RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

What Have You Done To Your RC F Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-15 | 01:20 PM
JCtx
Racer

Originally Posted by RCF500
pics below
Thanks a lot brother. Now I have the entire picture. Well, with that bracket, there's no other way, indeed. BUT there IS another way, obviously requiring a new bracket. No way I'd hack the cover like that (I like to do things right), but that's just me. Noticed there's plenty of space down to the belly pan. Will look in more detail later, to see if there're other suitable locations as well. Thanks again for your help.

EDIT: To keep this post on subject, just ordered the Triton V3 V-LEDs turn-signal bulbs for the rear, and see what happens. Will be a very close call with everything: resistor boxes, long bases, and stock sockets (where the resistor boxes connect to). But decided to roll the dice, and be the guinea pig. He he. That will almost make my RC-F a full LED car, but will leave the reverse bulbs alone, since hate when you can see the bulbs. The stock bulbs are clear, and halogen, so they don't bother me at all. Now both reverse and turn-signal housings will look clear (V3s are clear). Will post results here when I get them.

Last edited by JCtx; 09-06-15 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-04-15 | 06:16 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Definitely know I made the right selection on this car... can't even walk to the gym without turning back to snap a pic

Old 10-09-15 | 09:04 PM
Drewbie224
Driver School Candidate

Black

Old 10-10-15 | 06:29 AM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

Great look! I just blacked out the chrome trim around my windows as well. Like the side mirrors too.

Originally Posted by Drewbie224

Black

Old 10-10-15 | 09:18 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

looks great man! mine goes in on thursday for the same treatment
Old 10-13-15 | 05:26 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

[QUOTE=Drewbie224;9211147]

Looks great, and must look even better in the sun when you can see the detail of the wheels.. The blue calipers look really good..
Old 10-14-15 | 04:07 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

The new winter setup teaser

19" Volk progressive ME custom powder coated in volk red

Name:  9C79A7F1-8342-45E3-97E2-914CC14FFA06_zpsmqmsgmgy.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  218.0 KB
Name:  35766C4A-83D6-4611-BDFC-7D4D9EF63BA5_zpssv1e9qpg.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  363.6 KB
Old 10-17-15 | 10:32 AM
johnnyreb
Racer

FINALLY got my Carbotech Pads put on & the Calipers painted Red. NO more Squealing & next to Nuthin' Brake Dust! not sure if i posted on this thread before, but also added the Rear Diffusers.
Attached Thumbnails What Have You Done To Your RC F Today?-img_1330.jpg   What Have You Done To Your RC F Today?-img_1094-1-.jpg  

Last edited by johnnyreb; 10-17-15 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-17-15 | 01:03 PM
JCtx
Racer

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
FINALLY got my Carbotech Pads put on & the Calipers painted Red. NO more Squealing & next to Nuthin' Brake Dust! not sure if i posted on this thread before, but also added the Rear Diffusers.
Looking good. Man, the calipers look HUGE compared to inconspicuous black. That's exactly the color they should have been from the factory IMO. Now you see all the orange, blue, green crap everywhere, just trying to be unique. Prefer black than any of those. But red is the sportiest and classiest for a car like ours, although silver would have been nice as well. Of the flashy colors, I only like yellow, but it belongs more on a true sports car IMO, not a GT car. Good job buddy. Hey, is that difuser bolted to the bottom of the stock one? Any close-up pics of how it's bolted in place? Looks sporty, but I'd only like it if it looks OEM.
Old 10-17-15 | 02:35 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Thanks JC, yeah the Red sticks out A LOT more than the Black (i'd thought about doing them the Blue but figured they wouldn't have made that much difference). As far as the Diffusers those are some Extra ones i had from my Viper & i really liked the way they looked (& i'd seen some others that wanted around 1k & i thought that would be stupid for me to spend that when these were only $100). I did attach them in between where the lil' ones are that come on the car that you can't even see. i just drilled a lil' hole, actually 2 on each one & then just pop rivited them. I'll try & get you a pic from underneath if you want, but just looking from the rear you can't see how they're attached.
Old 10-17-15 | 02:38 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

JC, what do you think would be the best option to drop the front about an 1/2 inch? That's about all i want, the rear is fine to me, but i think the front could use just a lil' maybe even 1 inch? Thanks
The following users liked this post:
Disneydave (04-30-18)
Old 10-17-15 | 04:10 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Guys, that trim around the windows does it just pop off or how do you remove it or did they just tape it off & paint it. I was thinking of just doing a black or 4D carbon Fiber wrap if i did anything, that way i could take it off if i didn't like it after awhile.
Old 10-17-15 | 07:14 PM
equalme
Driver

johnnyreb, what'd you use to paint the calipers?
Old 10-17-15 | 07:32 PM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Guys, that trim around the windows does it just pop off or how do you remove it or did they just tape it off & paint it. I was thinking of just doing a black or 4D carbon Fiber wrap if i did anything, that way i could take it off if i didn't like it after awhile.
I taped mine off and Plasti dipped it to match all the other flat black rubber pieces around it. My paint shop didn't want to paint it. I guess I could have gone to another place to get a quote.

As for vinyl you could get matte black to match the rubber.
My vinyl guy said if the wrap stays on for many years it could take the silver off later if removed.
That didn't scare me off I just knew I could do it with tape and Plasti dip for $4.00.

NOTE- I used a new Plasti Dip alternative. I think it was a Krylon or duplicolor plastic spray. It dried real flat and smooth.

Last edited by Dbcooper13; 10-17-15 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-17-15 | 08:00 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by Dbcooper13
I taped mine off and Plasti dipped it to match all the other flat black rubber pieces around it. My paint shop didn't want to paint it. I guess I could have gone to another place to get a quote.

As for vinyl you could get matte black to match the rubber.
My vinyl guy said if the wrap stays on for many years it could take the silver off later if removed.
That didn't scare me off I just knew I could do it with tape and Plasti dip for $4.00.

NOTE- I used a new Plasti Dip alternative. I think it was a Krylon or duplicolor plastic spray. It dried real flat and smooth.
Thanks Db, i've never done the plasti-dipped but that seems to be what a lot of guys are doing these days. Equalme, i didn't paint them (i had bought the Hi-Performance Dupli-Color from ebay that you paint with a brush) but my Paint/Body Shop guy just took them off & shot them when he changed out the Brake Calipers.

Quick Reply: What Have You Done To Your RC F Today?