RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

What features do you like most and least about the RCF?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-15, 10:25 AM
buch
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 7No

Dislikes: 1) The trackpad. It's too distracting to try to use on the road since it requires that you look at the screen display. Also, even at the least sensitive setting, it's still unusable on a rough road.

2) The seat heater/ventilated seats. No where near warm/cool enough.
It would be great if the trackpad sensitivity was more adjustable. Does sensitivity change in concert with "feedback force"? Thanks,
Old 08-05-15, 11:16 AM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnevino
I believe there some new compound brake pads just released...aftermarket. Ask Mod In Japan that's on the forums, I'm pretty sure he's selling them.
Carbotech makes them, SpeedFreaks has (had?) a group buy special on all 4 corners. I have them and they definitely reduce the dust significantly.
Old 08-05-15, 11:17 AM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 7No

Dislikes: 1) The trackpad. It's too distracting to try to use on the road since it requires that you look at the screen display. Also, even at the least sensitive setting, it's still unusable on a rough road.

It would be cool if they gave us the choice of the trackpad or conventional puck/mouse set up. They could even make it a drop in module, easy to swap.
Old 08-05-15, 11:41 AM
rjmalm
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ThaDRD
It would be cool if they gave us the choice of the trackpad or conventional puck/mouse set up. They could even make it a drop in module, easy to swap.
I agree. I hate it when you go to move the cursor and it digitizes
somewhere on the map as the cursor is moving to some new select button and then you have to move to the 3rd icon from the
left bottom to get back on route. I have tried the full range of the force feedback setting but it does not effect sensitivity. You can even
move the cursor with your finger just off the touchpad surface.
I tried max feedback and min. Dont like any setting.
Old 08-05-15, 12:29 PM
cmhuk
Driver School Candidate

Like -
The Growl of the V8
Two cars in one Economy in town and in traffic jams and Insane sports
The Ultrasonic Blue with Carbon it makes me smile
The way the seats grip
The Different Rev Dial Options
ML sound system

Dislike -
Low end torque
No HUD option
No AWD option
Trackpad and small display
Old 08-06-15, 11:27 AM
jdolin22
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 7No

I completely agree with both of these issues. The track pad is sooo sensitive. I have a 2012 A6 and the MMI infotainment interface is so easy. Not a huge fan of the system in the RCF. And I swear sometimes there is no "cool" coming from the ventilated seats.
Old 08-06-15, 06:21 PM
fly2low
Driver

Bless the heart of those who decided to use pedal emergency brake.

I could also use a bit more initial bite on the break.

Other than that, RCF has exceeded all my expectations
Old 08-06-15, 07:54 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 274 Likes on 173 Posts

Mmmm.... V8.

We have a lot of RC F Customers and the only thing we really hear about is the brake dust can be a bit heavy, but overall I haven't heard of anything major.
Old 08-06-15, 11:12 PM
kareemRCF
Driver

Originally Posted by buch
It would be great if the trackpad sensitivity was more adjustable. Does sensitivity change in concert with "feedback force"? Thanks,
if you disable the vibration of the trackpad you will start to like it, it will feel like a mousepad of a laptop and very easy to use.
Old 08-08-15, 06:06 AM
buch
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kareemRCF
if you disable the vibration of the trackpad you will start to like it, it will feel like a mousepad of a laptop and very easy to use.
Worth a try. Thanks,
Old 08-08-15, 07:49 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by NickZ
I can only tell you what they're saying to me, however, I have very little faith in my dealership so I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

Lexus customer service has also been a huge disappointment, I had to call them back four times before they acknowledged my case and even then they were pretty worthless. They logged a case about my brakes and said they'd let me know if a fix is released, I'm not holding my breath here and must say that is the most frustrating aspect I have to deal with daily, I absolutely hate the squealing noise and I feel that it ruins the experience.
You get brake noise on new pads and rotors in all cars. Had them on my Porsches and Italians. It goes away. Mine did it at first. All quiet now and have been for many miles, although I am rapidly approaching 10k.

I get Lexus' response about the hesitation issue as there is nothing mechanically or electronically wrong. The car is performing exactly as it is supposed to and there are no fault codes. As I have posted on her since March and after having my car for a week, it is a programming issue and function of having 8 speed tranny when perhaps only 6 is needed.

Rather than approaching this from telling them something is broke stand point (because nothing is), we need to approach this from the "you guys need to re-flash the tranny, because the downshifting in normal automatic modes is annoying . . . The upshifts are too slow from 3 up in manual mode . . . and you need to program the car to skip gears more rapidly on the downshift when throttle is applied in automatic mode."

It will take a while, but eventually they will listen enough complain. On the other hand, perhaps everyone telling them the tranny is broke, fuel delivery sux and etc. will eventually get their attention more causing them to eventually remap instead of wasting time iand money on dealer service department visits, but keep in mind they will not find any problems because there are none. This is an optimization issue than a problem issue.
Old 08-08-15, 07:55 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by buch
Worth a try. Thanks,
Yep, the track pad is very cool in concept, but comes up a bit short in execution. Perhaps they will eventually get a software upgrade for this also. Luckily, I need mine very little if at all while driving. The German rotary dial is really easy to use, but you still have to look away from the road to use it when scrolling through menus and key pads.