RC F Intake Options

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-15, 01:42 PM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RC F Intake Options

Hello Everyone,

Wanted to know if anyone has more info on the mods available for our intake system. So far I've found a Tom's filter for the stock airbox which can be matched up with any of the available JoeZ/Lems/Exart intake pipes. I am hesitant to make any purchases yet due to the lack of info about gains. If anybody has any info on these feel free to share. Thanks!
Old 06-05-15, 04:31 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm currently running the HPS intake for the ISF. It was a snug fit... but it fits... also I had to buy a bigger T-bolt clamp for the throttle body side.

As far as power gains, I wouldn't know because I didn't do a before and after dyno (no dyno on Guam), I mainly got it just for looks and to go with the theme of my engine bay
Old 06-05-15, 04:34 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

I haven't seen ANY that will actually give you any numbers, to Me IF they add Anything i would think it would be maybe 5-8 extra HP & that could be stretching it a lil', Lol! I know me & RCF500 went with the LEMS (to me it's LOOKS Great with the Blue Mica Cars because of the Blue tints in the titantium, but i'm Not Expecting Any difference in the seat of the pants feel from any extra HP) If anybody can find anything out there i'd love to see it to! GL!
Old 06-07-15, 02:41 PM
waynetech2
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RC F Intake Options

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
I haven't seen ANY that will actually give you any numbers, to Me IF they add Anything i would think it would be maybe 5-8 extra HP & that could be stretching it a lil', Lol! I know me & RCF500 went with the LEMS (to me it's LOOKS Great with the Blue Mica Cars because of the Blue tints in the titantium, but i'm Not Expecting Any difference in the seat of the pants feel from any extra HP) If anybody can find anything out there i'd love to see it to! GL!
Did you get one made for the RC-F of one made for an IS-F
Old 06-08-15, 04:40 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey we actually just ordered one of the LEMS titanium intake pipes for one of our RCF customers. We're waiting for it to ship from Japan but we'll be posting up some reviews and photos once it gets here.

Check it out. This one is for the RCF. They offer a Blitz drop in intake filter along with the pipe to give some HP gains. No official dyno numbers yet but you can assume it's just a minor bump in power.

You'll want to upgrade the exhaust to get any substantial gain. Hopefully soon some manufacturers will add some nice performance parts that will really open up the power gains.

Here is a link to our post on the LEMS titanium intake pipe. It's GORGEOUS!!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...f-and-isf.html

Old 06-10-15, 03:12 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 274 Likes on 173 Posts

There is a drop in filter made by AFE, and intakes are being developed by companies such as Joe-Z.

^ The LEMS intake is beautiful.

-Josh