RCF production numbers

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-15, 03:03 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineRCF
Ho johnnyreb,

You should had been able to click on the link I provided and you could see what the quantity is. Here is a link that should go directly to Longo's inventory from Cars.com:

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...=GN_REFINEMENT
Thanks Redline, What do they do Make them there! Lol! that's Some Line-Up! WOW!
Old 06-12-15, 03:27 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
This is pretty much How i've Always looked at the Lexus Brand! The ONLY Lexus i'd ever even Considered was the LS460 just because it's such an Awesome riding car & Perfect for a Family Road Trip! I'd had actually Never even Seen OR Heard of the RCF until we went to pick up her LS & it was sitting on the Showroom Floor & she ended up talking me into getting it, well i did take it out first & test drove & pretty much Loved it (what's Better than having a Pretty Fast Nice Looking Lexus Sports Car)!
Yep, and I believe you said you used to own a 911 also. My wife picked me up in the Sports Illustrated car used for the photo shoot and Nashville and said here, drive this. Then I bought it. Bigger back seat than a 911 and just as fun for my old butt.
Old 06-12-15, 03:32 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ROK
Exclusive is the wrong word as it implies it's only available to the select few. Anyone who wants one can get one and at or near invoice.

Bottom-line, it's a GT car and not pretending to be anything else. I personally find its design to be enthralling compared to the commuter-ish M4 with the amazing motorsport influenced chassis/suspension/powertrain design.

I can't blame someone for picking one over the other. They're both quite desirable in their own right.
Lol, why do you feel the need to post on here about it if it is nothing special and a car pretending to be something it is not? Fact is, it is it is in the same company as the M4. The purchase decision to me really comes down to looks. If you like the M4 look, but the M4. If you like the RC F look, buy the RCF. 99.9% of the people buying both vehicles cannot drive anywhere close to 9/10ths much less 10/10ths so track performance is not a factor. 0 - 60 is for high school kids.
Old 06-12-15, 03:55 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by DougHII
Lol, why do you feel the need to post on here about it if it is nothing special and a car pretending to be something it is not? Fact is, it is it is in the same company as the M4. The purchase decision to me really comes down to looks. If you like the M4 look, but the M4. If you like the RC F look, buy the RCF. 99.9% of the people buying both vehicles cannot drive anywhere close to 9/10ths much less 10/10ths so track performance is not a factor. 0 - 60 is for high school kids.
I Would have NEVER even considered the M4, To ME it's just a Boring Looking Car that Doesn't have ANY Curves & it's Waaaay Over Priced (as Most BMW's) but this is just a Personal Opinion like anybody else! In my RCF Pamphlet it says it's Faster than the M4 & the Audi RS5 on a Closed Track (but i can Promise you mine will Never see the Track)!
Old 06-12-15, 04:35 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Look, all of this talk is non-sense. The RC F is truly a bad **** car. Its a sports car and it looks great. Those ******* it or whinning about resale value apparently have never really owned a true sports car. I am a Ferrari customer so I do get a new allocation and I could well it at a premium, but other than Fetrari everyone takes a soaking on sports cars right after they but it. Seriously, if you are all worked over resale value of a 1 year old car you ain't a real sports car enthusiast and you are just a trolling for some other reason on this thread.

I just had 2 20 something hotties waived at my 48 year old butt in my parking garage during CMAs here in Nashville. It ain't me. The car is actually really cool so shut up about resale value and buy a really cool car.
The following users liked this post:
EP101 (12-13-17)
Old 06-12-15, 05:04 PM
RedlineRCF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Redline, What do they do Make them there! Lol! that's Some Line-Up! WOW!

No problem!
This is why I"m thinking of waiting due to the high volume. If a $73k-$78k car is sitting on a lot for 3 months, I'm pretty sure the sales manager stresses out. I'm hoping that my sales guy calls me at the end of this month and says "Come get your car at under invoice". I'll be there!
If not I'll just be patient and wait. No hurry, but do indeed love the car. I agree with most of you on these forums about the M4. It is a little boring, but it still is an awesome car.

Last edited by RedlineRCF; 06-12-15 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-12-15, 05:06 PM
RedlineRCF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look, all of this talk is non-sense. The RC F is truly a bad **** car. Its a sports car and it looks great. Those ******* it or whinning about resale value apparently have never really owned a true sports car. I am a Ferrari customer so I do get a new allocation and I could well it at a premium, but other than Fetrari everyone takes a soaking on sports cars right after they but it. Seriously, if you are all worked over resale value of a 1 year old car you ain't a real sports car enthusiast and you are just a trolling for some other reason on this thread.

I just had 2 20 something hotties waived at my 48 year old butt in my parking garage during CMAs here in Nashville. It ain't me. The car is actually really cool so shut up about resale value and buy a really cool car.
This is one of the reasons why to get this car... The chicks love the car!
Old 06-12-15, 05:41 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
Exclusive is the wrong word as it implies it's only available to the select few. Anyone who wants one can get one and at or near invoice.

Bottom-line, it's a GT car and not pretending to be anything else. I personally find its design to be enthralling compared to the commuter-ish M4 with the amazing motorsport influenced chassis/suspension/powertrain design.

I can't blame someone for picking one over the other. They're both quite desirable in their own right.
I think we are not far apart here. In the context of what I wrote, the car is "exclusive" in that only 2,000 are available per production year. That's not a lot of RC Fs for the buying public.

I am not using the term in the context of being unapproachably expensive. The loaded carbon is well worth the $80k and tax, IMO.
Old 06-12-15, 06:45 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RedlineRCF
This is one of the reasons why to get this car... The chicks love the car!
Get the the car or don't get the car. Who cares. To come on here winning about resale value before it is even established . . . lol, real enthusiasts don't even discuss resale value . . . Its an 80K sports and some of you are acting like its a life investment.
Old 06-12-15, 09:56 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the the car or don't get the car. Who cares. To come on here winning about resale value before it is even established . . . lol, real enthusiasts don't even discuss resale value . . . Its an 80K sports and some of you are acting like its a life investment.
True who the hell buys a car and the main thing is resale? If that's the case they are over extending and they need to save more, get a better job, or both.
Old 06-13-15, 11:35 AM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Related to this topic, how many RC-F owners are on this forum, anybody have the numbers? I looked around briefly, didn't see anything.
Old 06-13-15, 02:45 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Fysisist
Related to this topic, how many RC-F owners are on this forum, anybody have the numbers? I looked around briefly, didn't see anything.
I heard 1,600, but who knows.
Old 06-13-15, 03:15 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

I heard 1,600, but who knows.
WOW! Doug, you really think it's THAT Many! IF it is, they Sure Aren't Posting!
By the way Doug, to me it seems like Most of the guys in the ISF cars are of the younger generation that likes to Mod the Crap out of their cars! They're Not Old Foggies like me & you! I guess that's what the RCF's are for!
Old 06-13-15, 03:40 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

WOW! Doug, you really think it's THAT Many! IF it is, they Sure Aren't Posting!
By the way Doug, to me it seems like Most of the guys in the ISF cars are of the younger generation that likes to Mod the Crap out of their cars! They're Not Old Foggies like me & you! I guess that's what the RCF's are for!
That number is what I recall someone telling me. I think the original plan was for 1,500 Porsche CGTs, but they stopped at 1200 or so when demand wained. That was a $ 448,000 car though. The ISF never came close to attracting me to purchasing a Lexus. I think the new Grills and new aggressive looks did it for me. Kind of sucks being old, but nice to be able to buy fun stuff.
Old 06-13-15, 04:27 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

. The car is a blast, says this old guy. And it does get a lot of attention. As you said, it ain't me.

Quick Reply: RCF production numbers