm having the fuel pump issue
I called my dealer and asked if they'd do it on mine even if I haven't heard the noise. My service advisor said yes. So, if I were you, I'd insist to get it done as a preventive measure.
Old 07-18-16, 10:09 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by estoyf
Take it to another dealer or just say you have the noise. This is a fix that should affect all RCFs which is why it is out there. We should all (USDM) be running the same ECU programming code so it doesn't segregate.
Old 07-18-16, 10:32 AM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If it ain't broke don't fix it
Old 07-18-16, 01:17 PM
estoyf
Rookie

I caled the other local Jacksonville area Lexus dealership, Lexus of Orange Park - and they too told me they won't perform it unless I'm having the issue. I insisted and even said it should be done as a preventative measure, but the service advisor told me the same thing - they won't do it unless I'm having the issue.

I'm not too worried about it for now

Quick Reply: RC-F Fuel Pump