RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Noise coming from drivers door....

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-15, 11:11 AM
asinow
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Noise coming from drivers door....

Has anyone experienced any annoying noises coming from this area on your drivers door? If so, did you look into it or your dealer?

Has anyone removed their panel ?

Thanks in advance...
Old 07-19-15, 02:18 PM
TheBatman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of noise? How does it appear - when you press on it, close/open the door, or when you go over rough pavement?
Old 07-19-15, 03:45 PM
asinow
Pit Crew

Sorry, should have provided more info. I hear the noise in a typical neighborhood street. Semi-rough. occasional bump.

What it sounds like is the plastic under the door panel hitting the metal door. If I could figure out where the door panel screws are I would pop the panel myself. I found 2 under the door control, I think the rest are those plastic pop in connectors, but I cant be certain.

I wonder if anyone could point me in a direction of a picture of the anchor points.
Old 07-19-15, 03:53 PM
TheBatman
Driver

Originally Posted by asinow
Sorry, should have provided more info. I hear the noise in a typical neighborhood street. Semi-rough. occasional bump.

What it sounds like is the plastic under the door panel hitting the metal door. If I could figure out where the door panel screws are I would pop the panel myself. I found 2 under the door control, I think the rest are those plastic pop in connectors, but I cant be certain.

I wonder if anyone could point me in a direction of a picture of the anchor points.
If your window is not sealing properly, you would hear a sound like the one you're describing. When the car goes over rough pavement, the window wiggles up and down creating a rattle. It could be as simple as getting a window sealer and applying it to the seals to form a tighter seal or as complicated as the dealer adjusting the window track so it seals more tightly when the window is closed.
Old 07-19-15, 03:58 PM
asinow
Pit Crew

Sounds like a possibility. Thanks for taking your time. I'll put it in the hands of the dealer I suppose.

Thanks again...I'll post an update
Old 07-19-15, 04:07 PM
TheBatman
Driver

Originally Posted by asinow
Sounds like a possibility. Thanks for taking your time. I'll put it in the hands of the dealer I suppose.

Thanks again...I'll post an update
As soon as I saw the pic and your description that's what came to mind. I had this issue with the driver's side door on my GT-R. Over broken pavement there would be a rattle that was difficult to pinpoint. The door panels all seemed fine and I couldn't replicate it unless it was over certain pavement.

Dealer took a look and deemed that the door panel had to be taken off and they adjusted the window track. No more noise. Apparently, its the window not forming a tight bond against the seals so over rough pavement it shifts up and down and you hear the noise.

Hopefully, its the same issue and the dealer can fix it.
Old 07-19-15, 05:25 PM
asinow
Pit Crew

That's a good thought. So here's what I just did. I shut the door with a thin microfiber cloth in between the window and the seal and performed a road test. No noise! It's funny how it sounded like the door panel. Thanks ! I have a direction to go now. I appreciate your help.