Search this Thread

Old 07-11-15, 10:19 AM
rjmalm
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rjmalm
Orange peel reflection.
An update:
I was able to find 2 other new RC-Fs in Infared and document how the paint looked by using a camera and a sunlighted b/w paper target about 3-4ft from the car and with the camera behind it. (see attachment is earlier post). I rated each panel on a 1 to 10 scale where 10 was gloss like a window surface. (see attachment to this post). I also found I could do like detailers do and use a floodlight in my dark garage and photograph the reflections and rate the lamp edge in the reflections. The license area, and sides of the trunk lid on each side of the license are and the rear bumper were where the most peel was seen. (plastic panels by the way).
Bottom Line: my documentation was presented to 2 Lexus service reps and and my very helpful salesperson, Eric Proudfit. The Mesa SS Lexus GM, Brent Adkisson, agreed to the repair of the areas what were worse than what the two other typical paint surfaces displayed. My car paint repair was done a Body Pro in Gilbert. They do fine work, new images look very good. Lexus really came through for me!

Now to recoat the repaired areas with Ceramic Pro and add some PPF to the rocker panel bottoms and front bumper and I am good to go on another road trip. 8300 miles on it since May.
Attached Thumbnails Do you have any orange peel in you RC-F Paint-compare.jpg   Do you have any orange peel in you RC-F Paint-malms-lexus_rc_f_2015-rear.jpg