RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC-F Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-19, 09:09 AM
RCFCoop
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Koreatown
Hello, having the same problem with the humming noise coming from under the front seat. I went to the dealership and they said they need to run a diagnostic and some test to see if its the fuel pump. Based on their research the car has had the recall already done. Is there anyone that had the humming sound come up again after the fix?
They tried the same thing with me, then told me it was the amp and everything else. Then I was told they could not replicate. I spent the next two weeks recording videos of the sound in my car and brought those back to the service advisor who finally fixed it. Good luck
Old 03-05-20, 01:12 PM
cvt
Racer

Received 547 Likes on 363 Posts

I've got the humming / pulsing noise. Got my RCF from a dealer on Saturday and during the test drive there were no unusual sounds similar to what I am experiencing now. Been reading this full thread and I do remember filling up with Shell gas and made my 75 mile trip home form the dealer. When I got home the humming and pulsing noises started. Coincidence? I'll still try to get the tsb done.. In the meantime I still have 1/2 a tank left...lol.
Old 05-11-21, 06:35 PM
MadeNjapan
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

I too, have this issue and took it to a Lexus Dealership here in Sugar Land, TX. Sterling Mccall I believe it was. I even printed out the TSB that someone had posted on here and the technician still had no clue what it was. He also said he can't do a reflash unless he can actually hear the noise himself (for some reason it didn't make a loud hissing noise when I needed it to happen the most). Then the technician told me since the Manager isn't here today, he can't approve a reflash and have to come back (this Thursday). I didn't receive a follow-up notice on my appointment so I called today to find out all the information that I gave to the guy, wasn't even in the system and of course, my appointment wasn't booked...

If someone can help me out on how to go about this, I'd greatly appreciate your help.

Old 05-11-21, 07:48 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,786 Posts

You should talk to the manager. They should reflash your ECU if you are experiencing the hissing noise. No questions. I am sure the manager will be able to authorize it.
Old 05-11-21, 07:50 PM
MadeNjapan
Rookie

Thanks as always I'll talk to the manager on Thursday
Old 05-11-21, 11:45 PM
cvt
Racer

Originally Posted by MadeNjapan
I too, have this issue and took it to a Lexus Dealership here in Sugar Land, TX. Sterling Mccall I believe it was. I even printed out the TSB that someone had posted on here and the technician still had no clue what it was. He also said he can't do a reflash unless he can actually hear the noise himself (for some reason it didn't make a loud hissing noise when I needed it to happen the most). Then the technician told me since the Manager isn't here today, he can't approve a reflash and have to come back (this Thursday). I didn't receive a follow-up notice on my appointment so I called today to find out all the information that I gave to the guy, wasn't even in the system and of course, my appointment wasn't booked...

If someone can help me out on how to go about this, I'd greatly appreciate your help.

i made a video of the noise with my phone so that they can perform the reflash.
The following users liked this post:
MadeNjapan (05-12-21)
Old 05-11-21, 11:59 PM
MadeNjapan
Rookie

Originally Posted by cvt
i made a video of the noise with my phone so that they can perform the reflash.
that is a great idea. I'll do that tomorrow. Thanks so much for the advice
Old 05-12-21, 12:27 AM
cvt
Racer

that is a great idea. I'll do that tomorrow. Thanks so much for the advice

Well don’t be stingy...hit my comment for a “like”. lol
The following 3 users liked this post by cvt:
05RollaXRS (05-12-21), MadeNjapan (05-12-21), Yri (05-12-21)
Old 05-13-21, 12:31 PM
MadeNjapan
Rookie

Just came back from the dealer after the Reflash was done. They also checked 60 other check-points and everything was good.
Question to everyone...after doing the Reflash, is it just me or does the car shift smoother now? Also the rev matching is a lot smoother. Or is it just me thinking positive?
Old 05-13-21, 01:12 PM
cvt
Racer

Just came back from the dealer after the Reflash was done. They also checked 60 other check-points and everything was good.
Question to everyone...after doing the Reflash, is it just me or does the car shift smoother now? Also the rev matching is a lot smoother. Or is it just me thinking positive?
Its just you 🤣
Old 05-13-21, 01:28 PM
MadeNjapan
Rookie

Originally Posted by cvt
Its just you 🤣
LOL okay I figured so but needed someone to knock me on the head Thanks
Old 05-14-21, 10:32 AM
LoSt180
Advanced

Received 602 Likes on 327 Posts

It's probably smoother because the reflash also resets all learned behavior. How you drive the car for the next couple hundred miles will affect the new learned shift points, etc.
The following 2 users liked this post by LoSt180:
MadeNjapan (05-14-21), Yri (05-14-21)
Old 05-14-21, 11:21 AM
MadeNjapan
Rookie

Originally Posted by LoSt180
It's probably smoother because the reflash also resets all learned behavior. How you drive the car for the next couple hundred miles will affect the new learned shift points, etc.
wow didn't know that. Thank you for that advice
Old 09-29-21, 07:15 AM
BrandonX
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

I know this is an old thread, but hoping someone can help me out.

I have a used 2015 RC F that already had the fuel pump changed prior to my ownership (based on the service history from lexus). However, the car is making what unanimously seems like the loud fuel pump noises. A few questions:
  • If they changed it already (I assume it was under warranty/TSB the first time). Will I have to pay out of pocket to change it again?
  • How much does a fuel pump change cost from Lexus on one of our vehicles out of pocket?
  • What are the negatives if I do nothing? the sound is annoying, yes. But not worth changing if it's expensive and won't harm the car IMO.
Please let me know if you have experience with this! Thanks
Old 09-29-21, 07:31 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,786 Posts

I would take it to the dealership and have it replaced. Since there is a TSB out for it, they can try reflashing the ECU and most likely it will go away. Otherwise, I am sure Lexus will replace it under 'goodwill warranty' knowing it is an issue with some of the low pressure fuel pumps in the back. If you don't get it replaced, it could potentially damage your engine due to fuel starvation over time.

Quick Reply: RC-F Fuel Pump