RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

What Have You Done To Your RC F Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-16 | 06:01 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by siredward
I put in my Dashmat today. I decided on red although I was worried about a reflection from the windshield or other unforeseen side effects. After driving around with it for a week (not fastened down), it seems to work fine, so I fastened it down. There are cutouts for the vents along the windshield and the day/night sensor.

From here:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/dashmat-das...69524y2015g2j1

you must be blind
Old 05-30-16 | 10:11 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Agreed! Just have to worry not to get in trouble with the cops here in CA.

-Josh
Tint on the windshield in any state is illegal but the 70% is clear so you cant really tell its on. Only way a cop would know is if they pulled you over and scratched the inside of the windshield to test it then you're screwed lol.
Old 05-30-16 | 10:37 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
Tint on the windshield in any state is illegal but the 70% is clear so you cant really tell its on. Only way a cop would know is if they pulled you over and scratched the inside of the windshield to test it then you're screwed lol.
Not sure if that's entirely true. The 3M on my car has a blue tinged reflective property, especially noticeable with polarized sunglasses. LE can spot it immediately.
Old 05-30-16 | 10:39 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by lexusnutt
Not sure if that's entirely true. The 3M on my car has a blue tinged reflective property, especially noticeable with polarized sunglasses. LE can spot it immediately.
Interesting, I haven't tried looking at it with polarized sunglasses. At least with regular sunglasses, or with the naked eye you cant tell.
Old 10-10-16 | 05:05 PM
riotfoto
Driver School Candidate

well didn't do this today but did it last Thursday... Ark Performance CatBack exhaust. I'm blown away at the great sound this system is producing and the nice rumble at low speeds.

Old 10-11-16 | 11:40 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

To make sure you are protected from the LEO's fast ticket writing abilities, just get a note from your primary care doc or eye doc about your "light sensitivity condition" which makes it necessary to have tinted windows for your vehicles. That note should apply to all vehicles you own and drive. Just keep a copy in the glove box just in case you get stopped (other members of the family and friends driving your car is covered too since one can't just deactivate the tint with a switch as it is stuck on the windows /windshield ). Just be nice to the LEO and let the windows down (especially at night so LEO can see what's happening inside your vehicle and to show you have nothing to hide and pose no threat to the LEO) if you get stopped as most LEO 's understand this especially in sunny states. Also stay in the vehicle unless told to get out. Make sure to keep both hands on the steering wheel and ask before making any sudden moves.

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Agreed! Just have to worry not to get in trouble with the cops here in CA.

-Josh

Last edited by lexusrus; 10-12-16 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-13-16 | 09:37 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

[/QUOTE]

those burnt tips look awesome on your blue car man!
Old 11-13-16 | 02:55 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

spent my sunday installing ARC oil cap, titanium intake, blitz air filter. Install was much longer than the ISF with all of the control units in the way.

Old 11-13-16 | 03:59 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
Interesting, I haven't tried looking at it with polarized sunglasses. At least with regular sunglasses, or with the naked eye you cant tell.
Oh yeah, you can certainly see tint with a good pair of polarized Oakley's. I can even see blotches on my windows with the factory tint on my RX 350. I don't know if you can see every type of tint on the market, but I can see the checkerboard blotches on my factory tinted and aftermarket tinted vehicles alike. I don't see the blotches on my windshields though since they haven't had tint applied to them.

So if an officer is wearing a nice pair of sunglasses they will most likely be able to tell if the windshield is tinted. Whether or not they want to issue a ticket is another story.
Old 11-28-16 | 06:22 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Not too much car related but i made this poster out of a different brochures and a special edition fold out poster of the RC-F that was given out at a show. looks pretty cool . got my tech gift from lexus.

Old 11-28-16 | 08:11 PM
Raykwon02
Driver

Originally Posted by ROK
you must be blind
ROK strikes again!
Old 12-10-16 | 02:42 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

. . . some lights mods here and there . . .
Attached Thumbnails What Have You Done To Your RC F Today?-unnamed-8.jpg   What Have You Done To Your RC F Today?-unnamed-12.jpg   What Have You Done To Your RC F Today?-unnamed-1.jpg  
Old 12-10-16 | 02:47 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Oh man...that is sad. Everyone okay?
Old 12-10-16 | 02:50 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
Oh man...that is sad. Everyone okay?
Just me in the car. A little sore, but I'm good. Impressed with Lexus safety as it was a pretty heavy impact. Thank goodness no one hurt and the 5 year old was not with me.
The following users liked this post:
NemesisUK (12-10-16)
Old 12-10-16 | 02:51 PM
NemesisUK
Driver School Candidate

Bet you didn't see that coming!!

Hope no serious injuries...

Quick Reply: What Have You Done To Your RC F Today?