RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Does your RCF use oil?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-15 | 03:31 PM
BAlbright
Driver

Default Does your RCF use oil?

I detailed my car yesterday and while I was under the hood, I thought I'd check the oil. I have 1300 miles on my car. I was surprised to see that the oil level was at the bottom mark on the dipstick. This was the first time I took a look at the oil. Perhaps the oil was never up to the top mark when I took delivery. Or is it normal for the V8 in the RCF to use a little oil? I came from ownership of a Honda Accord with a V6. I never had to look at the oil level in it. Whenever I did, it wasn't a drop down
Old 06-25-15 | 05:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

was the car running?
Old 06-25-15 | 05:29 PM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

My oil light came on at 4500miles and I had less than a quart in the car.
I travel with an extra quart in the trunk now.

I drive the aggressively in Sport plus ALL the time.

Last edited by Dbcooper13; 06-25-15 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-25-15 | 05:55 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by Dbcooper13
My oil light came on at 4500miles and I had less than a quart in the car.
I travel with an extra quart in the trunk now.

I drive the aggressively in Sport plus ALL the time.
Wow, that seems a lil' excessive i would think for a Lexus but i know the old air-cooled Porsche's the Oil is their Lifeline & they Definitely go thru it (what kind are you using Db)! I'm sure one of the techs on here could answer this though! GL!
Old 06-25-15 | 06:12 PM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Wow, that seems a lil' excessive i would think for a Lexus but i know the old air-cooled Porsche's the Oil is their Lifeline & they Definitely go thru it (what kind are you using Db)! I'm sure one of the techs on here could answer this though! GL!
At 5000 I put in synthetic and then back to 10/30 at 10,000 miles because I want to change the oil every 5K based on the way I drive.
Old 06-25-15 | 06:33 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by Dbcooper13
At 5000 I put in synthetic and then back to 10/30 at 10,000 miles because I want to change the oil every 5K based on the way I drive.
Thanks Buddy! I'm just now at 500 miles () do you know what they came with from the Factory?
Guess i need to go ahead & put one in the Turtle Hull ( i know the young guys Won't know what that is)!
Old 06-25-15 | 06:52 PM
jdolin22
Driver School Candidate

I have 200 miles on my car and the check oil light came on today.
Old 06-25-15 | 06:59 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

I had the oil light come on around 1500 so I added a quart of the whatever it said on the cap, I am going to run mineral oil and change it like the people who build the car say to do

3500 miles and it has not changed any, also I do hammer the car hitting redline daily.
Old 06-26-15 | 03:53 AM
BAlbright
Driver

Sounds like a little consumption is normal. I'll need to keep a closer eye on it! Thanks for your replies
Old 06-26-15 | 07:29 AM
2015RCF
Driver School Candidate

I had the same issue at 2,500 miles-oil light came on and it was crazy low. Lexus took the car ran a bunch tests. Filled it and want me to come back in 1,100 miles. The sealed the film cap and dipstick with tape that says Lexus factory seal so I can't even check it. This really has me worried. They said it might not have been filled correctly at the factory, or it could be a real issue. BTW- no oil drips or residue anywhere, even tailpipes look clean.
Old 06-26-15 | 09:18 AM
Raykwon02
Driver

The car will burn a good amount of oil during break-in. I check mine weekly and add as needed. After a couple thousand miles it will still burn oil, but not as much.
Old 06-26-15 | 12:07 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Thanks Buddy! I'm just now at 500 miles () do you know what they came with from the Factory?
Guess i need to go ahead & put one in the Turtle Hull ( i know the young guys Won't know what that is)!
500 miles? You have too many cars!

I have over 7,500 miles since March. I use my car for business purposes so at least I am getting 57.5 Cents per mile for a lot of those miles . . .

There may be some oil consumption during break in. Should not be too alarming provided there are not other signs such as smoke, leaks and etc.

BTW, I have driven my car like I stole it since day one. My car actually had about 500 miles on it when I purchased it as it was used by Sports Illustrated for their hottie bikini model shoot.
Old 06-26-15 | 02:24 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by BAlbright
I detailed my car yesterday and while I was under the hood, I thought I'd check the oil. I have 1300 miles on my car. I was surprised to see that the oil level was at the bottom mark on the dipstick. This was the first time I took a look at the oil. Perhaps the oil was never up to the top mark when I took delivery. Or is it normal for the V8 in the RCF to use a little oil? I came from ownership of a Honda Accord with a V6. I never had to look at the oil level in it. Whenever I did, it wasn't a drop down

Most of the oil consumption of this engine is due to the PCV system. That is why we designed the RR Racing Air/Oil Separator for the ISF. This model will also fit your RCF.

You are located about 1 hour from our shop... stop by and we will hook you up. Also, we have the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) for your car... you WILL NOT be disappointed.

-Rafi

ISF AOS Thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...separator.html
Attached Thumbnails Does your RCF use oil?-isfaos0001-oc.jpg   Does your RCF use oil?-aos-isf.jpg  
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 06-26-15 | 03:03 PM
sraesmit
Rookie

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Most of the oil consumption of this engine is due to the PCV system. That is why we designed the RR Racing Air/Oil Separator for the ISF. This model will also fit your RCF.

You are located about 1 hour from our shop... stop by and we will hook you up. Also, we have the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) for your car... you WILL NOT be disappointed.

-Rafi

ISF AOS Thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...separator.html
I'd be interested in both of those parts since I frequent the track here in SoCal.
Old 03-16-19 | 03:09 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Anyone having oil burning issues with their RCF?

Quick Reply: Does your RCF use oil?